Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Refund

Options
  • 11-07-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought two tickets for a festival which was cancelled at the weekend on my BOI student credit card. The tickets were bought on 03/06/2012.

The company today has since stated they have gone into administration, in which case, the chances of getting a refund are highly unlikely.

The card is linked to my Paypal account and this was the method used to buy the tickets.

Can BOI refund this money or do I need to open a dispute with Paypal?

The card I used also expired this week and I have received a new one. So my second question is, if I do get refunded the money, what will happen if they try and issue it to the card the tickets were purchased on, which is now out of date.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi BetterCallSaul.

Thanks for getting in touch.

As you have made the purchase through PayPal, you will need to get in touch with them firstly to dispute this transaction. They should be able to resolve this issue for you.

If PayPal are unable to resolve this for you, please send us all documentation of the transaction along with proof you have made contact with PayPal. These documents must be sent for the attention of Transaction Disputes Department, Credit Card Services, 2nd Floor, Operation Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

Once the transaction has been investigated and the refund has been approved, the funds can be sent to your credit card account, even though the card you used for payment has expired.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Thanks!

Advertisement