Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Does anyone have info on traffic restrictions or any events taking place on the quay Saturday evening?

The reason I ask is that I have to get to the bridge side of the quay for 7.30pm. I'll be coming in on Paddy Brown's Rd.

(I looked on the city council website, but there wasn't anything there.)

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Re The Buses!

They usually go up Brownes road & down by the Foumn if the Quay is closed. maybe 5 minutes slower depending on traffic.

Re SPRAOI! Bring it on! Love SPRAOI! let's be super welcoming to everybody visiting Waterford this weekend & make them want to come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

comeraghs wrote: »
    Love SPRAOI! let's be super welcoming to everybody visiting Waterford this weekend & make them want to come back!

yea great idea boi:)

random_act_of_kindness_cards_business_card-p240295087544839958en3d3_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

x

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Re The Buses!

They usually go up Brownes road & down by the Foumn if the Quay is closed. maybe 5 minutes slower depending on traffic.

Re SPRAOI! Bring it on! Love SPRAOI! let's be super welcoming to everybody visiting Waterford this weekend & make them want to come back!
    Wuhoo, will be making the trip down from Galway tomorrow morning. Can't wait ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Wuhoo, will be making the trip down from Galway tomorrow morning. Can't wait ;)

There are a few Galwegians living here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What's the weather like down in Waterford? Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

AdMMM wrote: »
    What's the weather like down in Waterford? Looking forward to it!

Lookin out the window its a littleovercast at the minute but forecast tells us its supposed to be amix bag of weather so hopefully well get a day like yesterday for the weekend and the sunny south east will live up to its name , this is my first spraoi festival this year so im looking forward to see what it has to offer , fingers crossed for a good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Is it me or am I just catching the wrong stuff on TV and Radio but the only mainstream publicity I am aware of for the Spraoi is in our local media,

Again their seems to be quite a large absecne from the national media, there was a push on the Galway Arts festival for last weekened but now the National media seem to be highlighting the Killarney Summerfest and various other things such as the Tinnaheally Agri Show, Annagasshan Viking Fest but not the Spraoi.

TV3 Yes again omitts us from this weeks national events guide (unless there is another version airing I have not seen and is not yet posted on their website).

Spraoi is listed on DiscoverIrelands (Bord Failte's) website but I have not seen it feature on their current tv advert that they are running , Personally I have only seen them promote the Killarney Summerfest

I can understand Spraoi and the council may not have the funds for TV advertising - but the free listings, adverts and events guide ALL should have Spraoi as the well deserving headline act and festival for our Island this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's strange living in Dublin and having to explain to everyone what Spraoi is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Jambo wrote: »
    Is it me or am I just catching the wrong stuff on TV and Radio but the only mainstream publicity I am aware of for the Spraoi is in our local media,

Again their seems to be quite a large absecne from the national media, there was a push on the Galway Arts festival for last weekened but now the National media seem to be highlighting the Killarney Summerfest and various other things such as the Tinnaheally Agri Show, Annagasshan Viking Fest but not the Spraoi.

TV3 Yes again omitts us from this weeks national events guide (unless there is another version airing I have not seen and is not yet posted on their website).

Spraoi is listed on DiscoverIrelands (Bord Failte's) website but I have not seen it feature on their current tv advert that they are running , Personally I have only seen them promote the Killarney Summerfest

I can understand Spraoi and the council may not have the funds for TV advertising - but the free listings, adverts and events guide ALL should have Spraoi as the well deserving headline act and festival for our Island this weekend!!

Just one point about this. It's up to the events themselves to make sure they get listed on this programme. It's not TV3's job to scour the net in search of events. And that may be the only time you'll ever see me defend that poisonous station.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just one point about this. It's up to the events themselves to make sure they get listed on this programme. It's not TV3's job to scour the net in search of events. And that may be the only time you'll ever see me defend that poisonous station.

Yeah id say they are just up the walls. I contacted them to put flyers/posters or whatever around Tramore for them, into businesses and so on and never heard from them. Lot to do, so little time I suppose.

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah id say they are just up the walls. I contacted them to put flyers/posters or whatever around Tramore for them, into businesses and so on and never heard from them. Lot to do, so little time I suppose.

No, that's just a typical reaction from a company that thinks they're doing everything just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

No, that's just a typical reaction from a company that thinks they're doing everything just right.

That's a bit harsh isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Event promoters have to pay for a slot on that TV3 national event guide.

That's a bit harsh isn't it?

Really? You think that's harsh. I called them poisoned a bit earlier. But to answer your question, nope not harsh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Really? You think that's harsh. I called them poisoned a bit earlier. But to answer your question, nope not harsh.

He meant Spraoi I think, not TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

He meant Spraoi I think, not TV3

Yeah I thought you were referring to Spraoi when you said "typical reaction from a company that thinks they're doing everything just right."

Face was all like wt7A6.gif

Yeah I thought you were referring to Spraoi when you said "typical reaction from a company that thinks they're doing everything just right."

Face was all like wt7A6.gif

What a beauty.

What a beauty.

Oh god no Sully you didnt go to the cheryl cole DARK SIDE ....i thought der was hopefor ya lad lol ......can anyone tell me whats on tomorrow for the spraoi after about 2 pm , cheers folks

• Advertisement

haha Jesus no. I fcuking love Spraoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Was in town this afternoon, nice atmosphere around. Some sort of puppet theatre on in red square, looked entertaining but I was in a rush by that stage.

I went to the 'imaginarium' earlier in Bolton Street car park. A huge thing that looked like a bouncy castle - endless patient explaining by parents in the queue that it was not a bouncy castle...

It was worth the €5, tho everyone including kids was €5 - not totally sure it was worth the three quarters of an hour of queueing, but it was an interesting experience. The kids seemed to enjoy it and there were some very relaxed mums reclining in the recesses while their kids explored. A pleasant and unusual experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just down on The Plaza for the bands. A cop just arrived along and started going around to people who were drinking saying she was told to enforce the new by-law and giving earnings. So much for common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I was in the park for the sort of circus-like show at 10pm. The name escapes me now, it was excellent though! I'll post up a few sh!te pics in the morning! :D

The Puppet Show was class! And tbh, I don't see a problem with banning drinking at this festival. If people are slaughtered walking around a family based event then it destroys it for everyone. Sure, we could lock em all up in the cells and be done with it but it means talking Guards of the street and extra work.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

The Puppet Show was class! And tbh, I don't see a problem with banning drinking at this festival. If people are slaughtered walking around a family based event then it destroys it for everyone. Sure, we could lock em all up in the cells and be done with it but it means talking Guards of the street and extra work.

Banning the drink wouldnt bother me either. I'd probably have a can or two anyways tbh if I was thirsty but sure there's plenty of pubs around to go to, except geoffs haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Just down on The Plaza for the bands. A cop just arrived along and started going around to people who were drinking saying she was told to enforce the new by-law and giving earnings. So much for common sense.

I was working there myself last night and was talking to that guard - She wasnt too pushed really - she was heading off to Ibiza this morning so didnt really give a damn. :D
    Pretty hot stuff too :D

About an hour ago watched a large group of lads walk by my house well pissed ...i can only assume there headin in to town ...ihope this wont affect the weekend ....i think alcohol should be aserved on a minimum for weekends like this when families are involved ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

war_child wrote: »
    About an hour ago watched a large group of lads walk by my house well pissed ...i can only assume there headin in to town ...ihope this wont affect the weekend ....i think alcohol should be aserved on a minimum for weekends like this when families are involved ....

Or people could just be responsible for themselves and that includes people serving alcohol abiding by "rules" in place with regard to serving alcohol. There's enough of the nanny state rubbish as it is - and by the way I rarely drink so this isn't coming from someone who doesn't want their alcohol consumption affected.

Advertisement