Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee shops in Amsterdam

Options
  • 11-07-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

5 friends and I are heading to Amsterdam on July 26th. But I've heard of new laws coming in about tourists not being allowed to do the good stuff in the cafes that are around amsterdam.

What is the story with this? And will we be able to stroll in for a smoke or two come later on this month?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I don't think you can anymore. From what I understand only Dutch Residents can visit these cafes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Miaireland wrote: »
    I don't think you can anymore. From what I understand only Dutch Residents can visit these cafes now.

Not true. It is business as usual in Amsterdam. Some of the border towns have a "locals only" policy now, but this is unlikely to ever spread to Amsterdam - (weed related) tourism is worth too much money to them.

Advertisement