Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

CSF wrote: »
    By and large, I'd say it'll be first team. But not for the full game with a big game on Friday.

Understandable.

I'm still tending towards going to the match tomorrow night, as I said, I didn't do any groundhopping in ages ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Understandable.

I'm still tending towards going to the match tomorrow night, as I said, I didn't do any groundhopping in ages ;)
    Sure may aswell, I'm probably going to end up heading myself, even though I'd spent the whole week saying I wasn't arsed.

Ryan Brennan sent off for Drogheda today, thats great news for us having him out next week.

Just checked the Shel's website, so the ticket office is open in the afternoon? What's better? Getting a ticket in advance? or would it be early enough to be at the ground at 7:30ish?

Thinking about going to the New Stand, but would it be possible to go towards the main stand or the one right hand og the New Stand to take some pics of the New Stand, facing it?

Just checked the Shel's website, so the ticket office is open in the afternoon? What's better? Getting a ticket in advance? or would it be early enough to be at the ground at 7:30ish?

Thinking about going to the New Stand, but would it be possible to go towards the main stand or the one right hand og the New Stand to take some pics of the New Stand, facing it?
    You can get there whenever you want really. You'll have no problems with anything. You can sit wherever you want, and even if particular parts of the ground aren't open (because there won't be a need for them to be with the likely attendance), if you explain to a steward, you'll definitely be facilitated to take pictures of whatever you want.

You can get there whenever you want really. You'll have no problems with anything. You can sit wherever you want, and even if particular parts of the ground aren't open (because there won't be a need for them to be with the likely attendance), if you explain to a steward, you'll definitely be facilitated to take pictures of whatever you want.

Even on the substitute's bench? I think, I need some exercise :D

Ah well...if nobody comes up with negative points, I'll be there tomorrow night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

why not ask the stewards can you take a snap of the new stand from the corner of the pitch before kick off. but have to agree with the op friday would be better for you picture/crowd wise

why not ask the stewards can you take a snap of the new stand from the corner of the pitch before kick off. but have to agree with the op friday would be better for you picture/crowd wise

The main problem is, that I'm in work next Friday, nobody wants to swap shifts with me and I did call in sick already a few times this year...the weekend, Borussia Dortmund were crowned Champions in Germany, the day, Germany played Holland in EURO 2012...they might think, football is more important for me than work :D

But I'm living in walking distance, I can always come down to see a decent match.

Anyway, from a groundhopper's point of view, a match like tonight is worth a look at, that's my main reason. Photos are just of additional value, but a good memory ;)

The main problem is, that I'm in work next Friday, nobody wants to swap shifts with me and I did call in sick already a few times this year...the weekend, Borussia Dortmund were crowned Champions in Germany, the day, Germany played Holland in EURO 2012...they might think, football is more important for me than work :D

But I'm living in walking distance, I can always come down to see a decent match.

Anyway, from a groundhopper's point of view, a match like tonight is worth a look at, that's my main reason. Photos are just of additional value, but a good memory ;)
    Where have you been? Planning on bringing the little brother over to Dortmund for a game in January for his birthday.

• Advertisement

Where have you been? Planning on bringing the little brother over to Dortmund for a game in January for his birthday.

I have no clue. I'm here since 2004, only went to the Dublin Super Cup last year and to the Irland-Croatia friendly :(

Seriously, have to go back to the old groundhopping, I start missing that stuff.

Don't know, if you need some tips about Dortmund, let me know. PM...or if you are there tonight, I might be the only one, wearing a t shirt with 'Dortmund' printed on it :D

well if your not too far away we might see you down in tolka more often:D

well if your not too far away we might see you down in tolka more often:D

You never know ;)

But most fixtures are over the weekend, are they? Am usually working over the weekend :rolleyes:

By where have you been, I meant in terms of the groundhopping.

By where have you been, I meant in terms of the groundhopping.

I'm asking myself the same question in this very moment :confused:

You never know ;)

But most fixtures are over the weekend, are they? Am usually working over the weekend :rolleyes:

mostly friday nights

• Advertisement

mostly friday nights

...and I'm working 9/10 Fridays :(

I guess, I have to start requesting time off, whenever there's a decent match on, but it always needs a 4 week notice.

Ah well...I'm heading towards Tolka Park now, looking forward to it :)

...and I'm working 9/10 Fridays :(

I guess, I have to start requesting time off, whenever there's a decent match on, but it always needs a 4 week notice.

Ah well...I'm heading towards Tolka Park now, looking forward to it :)

put your employers to the sword, tell them supporting the real reds is your ethnic right or something and ask them about their equality policy :D

put your employers to the sword, tell them supporting the real reds is your ethnic right or something and ask them about their equality policy :D

That's a good idea, I might go for that :D

Anyway, had a good time in Tolka Park, I'm surely going back. Got some pics, I'll send them over to 'Stadionwelt.de'. Go to 'Fans', then 'International' should have them soon up.

And 3.80 for a pint? I thought, I was in heaven :D

Anyway, had a good time in Tolka Park, I'm surely going back. Got some pics, I'll send them over to 'Stadionwelt.de'. Go to 'Fans', then 'International' should have them soon up.

Glad you enjoyed it. Didn't make it along, but according to extratime there was approx 600 people there which certainly exceeded my expectations for the game.

Glad you enjoyed it. Didn't make it along, but according to extratime there was approx 600 people there which certainly exceeded my expectations for the game.

I was talking to the stewards and the stadium announcer (not sure, if that's his proper title though), they said, it was between 300 and 400. But never mind, I has a great time.

Whenever the lads in Stadionwelt.de have the pics up, I post a link :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

About 100 Millwall, 150ish Shels, 20 Stewards, 60+ (I kid you not) Gardai, 4 dogs, 2 horses and Robert Bayly.

born2bwild wrote: »
    About 100 Millwall, 150ish Shels, 20 Stewards, 60+ (I kid you not) Gardai, 4 dogs, 2 horses and Robert Bayly.
    Alot closer to my expectations. Aside from the Gardai. Have they done no research into the fact that Milwall have played here to peaceful empty houses for years now. Although perhaps they were there to keep an eye on Robert Bayly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Any good banter from the Wall fans tonight?

I guess they must have a few supporters from Dublin and surrounds as I can't imagine many would have come all the way from London for a friendly?

Any good banter from the Wall fans tonight?

I guess they must have a few supporters from Dublin and surrounds as I can't imagine many would have come all the way from London for a friendly?
    Ah you would get those who travel for a little break. I travelled over to Holland for a Shels pre-season before, and if we were to do something similar I'd probably travel again. Of course it'd be different if you were a fan of a Prem club who travel to about 4 different countries every pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I suppose, ideally, if the game was at the weekend you'd have a bigger crowd, and more Millwall fans making a weekend of it in Dublin.

I'm sure they enjoyed themselves nevertheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That's basically what I had to do when I moved shops! :cool:

Great to hear, did you get the 16 over? You're a Dublin 8 head aren't you?

BTW you don't know anything about Dutch football? That keeper that started for Shels tonight is some Dutch lad on trial.
    Ah you would get those who travel for a little break. I travelled over to Holland for a Shels pre-season before, and if we were to do something similar I'd probably travel again. Of course it'd be different if you were a fan of a Prem club who travel to about 4 different countries every pre-season.

The ones who travelled the last time were doing the whole trip of the Millwall matches over Ireland, nice bit of craic I'd say.

Note you travelled to Holland, but you didn't make the match did you? :D

BTW you don't know anything about Dutch football? That keeper that started for Shels tonight is some Dutch lad on trial.

The ones who travelled the last time were doing the whole trip of the Millwall matches over Ireland, nice bit of craic I'd say.

That's exactly it unfortunately

The '16 over'? What's that? That brain of mine is not working properly yet ;)

Anyway, I live off Collins Avenue, D9, but I'm working in D8.

And my knowledge about Dutch football is quite basic, went to a few matches with Borussia Dortmund and to FC Twente twice, but that's ages ago. So what was the GK's name? Maybe that would ring a bell.

The Millwall lads seem to be sound enough though, was talking to some of them in the bar. When it comes to the treatment of supporters, Germans and English have some things in common, tbh

Alot closer to my expectations. Aside from the Gardai. Have they done no research into the fact that Milwall have played here to peaceful empty houses for years now. Although perhaps they were there to keep an eye on Robert Bayly.

There was some 'intelligence' that up to 200 hardcore nutjobs were on their way over to kick the sh1t out of the fackin paddies.

Any Millwall I spoke to were sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The '16 over'? What's that? That brain of mine is not working properly yet ;)

Anyway, I live off Collins Avenue, D9, but I'm working in D8.

And my knowledge about Dutch football is quite basic, went to a few matches with Borussia Dortmund and to FC Twente twice, but that's ages ago. So what was the GK's name? Maybe that would ring a bell.

The 16 bus that goes from Leonards Corner to Drumcondra Rd! :D

Jeffrey Wijlan or something along them lines. Seems he's only about 20 though.
    There was some 'intelligence' that up to 200 hardcore nutjobs were on their way over to kick the sh1t out of the fackin paddies.

Any Millwall I spoke to were sound.

Same as the last time so. OTT.

• Advertisement

The 16 bus that goes from Leonards Corner to Drumcondra Rd! :D

Jeffrey Wijlan or something along them lines. Seems he's only about 20 though.

Same as the last time so. OTT.

Nope, I was just walking down Grace Park Road :D

And Jefferey Wijnen, so his name, is 21, he used to play with Excelsior Rotterdam, but apparently not in their starting XI, but with their Youth Academy.

7593755126_2405ab057d_b.jpg

and tosh:D
    T

did anyone get a look at him? ....any good?..........please be a junior van der sar or something i cant wait to replace that cabbage thats in goals at the moment

and tosh:D

did anyone get a look at him? ....any good?..........please be a junior van der sar or something i cant wait to replace that cabbage thats in goals at the moment

Well...he kept a clean sheet, and I remember him making at least one good safe. But I won't have any details handy, maybe I should have kept away from the bar ;)

Well...he kept a clean sheet, and I remember him making at least one good safe. But I won't have any details handy, maybe I should have kept away from the bar ;)

is it goundhopping or barhoping you do?:D

I think, the rules are to watch at least one half of the match, keep the ticket, take a few pics (one of yourself, if you are not having a banner, which identifies you)...and then you can enjoy yourself in the bar, or have a look for cute female cops, stewards, medical staff :D

I think, the rules are to watch at least one half of the match, keep the ticket, take a few pics (one of yourself, if you are not having a banner, which identifies you)...and then you can enjoy yourself in the bar, or have a look for cute female cops, stewards, medical staff :D
    I think you'd have to do a lot of looking in Tolka.

I think you'd have to do a lot of looking in Tolka.

My first impression tells me, I have to come back ;)

Unless they always have horses and dogs around, them animals can be a bit scary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Looking forward to our visit to tolka on friday . We should have a decent amount down as we doing well at the min . A hard one to call i reckon . We gave you a hiding the last time in utd pk but you are on a decent run since then . Drogs to win 3 2 :D

• Advertisement

Looking forward to our visit to tolka on friday . We should have a decent amount down as we doing well at the min . A hard one to call i reckon . We gave you a hiding the last time in utd pk but you are on a decent run since then . Drogs to win 3 2 :D

good to see a ew optimist still around:D

If we can avoid goalkeeping howlers I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight

ffs:mad:

If we can avoid goalkeeping howlers I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight

Yeah, well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

In an effort to stay positive, that was some f***ing goal we got. Can anyone remember a better worked goal being scored by the reds?

Just as quick reminder that RTE (in an effort to make up for being "f**king ****" ;)) are showing "In my book we should be ahead" a 1970's documentary on Shels tonight at 00:10

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    Just as quick reminder that RTE (in an effort to make up for being "f**king ****" ;)) are showing "In my book we should be ahead" a 1970's documentary on Shels tonight at 00:10

Is that a new documentary? Sounds interesting, but it's a bit late to watch for me. Maybe, I find it on Youtube anyway ;)

It was a pity nothing was done with that stadium in Irishtown. A great site with great potential.

Is that a new documentary? Sounds interesting, but it's a bit late to watch for me. Maybe, I find it on Youtube anyway ;)

Its available on the RTE Player now.

On another note, won't be able to the match against UCD, but I have the choice between Sligo and Derry. I won't get time off from work for both matches, but at least for one of them.
    So which one will be the best choice in terms of attendance and atmosphere?

On another note, won't be able to the match against UCD, but I have the choice between Sligo and Derry. I won't get time off from work for both matches, but at least for one of them.
    So which one will be the best choice in terms of attendance and atmosphere?
    I would say Sligo

• Advertisement
Advertisement