Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost passport issue

Options
  • 11-07-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

i have lost my passport or its been stolen either way i cannot find it. i have been trying for the last 2-3 months to contact the irish embassy in Canberra in order to apply for a new passport and cancel my old one i have gotten a police statement to say that i lost this passport but everytime i ring the Canberra office it goes to an answer machine where i leave my name my address and my phone number. I have done this three times and still have not recieved any correspondence from them. I have also used the 'contact us' via email option twice on the website to no avail. In the last week i have tried ringing Home to have it cancelled but i am always the office voicemail says that there are too many people on hold so ring back later.

how can i go about reporting it as missing to our people? i have a police statement as i said.

On another note when applying for a new passport after you lose it you have to apply as if it is a new passport. I was born in the states and have a USA passport how do i prove that i am entitled to Irish citizenship if i have lost my passport? i have an irish drivers license would this count

from the dept of foreign affairs website "the long form birth certificate of the applicant and a civil marriage certificate, if appropriate, and evidence of entitlement to Irish citizenship ,where applicable;"

any help would be appreciated. thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Try the consulate in Sydney? The consulate in Sydney have a Facebook page. Bit unorthodox, but maybe try PM them or write a message on the wall saying you can't get through to Canberra and ask for a call back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It takes a long long time to get it from the Embassy in Canberra. Longer than the 8 weeks quoted. http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254#post

It would be quicker to wait until you're back in Ireland (travelling on US passport) if possible and use passport express.

Advertisement