Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc Broadband down at times the last few weeks?

• 11-07-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having this problem? I am in West Dublin.

At certain points of the day the internet just isnt working. Can last up to an hour or two.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

When it happens does the online light go off on your modem? If not it may just be your wireless dropping. Might need to change the wifi channel on the wifi router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Happening a lot lately. Off last Monday night arounf 10.30 pm and Sunday tea time seems to be a regularly down time. Co Meath byw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I had a short outage last night, sometime after midnight. Dublin 3. It wasn't wireless it affected two computers that are connected to the modem via a switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

In West Dublin also and I can confirm that this has been going on to a greater or lesser degree for 5 years at least. I have complained many times but all they do is send an engineer (useless) so Ive given up.

It drops out for me for anything from 2 minutes to an hour or so regularly. The last time I complained I was on hold so long that it came back and when I finally got to speak to someone they told me that I needed to speak to them while it was gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I believe they're doing some upgrades for the On Demand, so short outages are likely. If it's very frequent though, it's a more serious issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭argonaut

This has been happening to me the last couple of days - I'm still connected to the WiFi but don't have internet access for hours. I've noticed it's mainly at night, though, so it's possible it could be maintenance work or something. Still annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

argonaut wrote: »
    This has been happening to me the last couple of days - I'm still connected to the WiFi but don't have internet access for hours. I've noticed it's mainly at night, though, so it's possible it could be maintenance work or something. Still annoying.

If the modem itself just looses access to the internet this won't kick you off the local Wifi network as you still have a wireless internal network to connect to, there's just no Internet being routed to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DR_HOUSE

Happened to me also. Connected but internet not working. I went at the internet Caffe accross the street and contacted UPC online, and the lady told me that they have a problem and they'r sorry and the got disconnected. Also since then I've had some problems with connection. Now they sent me an e-mail saying that the bill will be higher starting August. So I'm thinking on changing to Smart Broadband. Anyone can say something about this provider? Thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I haven't access since last night. Its weird, I don't think I've experienced an outage before this. Dublin 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi lads.

My Internet has dropped a few times in the past 2 weeks. Usually for an hour or two. I went on to the UPC modem using 168.192.1.1 and it says that my cable modem has access denied. Is that what is causing the Internet not to work? Connected wirelessly using a MacBook Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I thought I was going mad, but this is happening to me too. Contacted UPC on twitter and they suggested plugging out the modem for a min, which was greeaat.

I've asked to be referred to accounts with regards to getting a credit for the days I've been offline 5.5 in July thus far - they will 'pass on my query'.

Currently am offline since Fri 13th at approx 23:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hi lads.

My Internet has dropped a few times in the past 2 weeks. Usually for an hour or two. I went on to the UPC modem using 168.192.1.1 and it says that my cable modem has access denied. Is that what is causing the Internet not to work? Connected wirelessly using a MacBook Pro.

same issue for me,"access denied" on modem page, this happened a few times in the last few weeks. checked modem and ds light was flashing constantly, this downtime can last 2mins to about an hr. UPC were replacing cables on houses in the area, so i assumed that's the cause so never bothered contacting 1908.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This is still going on for me.
    Drops every day at random times. Always in the morning especially.

This is still going on for me.
    Drops every day at random times. Always in the morning especially.

Yeah, no change for me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You two need to get on to UPC then, sounds like you're both suffering from individual issues on your own connection.

Works have been completed on the UPC network for weeks.

Achilles wrote: »
    You two need to get on to UPC then, sounds like you're both suffering from individual issues on your own connection.

Works have been completed on the UPC network for weeks.

Ive long given up getting onto them. Ive phoned dozens of times, never ever get anything resolved.

Advertisement