Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 11-07-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭

Friendly on Monday against Milwall for any of you that way inclined. Bray on Friday away, followed by a tough home game against Drogheda, Friday week.
    282793_334837566597696_600983979_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Great idea CSF :D

Looking forward to Bray away. My favourite away game plus the Bray Summerfest is on. We will have the local fun fair to celebrate a victory or a Coldplay tribute band to drown our sorrows after some dropped points :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We're actually narrow favourites for it which is a bit mental given how consistently inconsistent we've been. Fully expect to end up with a draw from a winning position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

This thread is long overdue. Good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Daly available and possibly heading to you, his ability and technique are outstanding. Cant win a header tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Daly available and possibly heading to you, his ability and technique are outstanding. Cant win a header tho.
    Won't suit Matthews so. I was thinking this when I saw it posted somewhere that he'd been released. Will he score goals? Can he play on his own up front? Is he a likely big earner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bayly was down in Tolka last Friday to chat with AM about signing. :(

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Bayly was down in Tolka last Friday to chat with AM about signing. :(
    I know he is meant to be a scummer, but is he any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm living near the ground, I'm off that day, sounds like an interesting match.

But since I never went to Tolka Park yet, which would be the best option? I don't fancy that much to be among the Millwall supporters ;)

CSF wrote: »

I would consider him bench material. If we want to get rid of all these red cards he's not the man to have around. He's a nasty piece of work on the pitch. I dont want him at the club.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I'm living near the ground, I'm off that day, sounds like an interesting match.

But since I never went to Tolka Park yet, which would be the best option? I don't fancy that much to be among the Millwall supporters ;)
    To be honest, I can't even remember whether we were segregated the last few years. The attendances for these are pretty poor, seeing as our fans don't care too much, and Milwall haven't much of a fanbase here. Crowd usually consists of our real hardcore who attend literally everything, their real hardcore who attend literally everything.

• Advertisement

I would consider him bench material. If we want to get rid of all these red cards he's not the man to have around. He's a nasty piece of work on the pitch. I dont want him at the club.
    I've only heard bad things about him, but none all that specific. What has he done?

I've only heard bad things about him, but none all that specific. What has he done?

Ive seen him play a few times. He is just nasty with some of his challenges. Very malicious, likes to leave his studs around.

To be honest, I can't even remember whether we were segregated the last few years. The attendances for these are pretty poor, seeing as our fans don't care too much, and Milwall haven't much of a fanbase here. Crowd usually consists of our real hardcore who attend literally everything, their real hardcore who attend literally everything.

Which answers my next question, if it is easy enough to get a ticket on the night ;)

Ive seen him play a few times. He is just nasty with some of his challenges. Very malicious, likes to leave his studs around.
    Will fit in pretty well with the rest of our squad so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No. When a good chance for a break is on, he turns back and gives it to the keeper. When nothing is on and what's best is to give it to the keeper or one of the defenders just to keep it, he hoofs it!

A terrible, terrible player!

Wouldn't want that dirtbird anywhere near Tolka. I don't mind a tough, physical player but this guy is just a filthy toe-rag. Remember him up in Santry a few years back trying to cripple half our team.

According to extratime, Bray actually have 2 centre backs suspended (the other for 4 yellows), with the other centre back going to England, we've actually no excuse now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

+ 1 nice one on thread CSF

Also agreed on Bayly, wouldn't like to see him at Shels at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bayley not a bad player when he's bothered. It's just that he rarely is bothered and he's a nutter.

Cronin still out for Bray and probably longer. Not good. Clancy and Ryan also unavailable but won't lose much sleep over that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Won't suit Matthews so. I was thinking this when I saw it posted somewhere that he'd been released. Will he score goals? Can he play on his own up front? Is he a likely big earner?

Nope and hahahhaha seriously nope. He doesnt actually have a positions, great in Europe tho. I always liked him.

Believe we are signing bayly tho him and D kelly reunited....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

dan1895 wrote: »
    This thread is long overdue. Good man!

yes good man csf long overdue..

anyone else on the shopping list?

Cronin still out for Bray and probably longer. Not good. Clancy and Ryan also unavailable but won't lose much sleep over that.

Whats wrong with Cronin?

Whats wrong with Cronin?
    Ankle injury, the one he came off with away to Derry

Just a question about the Millwall match. Are you allowed to take pics during the match of both sets of supporters? I have digicam, and some friends in Germany would be interested. Nothing serious, just some groundhopping. Thanks :)

Just a question about the Millwall match. Are you allowed to take pics during the match of both sets of supporters? I have digicam, and some friends in Germany would be interested. Nothing serious, just some groundhopping. Thanks :)
    You're allowed take pictures of whatever I want, as far as I know.

Really good win tonight to push us in the right direction up the table.

You're allowed take pictures of whatever I want, as far as I know.

Really good win tonight to push us in the right direction up the table.

Right so, thanks :)

I suppose, there's only one ticket office at the ground? The one on Richomnd Road? I'm always passing Tolka Park on the way into work, coming down Grace Park Road.

And which would be the best stand, in terms of atmosphere and taking some decent pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Right so, thanks :)

I suppose, there's only one ticket office at the ground? The one on Richomnd Road? I'm always passing Tolka Park on the way into work, coming down Grace Park Road.

And which would be the best stand, in terms of atmosphere and taking some decent pictures?

Only needs to be one ticket office, there's 2 hackets though. Yup that's it btw.

Atmosphere is the New Stand (behind the goal), it's where BD and the singing fans going. You'd get a good picture but it depends what type of picture you want.

With regards to the Millwall match, last time we played them we were segregated and dozens of guards on duty and about 10 Millwall fans showed, no hooligans just a few families. Sound bunch they were, I had the pleasure of selling them programmes.

Only needs to be one ticket office, there's 2 hackets though. Yup that's it btw.

Atmosphere is the New Stand (behind the goal), it's where BD and the singing fans going. You'd get a good picture but it depends what type of picture you want.

With regards to the Millwall match, last time we played them we were segregated and dozens of guards on duty and about 10 Millwall fans showed, no hooligans just a few families. Sound bunch they were, I had the pleasure of selling them programmes.

Let's say, everything which has to do with the supporters themselves, atmosphere, banners, flags, pyro-shows...don't know, how to translate it into English, in Germany it's called 'Kurvenintro' (something like 'displays on the stands'

• Advertisement

Let's say, everything which has to do with the supporters themselves, atmosphere, banners, flags, pyro-shows...don't know, how to translate it into English, in Germany it's called 'Kurvenintro' (something like 'displays on the stands'

Main Stand so (the one that has the ticket hackets). All the tifos, banners, etc... are in the New Stand/on the railings at the front. BTW you won't get any of that at a friendly match, nor will you see alot of pyro over here anymore, no clubs can really afford the fines expect Rovers it seems.

Main Stand so (the one that has the ticket hackets). All the tifos, banners, etc... are in the New Stand/on the railings at the front. BTW you won't get any of that at a friendly match, nor will you see alot of pyro over here anymore, no clubs can really afford the fines expect Rovers it seems.

Not even at a friendly match? That's a bit sad, as far as I remember, they have pyros to a certain extend in Germany, not during a league match, of course, but at friendlies, if both clubs agree and if nobody is harmed.

Anyway, the ticket itself is of some value already, didn't do any groundhopping for ages :rolleyes:

Not even at a friendly match? That's a bit sad, as far as I remember, they have pyros to a certain extend in Germany, not during a league match, of course, but at friendlies, if both clubs agree and if nobody is harmed.

Anyway, the ticket itself is of some value already, didn't do any groundhopping for ages :rolleyes:

Nope, FAI have taken a total grip on the League with regards to pyro, certain abusive chanting (RTE is f*cking **** chanting isn't allowed even), etc...

Nope, FAI have taken a total grip on the League with regards to pyro, certain abusive chanting (RTE is f*cking **** chanting isn't allowed even), etc...

I suppose, that needs a lot of creativity to beat that kind of censorship.

Like St.Pauli's supporters ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The last Shels - Millwall match I was at the attendance was way below 500, it's the middle of the LOI season, fans have little to no interest in seeing their reserves play a friendly against a small club from London. It was a bit different when we had a winter season as well but still wouldn't have had any displays or atmosphere, just a slightly bigger crowd.

I suppose, that needs a lot of creativity to beat that kind of censorship.

Like St.Pauli's supporters ;)

BD done this in 2009, it's directed at John Delaney, he was screwing Shels over left right and centre and fining us for singing songs about him. (Only took 3 more years for the whole League to realise he's a corrupt wa*ker).

v3nhpt.jpg
    ff8znp.jpg

And this if for this season! ;)
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/484207_10150975380903607_988164429_n.jpg

• Advertisement

That's that kind of pics. I'm looking to take :D

But can you please explain the meaning of the one in the link, please?

That's that kind of pics. I'm looking to take :D

But can you please explain the meaning of the one in the link, please?

FAIAB

You'll see all over Europe 1312 which is ACAB, so it's idea is off that.

FAIAB

You'll see all over Europe 1312 which is ACAB, so it's idea is off that.

That is the kind of banner, you would find at a friendly in Germany. A Bundesliga match, and it would be removed in a split second, but the security is not that tight at a friendly.

But a decent banner that is, fair play to who ever had the idea :cool:

To be honest, if its atmosphere and good fan visuals you're looking for, the game against Drogs on Friday will be better for you. Monday's friendly won't be much of an event.

To be honest, if its atmosphere and good fan visuals you're looking for, the game against Drogs on Friday will be better for you. Monday's friendly won't be much of an event.

That's a bit of a pity, I'm working next Friday :(

• Advertisement

UCD at home isn't far away. Milwall could be good like, just don't go judging a typical Shels game experience based on it. In my biased opinion the BD are probably the best ultra group in the league for banners and displays. Rovers fans can be good too. The other Dublin clubs not so much.

You sound like your coming down with something there, probably should take a couple of days off work soon.

You sound like your coming down with something there, probably should take a couple of days off work soon.

I have a bit of a cough alright, maybe I should go to the doc and get a cert ;)

Anyway, heard about the BD and their good reputation, didn't they have a banner against Shamrock Rovers for a supporter who passed away? Or do I mix up something there? Sorry, if I do.

I have a bit of a cough alright, maybe I should go to the doc and get a cert ;)

Anyway, heard about the BD and their good reputation, didn't they have a banner against Shamrock Rovers for a supporter who passed away? Or do I mix up something there? Sorry, if I do.
    Nope you're dead on, that was a few weeks ago. Lovely gesture by the lads. The display at our away game to Rovers was easily the best I've seen in this league, will track down a picture when I'm on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Just looking at fixtures there. the next games in Dublin which might have decent displays are:

Tues 17th: Rovers vs FK EKRANAS, Tallaght stadium, KO 8.00 ( 2nd round champions league qualifier) Should be a good home attendance but cant see many away fans traveling. rovers last year had some good displays in europe so would be worth checking out.

Friday 20th: Shels vs drogheda, Tolka, KO 8.00. If drogheda win today against pats they can go second so this game might have a half decent away crowd. So if you can get off work could be worth attending.

Thurs 26th: Pats vs Siroki Brijeg, Richmond, KO probably 7.30 or 8 (2nd leg, europa league qualifier) Pats arent usually great for displays but if they do well in the first leg they might make an effort for this game. I have no idea what the away support might be like.

Including Pats in there, would be a stretch of the imagination on any logic

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

just figured in a european game they might make an effort

7010599293_d152466b9b_z.jpg

7010599293_d152466b9b_z.jpg

Cool :cool:

Any news about the line ups for tomorrow night? Will both teams play with their current league squad or with some B-team?

Cool :cool:

Any news about the line ups for tomorrow night? Will both teams play with their current league squad or with some B-team?
    By and large, I'd say it'll be first team. But not for the full game with a big game on Friday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement