Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Arann To Order 8 ATR72-600s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

At least one -42 has a new interior, so I can't see it being got rid of that quickly. They are, however, virtually antique at this stage compared to the average age of planes at other Irish airlines.

The original rumour was for 6, which would be fleet replacement territory; 8 would suggest some expansion planned.

The 600s are slightly faster and should be a lot more reliable so they could likely push more flights on the same amount of metal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cabincrewifly

I can see them keeping 1 ATR 42, so some leaps in capacity are ahead for WAT and KIR, both having a based ATR 42 each. Great to see a new order finally, there are some major issues with reliability at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

I can see them keeping 1 ATR 42, so some leaps in capacity are ahead for WAT and KIR, both having a based ATR 42 each. Great to see a new order finally, there are some major issues with reliability at the moment

Will be good for WAT to have a 72 based again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

shanemul wrote: »
    Will be good for WAT to have a 72 based again

The only good thing for Waterford is to get rid of Southend route and go back 2x daily to Luton to like it was before Stobart.

They also need Edinburgh direct, something that was a rumour when Flybe added the BHX route.

There's no point in them doing EDI direct from WAT when Cork has something like 11 weekly as it is. I would have like to see Waterford to London-Gatwick instead of Luton or Southend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

b757 wrote: »
    The only good thing for Waterford is to get rid of Southend route and go back 2x daily to Luton to like it was before Stobart.

They also need Edinburgh direct, something that was a rumour when Flybe added the BHX route.

Speaking of Stobart, is he a director of Aer Arann now? Does he also have some connection with Southend?

kub wrote: »
    Speaking of Stobart, is he a director of Aer Arann now? Does he also have some connection with Southend?

Stobart isn't the director but a shareholder. He owns and runs Southend Airport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

There's no point in them doing EDI direct from WAT when Cork has something like 11 weekly as it is. I would have like to see Waterford to London-Gatwick instead of Luton or Southend.

Sure if you look at it like that, there is no point in them doing London/Manchester/Birmingham since Cork has numerous flights per week..

Luton was the best route for them, they used to be getting 7-10k passengers a month back when it was 2/3x daily.

WAT-EDI would work if it was 4/5x per week like what Manchester is.
    kub wrote: »

I don't think he his. They own Southend Airport, and are putting up the money for the new aircraft.

Advertisement