Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi festival 2012

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Cake Man wrote: »
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Fireworks were outstanding tonight

Agreed, thought they were excellent and seemed to be longer and better than previous years. I'd say some of them could have been heard out in Tramore, 'twas like a bad day in Syria!

Overall, really enjoyed Spraoi this year.

Yeah, I think the fireworks were longer than usual due to it being the 20th Anniversary. I really enjoyed it this year too, great weather for it also! Well done to everyone involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Saw the fireworks from the back bedroom were bloody amazing:D , Olymipcs 2012 my arse lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I could see the fireworks over the tops of the houses, I thought they were great. It sounded like there were a million people oooing and ahing on the quay from where I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I could see the fireworks over the tops of the houses, I thought they were great. It sounded like there were a million people oooing and ahing on the quay from where I was.

Yeah, and there was a great round of applause at the end too. People were really impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Fireworks were fantastic. Other highlights for me; Torann were their usual brilliant selves, Mr Marcus was enjoyable for adults and kids and couldn't really fault any of the numerous bands I saw on plaza. Thought Mad Hatters were good too, nice the way the brought the kids into show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

The pub music trail was excellent the city centre seemed very busy Saturday night, had to cue to get into Shortts last night a good week end all round

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Can someone tell me if the pubs/clubs will be busytonight because of the spraoi?

Im thinking of taking a trip down for the night maybe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can someone tell me if the pubs/clubs will be busytonight because of the spraoi?

Doubt it considering people have work tomorrow and Spraoi is over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its all finished up now. Be pretty quiet tonight.

Its all finished up now. Be pretty quiet tonight.

Just passed thru the centre a few mins ago quiet enuff but stilla few die hards hangin on , lots of weekenders hittin the train station , so long fair well till next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

war_child wrote: »
    Just passed thru the centre a few mins ago quiet enuff but stilla few die hards hangin on , lots of weekenders hittin the train station , so long fair well till next year

I know a few lads in their final round. Theyll be in bits tomorrow :pac:

I know a few lads in their final round. Theyll be in bits tomorrow :pac:

3 days in a row is far more than i can handle at my ripe ole age , jesus if i was drinkin today der would just be bones left of me tomorrow ha ha ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Meself and Mrs Tippwarrior spent Sunday in Waterford. Had a great day some good acts around the differant stages. Good music on the main stage topped off by The Sawdoctors and the fireworks display was brilliant lasted for 12 minutes. Well done Spraoi and Waterford.
    One thing I noticed actually I tell a lie Mrs Tippwarrior noticed reading through the programme one of the child welfare officers was called Tara Buggy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Great little weekend around, some lovely dinner in mclearys Saturday and down the plaza then. Sunday in around John St area!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

really enjoyed SPRAOI 2012. Well Done to all involved in organising it!

just one suggestion! MORE PORTALOOS! 4 loos @ the SawDoctors gig for several thousand people! The queues could be seen from space.

other than that, Brilliant weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Made the annual trip down from Galway to Spraoi again this year. Myself and the OH made it our first holiday way back in 2004, and have been enjoying it ever since. It was excellent this year. The fireworks were definitely the best I've ever seen.

This time was special for us though (planned for a while), as I got down on one knee & proposed to my lady up on Doneraile on the Sat evening. Thankfully the weather stayed clear for us. :D

So in many regards it was an unforgettable weekend, so thank you Waterford & thanks to all involved for hosting such a fantastic event.

Looking forward to next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Congrats!

Advertisement