Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

i reckon you'll be groundhopping over to tallaght in the near future lars, with hannover on the way?;)

Tallaght? Do you mean the match on September 7th? ;)

But I don't get the part with Hannover. Are they playing Pats in Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Tallaght? Do you mean the match on September 7th? ;)

But I don't get the part with Hannover. Are they playing Pats in Tallaght?
    Yep.

Des wrote: »
    Yep.

I guess, Richmond is not up to UEFA standard then?

btw...let's say, I would decide to go to the away match at Shamrock Rovers, would there be a bus going down there as well, or are there only buses to other cities?

No Richer isn't up to standard, unless you enjoy eating your own knees.

Probably be a Tosh Travel bus to Shamrock.

But the Luas stops pretty much outside the ground over there.

There wouldn't be a bus to Dalymount.

Great. Does he take German bar...erm...groundhoppers on board, who might end up as Shels supporters anyway? ;)

And, a bit more urgent, is there any possibilities to watch tonight's match?

• Advertisement

Great. Does he take German bar...erm...groundhoppers on board, who might end up as Shels supporters anyway? ;)
    He takes all comers, I think his number is in the program, or if not may be called out at matches.

Where have you been sitting? You could ask the announcer for his number, they would know each other and the announcer is sound.

[edit]

Actually, I've found an old article on the Shels Website with his number in it

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1785

it hasn't changed.
    And, a bit more urgent, is there any possibilities to watch tonight's match?
    doubt it, I don't know of any Corkies doing even audio commentary.

As usual, extratime.ie will have live matchtracker updates from the ground.

He takes all comers, I think his number is in the program, or if not may be called out at matches.

Where have you been sitting? You could ask the announcer for his number, they would know each other and the announcer is sound.

[edit]

Actually, I've found an old article on the Shels Website with his number in it

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1785

it hasn't changed.

doubt it, I don't know of any Corkies doing even audio commentary.

As usual, extratime.ie will have live matchtracker updates from the ground.

I don't get your point there...where was I sitting? :confused:

But thanks for the info with extratime.ie :)

I don't get your point there...where was I sitting? :confused:

you've been to Tolka for a match yeah? Where were you sitting.

you've been to Tolka for a match yeah? Where were you sitting.

*Facepalm*

I went to the Millwall match, that's right. I walked around in the first half, somewhere between the New Stand and the Main Stand, because I was taking some pics of both sets of supporters. The second half...well...did I mention already, that I like the Bar in Tolka? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Considering you work on Friday Lars, will you be going to Bohemians vs Shelbourne on Monday the 20th of August?

Only up the road from Tolka :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

yes just bring some german beer as a sweetner tosh loves that.
    Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Considering you work on Friday Lars, will you be going to Bohemians vs Shelbourne on Monday the 20th of August?

Only up the road from Tolka :-P

jaysus your really putting it out there over in dalyer sending out invites to the hannover fans and now trying to snatch our honorary new barhopper supporter fromunder our noses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

jaysus your really putting it out there over in dalyer sending out invites to the hannover fans and now trying to snatch our honorary new barhopper supporter fromunder our noses:D

Haha I know. Has to be done I suppose ;) we're hardly selling out these days!! And sure aren't the Germans a great bunch of lads

I see, what I can do. A decent German beer is hard to find these days, and I don't want to poison anyone with Becks Vier or that Bavarian wheat beer stuff ;)

The match in Dalymount is marked on the calendar already, but I have to see, if I'm working or not. Sometimes, my roster is like a lottery :confused:

I see, what I can do. A decent German beer is hard to find these days, and I don't want to poison anyone with Becks Vier or that Bavarian wheat beer stuff ;)

The match in Dalymount is marked on the calendar already, but I have to see, if I'm working or not. Sometimes, my roster is like a lottery :confused:

its like that famous song 'any dream german beer will do';)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tosh doesn't do the non-Pale buses, Murt does them! There's usually a deal for a bus and a pint afterwards.

As Des said, Red Line Luas stops 5 mins away (will be full of Shels fans) and there's a rack of buses which stop 2 mins away too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tosh doesn't do the non-Pale buses, Murt does them! There's usually a deal for a bus and a pint afterwards.

As Des said, Red Line Luas stops 5 mins away (will be full of Shels fans) and there's a rack of buses which stop 2 mins away too.
    Andy did the bus to Tallaght earlier in the season, the one I was on anyway.

CSF wrote: »
    Andy did the bus to Tallaght earlier in the season, the one I was on anyway.

Andy/Murt, same thing! :D

Andy/Murt, same thing! :D

is that murt the old bar manager?

Sounds promising so far with the match in Tallaght, but will the Shels supporters meet somewhere in town before going on the LUAS, in case there's no bus?

Just asking, because I went to a few derbies with Borussia Dortmund, usually the supporters meet somewhere and travel in a bulk, so to speak, most likely for safety reasons.

I'll be down in Tolka either against Sligo or Derry anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lars i meeting a few germans in town on thursday at opening time, if your about i can bring you to the game ;)

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    lars i meeting a few germans in town on thursday at opening time, if your about i can bring you to the game ;)

I thought, the game was on a Friday?

Seems like, the game attracts the German community in Dublin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I thought, the game was on a Friday?

Seems like, the game attracts the German community in Dublin :D

Dreamers means the Hannover match vs. St Pats which will be on Thursday.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wrong thread buddy.

is that murt the old bar manager?

Yup, he's packing it in next month and the younger lad with the black hair is taking it over.
    Sounds promising so far with the match in Tallaght, but will the Shels supporters meet somewhere in town before going on the LUAS, in case there's no bus?

Just asking, because I went to a few derbies with Borussia Dortmund, usually the supporters meet somewhere and travel in a bulk, so to speak, most likely for safety reasons.

I'll be down in Tolka either against Sligo or Derry anyway.

You'd usually get different groups of people meeting up and making their way out, there's a group of about 20-30 of us who have our own bus to away matches (separate to the official club supporters' ones) and we'd usually meet up before Dublin away trips too!

Generally you won't really get trouble before matches tbh (aside from a few Rovers lads wanting to fight us when we were queuing for tickets last time but the guards were well on top), it's always afterwards so that's when everyone sticks together.

Yup, he's packing it in next month and the younger lad with the black hair is taking it over.

the bar or the bus?

the bar or the bus?

The bar!

The bar!

I know him, is was annoying him with stories about Borussia Dortmund :D

You'd usually get different groups of people meeting up and making their way out, there's a group of about 20-30 of us who have our own bus to away matches (separate to the official club supporters' ones) and we'd usually meet up before Dublin away trips too!

Generally you won't really get trouble before matches tbh (aside from a few Rovers lads wanting to fight us when we were queuing for tickets last time but the guards were well on top), it's always afterwards so that's when everyone sticks together.

We might stay in contact about this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

John Sullivan has left the club

from twitter
    Just want to thank everyine involved in shelbourne fc for everythkng theyve done on and off the pitch for me. Thoroughly enjoyed my time With the club and wish the club all the best in the future.. Going to miss the players more than anything #bestosforever

Cant say i will miss him. He seems like a bit of a muppet.

• Advertisement

The bar!

oh yeah i forgot he was doing the bar again, i remember him from his time doing it years ago. must be about 15, 16 years ago. jaysus im gettin old:eek:

My boss must be a Shels supporter, got Friday 17th off, am definitely going to the match against Sligo :D

Hopefully you have some luck to bring us.

Hopefully you have some luck to bring us.

A 0:0 like against Millwall won't be enough, won't it? ;)

Anyway, should I get one Friday off every month, the next option will be the 7th of September, I heard, there's a match in Tallaght :D

A 0:0 like against Millwall won't be enough, won't it? ;)

Anyway, should I get one Friday off every month, the next option will be the 7th of September, I heard, there's a match in Tallaght :D

you should try and push for one friday every week;)

you should try and push for one friday every week;)

And if I don't bring any luck, as requested by CSF, I'll get a lifetime ban from Tolka Park? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

How'd that friendly finish up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

dan1895 wrote: »
    How'd that friendly finish up?

1-0 Shels, Paisley the goalscorer.

Just wondering, if I get a ticket for the New Stand next Friday, will I be able to go to the Bar for a drink during the match? Only saw soft drinks being served at the Millwall match ;)

I suppose, I should arrive a bit earlier at Tolka, might be a bigger crowd than the 750 or so last time out.

Just wondering, if I get a ticket for the New Stand next Friday, will I be able to go to the Bar for a drink during the match? Only saw soft drinks being served at the Millwall match ;)

I suppose, I should arrive a bit earlier at Tolka, might be a bigger crowd than the 750 or so last time out.
    You will, no problem at all.

Right, thanks. I see you there on Friday. Hopefully, I bring back the well deserved luck for Shels :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Right, thanks. I see you there on Friday. Hopefully, I bring back the well deserved luck for Shels :)

We'll need it. I'm a pessimistic Pete these last few days.

dan1895 wrote: »
    We'll need it. I'm a pessimistic Pete these last few days.

I only watched the so-called highlights of the UCD match on MMS. There was loads of missed chances, some dodgy referee decision against Shels. It can only get better :)

Missing the match on Friday due to work, feckin' college repeats are ruining my system! :mad:

Stop having to do repeats then. :)

Missing the match on Friday due to work, feckin' college repeats are ruining my system! :mad:

I know that feeling, believe me.

Until now, nobody called me in for work, but I'm not holding my breath. Strange things can happen...but I guess, if someone needs me this Friday, I will be in Tolka Park. Full stop :D

Stop having to do repeats then. :)

When was the last time you seen the inside of Tolka? ;)

Getting a bit nervous now, that will be my first proper League match in Tolka. Still don't know, where to go. The Main Stand or the New Stand...maybe I'll throw dices ;)

Getting a bit nervous now, that will be my first proper League match in Tolka. Still don't know, where to go. The Main Stand or the New Stand...maybe I'll throw dices ;)

You could go to both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Get yourself a battered sausage at Leo Burdocks while you are deciding, Lars :D

You could go to both.

One half each, maybe :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement