Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

CSF wrote: »
    I would say Sligo

Would have guessed the same, since Sligo are on top of the table, but I needed some expert's advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

IF, big If though, if Derry bring a decent crowd, the atmosphere they create in the Riverside is usually very good.

In my opinion only Shamrock beat an on form Derry crowd for atmosphere in Tolka Park.

Des wrote: »
    IF, big If though, if Derry bring a decent crowd, the atmosphere they create in the Riverside is usually very good.

In my opinion only Shamrock beat an on form Derry crowd for atmosphere in Tolka Park.

I think, I have to throw a dice then ;)

Anyway, was watching that documentary, quite interesting, I must say. Where exactly was that derelict ground? I guess, it's not there anymore, but someone smeared a swastika at the wall? Shocking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Irishtown. There's a neat little athletics stadium there now but its a pity nothing was ever made of it while the Reds were there as it was in a great location for us.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I think, I have to throw a dice then ;)

Anyway, was watching that documentary, quite interesting, I must say. Where exactly was that derelict ground? I guess, it's not there anymore, but someone smeared a swastika at the wall? Shocking :rolleyes:

I bet you didn't know that there was a shop called Swastika Laundry operating in Dublin from 1912 until the 1980s?

I bet you didn't know that there was a shop called Swastika Laundry operating in Dublin from 1912 until the 1980s?

I had no idea about that. Was just sending the link to the RTE player to a mate in Germany, and he couldn't believe to see something like that in Ireland ;)

Could see the "swastika emblazoned chimney" from my house growing up.

Just watching MMS there, don't know, but some unlucky goalkeeping and a joke of a red card, imo.

Hopefully, when I come back to Tolka for the Sligo..or was it Derry...match, I will see a decent win for Shels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dan1895 wrote: »
    Irishtown. There's a neat little athletics stadium there now but its a pity nothing was ever made of it while the Reds were there as it was in a great location for us.

Pity the Celtic Tiger legged it and our proposed stadium in Irishtown was scrapped!
    Just watching MMS there, don't know, but some unlucky goalkeeping and a joke of a red card, imo.

Hopefully, when I come back to Tolka for the Sligo..or was it Derry...match, I will see a decent win for Shels :)

Unlucky goalkeeping? Bennion is a sh1te keeper!

On which match to go to, definitely Sligo, Des was saying about Derry and it's atmosphere, they haven't brought a decent crowd to Tolka in years tbh!

Pity the Celtic Tiger legged it and our proposed stadium in Irishtown was scrapped!

Unlucky goalkeeping? Bennion is a sh1te keeper!

On which match to go to, definitely Sligo, Des was saying about Derry and it's atmosphere, they haven't brought a decent crowd to Tolka in years tbh!

I didn't want to offend that guy ;)

And still no news about that dutch guy? Hopefully, he will be in goal, when I'm in Tolka for the Sligo match :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

i take offence to that:D

You owe us a stadium!

You owe us a stadium!

But not in Irishtown, that's too far away from where I live. Am getting old, you know ;)

You owe us a stadium!

the amount of money ive spent on shels over the years is definitely worth at least a main stand:p

the amount of money ive spent on shels over the years is definitely worth at least a main stand:p

And the amount, I might spend in the future, especially in the bar, could be worth to sign that dutch goalkeeper on a permanent base...just if Bennion has more unlucky days ;)

And the amount, I might spend in the future, especially in the bar, could be worth to sign that dutch goalkeeper on a permanent base...just if Bennion has more unlucky days ;)

bring him on, like i said cant wait to get a good keeper

bring him on, like i said cant wait to get a good keeper

Reading between the lines, I should come down to Tolka more often and drink me head off in the bar? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I still think Deano should be our first choice until the end of the season at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can anyone on here play in goal? :(

• Advertisement

SantryRed is a brilliant goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can he give AM a shout?

It's gone well beyond a joke at this stage. :mad:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Can anyone on here play in goal? :(

I could. I was in goal for a few matches when I was young, and if that doesn't help, I can throw some scary looks at the opponent's striker or threaten him with Angela Merkel :D

But not in Irishtown, that's too far away from where I live. Am getting old, you know ;)

Irishtown is were Shels were founded 117 years ago! ;)

Tell me about it, 7 years of buying programmes, half time raffle tickets, pints, season tickets, jerseys, etc... :eek:

How much would Phoenix FC want for him though would be the stumbling block!

Tell me about it, 7 years of buying programmes, half time raffle tickets, pints, season tickets, jerseys, etc... :eek:

the jerseys, the t shirts,the scarves and the hats.................................

Irishtown is were Shels were founded 117 years ago! ;)

So I heard ;)

Just wondering, would you find the majority of Shels supporters in and around Irishtown or where they play their games now?

Stupid question, I know, but I am aware of the Northside/Southside divide, Irishtown is on the Southside, Tolka Park on the Northside.

• Advertisement

So I heard ;)

Just wondering, would you find the majority of Shels supporters in and around Irishtown or where they play their games now?

Stupid question, I know, but I am aware of the Northside/Southside divide, Irishtown is on the Southside, Tolka Park on the Northside.

I'd say there's only handfuls of people still around Irishtown/Ringsend who are actual match going Shels fans. Aside from Rovers I'd say we have the most spread out support, I'm from the Liberties, I know people from Crumlin, Drimnagh, The Coombe, Rathfarmham and probably a few other spots I can't remember then onto the Northside I know people who live in Santry, Artane, Raheny, Portmarknock, Balbriggin, Finglas, etc... Along with these they'd be a big support from around town, Pearse St and that area.

Many going to Cork on Friday? We've a full bus, not sure what Toshs numbers are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Many going to Cork on Friday? We've a full bus, not sure what Toshs numbers are like.
    Heading with Tosh, didn't ask how many he had though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Even if I was offered it I wouldn't play LOI again. It's a massive pain in the arse. I hope beyond all hope we get a new keeper in next season. Badly needed. Who was the Dutch bloke in goal against Millwall?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Even if I was offered it I wouldn't play LOI again. It's a massive pain in the arse. I hope beyond all hope we get a new keeper in next season. Badly needed. Who was the Dutch bloke in goal against Millwall?

His name is Jefferey Wijnen, used to play for Excelsior Rotterdam's youth academy.

• Advertisement

I'd say there's only handfuls of people still around Irishtown/Ringsend who are actual match going Shels fans. Aside from Rovers I'd say we have the most spread out support, I'm from the Liberties, I know people from Crumlin, Drimnagh, The Coombe, Rathfarmham and probably a few other spots I can't remember then onto the Northside I know people who live in Santry, Artane, Raheny, Portmarknock, Balbriggin, Finglas, etc... Along with these they'd be a big support from around town, Pearse St and that area.

Either I'm blind, or going to the wrong pub (Leonard's Corner), never met any Shels supporters down there, and I am working in that area (off Clanbrassil Street) since November 2008 :eek:

CSF wrote: »
    Heading with Tosh, didn't ask how many he had though.

He's a full bus!
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Who was the Dutch bloke in goal against Millwall?

Could be a Bayly type plan, he trains and plays a friendly with us but signs for another team.
    Either I'm blind, or going to the wrong pub (Leonard's Corner), never met any Shels supporters down there, and I am working in that area (off Clanbrassil Street) since November 2008 :eek:

I'd be always strolling around with my Shels jersey on, only yesterday afternoon I went from Donore Ave, up the SCR to Leonards Corner and down to Harolds Cross with a jersey on. Don't drink in the Corner myself, usually the Headline or if I'm going for one or two with the parents it's Francis McKennas.

He's a full bus!

Could be a Bayly type plan, he trains and plays a friendly with us but signs for another team.

I'd be always strolling around with my Shels jersey on, only yesterday afternoon I went from Donore Ave, up the SCR to Leonards Corner and down to Harolds Cross with a jersey on. Don't drink in the Corner myself, usually the Headline or if I'm going for one or two with the parents it's Francis McKennas.

I'm looking after a guy in a wheelchair workwise, he can't get into the Headline, that's why we are going to Leonards Corner ;)

I'm looking after a guy in a wheelchair workwise, he can't get into the Headline, that's why we are going to Leonards Corner ;)

yeah, I know.

so hes gone then is he?

so hes gone then is he?

signed for a non league outfit afaik

yeah, I know.

Which part exactly? I'm getting a bit nervous now ;)

And a website called 'voetballrotterdam' says, that Jeffery Wijnen will get a contract with Shels from January 2013 onwards.

And a website called 'voetballrotterdam' says, that Jeffery Wijnen will get a contract with Shels from January 2013 onwards.

I doubt it.

No team in Ireland would give a new player a contract from January, there would be no money coming in to pay them.

The majority of contracts are for one season.

signed for a non league outfit afaik

in ireland?

in ireland?

yeah, leinster senior I think

Gav will know when he gets back.

• Advertisement

I'm not fluent in Dutch, but from what I understand (the information was posted last Saturday) he was offered a contract with Shels from January 2013 onwards.

But maybe he refused the offer.

would it be possible they might have sent him out on loan til jan?

would it be possible they might have sent him out on loan til jan?

A load was not mentioned, but I think, that would be a mistake, unless Bennion picks up a decent form asap

I'm not fluent in Dutch, but from what I understand (the information was posted last Saturday) he was offered a contract with Shels from January 2013 onwards.

Still doesn't make it true though.

There's no way Shelbourne Football Club offered a player a contract from January, it would be seriously crazy financially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Baylys gone to Longford. I'd say their wage bill is very high.

yeah, leinster senior I think

Gav will know when he gets back.

Okay, let's wait for him to come back. My information is some days old ;)

i know we said we'd wait but cant help myself......:D

i was thinking along the lines of maybe they signed him up and loaned him out til jan to work on whatever and all this got lost in translation in that dutch paper

Was in work/after work pints, sorry about the late reply Des! Baylys gone to Longford as Paddy said!

Cork away in 13 hours! :cool: Should be a good crowd, Toshs bus full and our bus full!

Was in work/after work pints, sorry about the late reply Des! Baylys gone to Longford as Paddy said!

Cork away in 13 hours! :cool: Should be a good crowd, Toshs bus full and our bus full!

Enjoy the match, hopefully, you come back with three points :)

Maybe somebody has an update on the dutch goalie, before I come back from work,

• Advertisement

i reckon you'll be groundhopping over to tallaght in the near future lars, with hannover on the way?;)

Advertisement