Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Installation fee

• 11-07-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Got a UPC connection today for a house I ve just rented.

Asked for just TV and Broadband without the phone which I was told they would charge me €4 more a month unless I get the phone.
    Fine throw in the phone.

Then the installation fee jumped from €90 to €135 :confused: because we wanted to include the port in the main bedroom, which we will be paying an extra €5 a month. :eek:

This is when the **** hit the fan for me. After I had completed the order I was told I would be doing the installation myself and the courier would dropped the stuff off :mad:

I called the helpline and told them that as I have paid €135 for the installation, I want an engineer on site or my installation fee back.

Of course the courier will arrive and I ll just have to like it or lump it but is it not insane to charge a fee for somethng that the customer is going to do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

They're not installation fees, they're activation fees. 3*€45 for a modem and two digi boxes.

A tech install would be €60 on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

They're not installation fees, they're activation fees. 3*€45 for a modem and two digi boxes.

A tech install would be €60 on top of that.

Starnge how their website, Kristie in chat and Claire on the telephone all referred to them as installation fee's and when I asked Claire why we would pay €135 installtion fee to do the install ourselves she didn't have answer and said she'd have to call me back. :rolleyes:

Just got the text that the order will be delivered tomorrow.

Any idea whats actually involved in an activation that its cost €45?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Starnge how their website, Kristie in chat and Claire on the telephone all referred to them as installation fee's and when I asked Claire why we would pay €135 installtion fee to do the install ourselves she didn't have answer and said she'd have to call me back. :rolleyes:

Just got the text that the order will be delivered tomorrow.

Any idea whats actually involved in an activation that its cost €45?

activation fee is €30, activation + install costs €45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

It probably just means setting up your billing etc. Any once off charges are not that much in the long term, assuming you don't switch providers regularly.

Advertisement