Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a refurbished laptop

Options
  • 11-07-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to buy a very cheap laptop to bring to Eastern Europe where im teaching for a year. All I'll really need it for is MS office and internet. I think that the best value is to buy a refurbished one.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions on where to buy such a laptop and how to know whether its of good quality? What kind of features should I be looking for (e.g. whats the minimum RAM I should look for)? Do you think refurbished laptops almost as good as a new one (apart from wear and tear etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

You should get a mod to move this over to the laptop forum but anyway.

Whats your budget? For basic tasks theres no need to get a refurb, you can get a new laptop for cheap online that'll suit your needs. 4GB is the minimum RAM you should get. Along with an i3 processor or higher and you'll be fine with most brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

ooops sorry :)

I already have a laptop but would like to get one which I wont have to look after as much ..so that if it gets damaged while im travelling etc I wont be too devastated. Therefore I would only be willing to spend 200 euro ish?! There isnt too many new online laptops for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

66dunaras wrote: »
    ooops sorry :)

I already have a laptop but would like to get one which I wont have to look after as much ..so that if it gets damaged while im travelling etc I wont be too devastated. Therefore I would only be willing to spend 200 euro ish?! There isnt too many new online laptops for that price.

I'm afraid even for 200 it'll be hard to get a decent refurb. Your best bet for that budget is to check adverts or donedeal for an old second hand laptop. (are netbooks too small or would you consider them too?)

If see anything you like PM me and I'll be happy to check it over.

Advertisement