Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of dog is milly?

• 11-07-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping all you wonderful animal lovers can help me!

I've been dying to know what my dog is crossed with since we got her but I never knew how to upload photos until last night so I'm hoping some can help.

Milly is a terrier x who we rescued at 10weeks! Absolute looper but my best friend.

These photos are from when we first got her to what she looks like now, although she has taken a stretch and is now a medium sized dog.

My vet reckoned she was maybe a westie/lab!

Thanks a mill!

3d4c038f.jpg

ab254d85.jpg

4c296187.jpg

e953dc73.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not a clue on breed, but she's seriously cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thanks jimmy! Yep she is a character alright, has just turned 1 and still big and bold. When I got her groomed at the start of the summer, we shaved her down, to get the most out of it and I could see the resemblance of the lab in her, but then I was thinking was I only seeing it as I was told it was a possibility by the vet! :)

We rescued a little kitten and the two of them are thick as thieves now. Sleep together in millies bed. Too cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

cruais wrote: »
    We rescued a little kitten and the two of them are thick as thieves now. Sleep together in millies bed. Too cute!

Sounds very similar to our two... the cat knows how to open the bin, so it has a nosey in there and throws down food for Molly too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

A patterdale terrier/x maybe ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

A patterdale terrier/x maybe ?

I was about to ask! Is she reasonably long legged for her body size? She looks like a fullbreed wire haired patterdale to me, but it's hard to tell her proportions from the pics. Patterdales would be a similar build to, say, a fox terrier, in that they are long legged compared to other terriers like the westie or cairn. Patterdales are also very common in Ireland, much favoured as hunting dogs for ferreting and ratting, though not necessarily always recognised for what they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Waterfordlass

OMG, I have no idea what she is, but she is an absolute doll, a cuddle monster. We still have no idea what mix our eight year old girl Muffit is, but she owns our hearts.
    Hugs to Milly, and not forgetting kitty. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

In the first picture she has a head like a border terrier so judging by her colour and coat type I would also say Patterdale as they often have Border in their lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Knine wrote: »
    In the first picture she has a head like a border terrier so judging by her colour and coat type I would also say Patterdale as they often have Border in their lines.

I agree on the facial similarities to a border.. although I would say not at all in the first pic but rather in the others. They have the cutest faces.. I could be being bias tho, I think my border is the cutest thing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lucysocks

Kinda looks like a cairn I had around the face...very cute too:D

Advertisement