Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Get yourself a battered sausage at Leo Burdocks while you are deciding, Lars :D

Or a pint in the Bar? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Or a pint in the Bar? :D

Don't forget to throw any spare change into the "bucket" on the counter at the bar, trying to get enough money together to sponsor a match at the end of the month in the name of a big Shels fan who died of cancer earlier this year (it would have been his birthday)!

Don't forget to throw any spare change into the "bucket" on the counter at the bar, trying to get enough money together to sponsor a match at the end of the month in the name of a big Shels fan who died of cancer earlier this year (it would have been his birthday)!

That's another reason to go into the Bar, having a drink for a good cause :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Will we see you at the game tomorrow Lars? :)

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Will we see you at the game tomorrow Lars? :)

Won't be home in time from work, sorry about that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Is the bar always home fans only? Was surprised they wouldn't let us in on Friday.. Never seen a LOI club turn money away before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Plenty of Sligo fans in there before the game and at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Guess they didn't like the look of us! Stewards sent us away about 40 minutes before kick off. Said something about trouble at a game recently.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Guess they didn't like the look of us! Stewards sent us away about 40 minutes before kick off. Said something about trouble at a game recently.
    Must of been the game against UCD last week, running battle on the terraces for most of the first half!

Seriously though I have no idea of trouble in Tolka recently.

• Advertisement

Abysmal stuff last night and very negative atmosphere in the ground unsurprisingly. Fair bit of stick thrown at the management team at the end and completely justified.
    Apparently we're all deplorable people according to an interview with Matthews on Near fm. Think its time he parts company with the club as the players are obviously not bothered putting in the effort for him.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Abysmal stuff last night and very negative atmosphere in the ground unsurprisingly. Fair bit of stick thrown at the management team at the end and completely justified.
    Apparently we're all deplorable people according to an interview with Matthews on Near fm. Think its time he parts company with the club as the players are obviously not bothered putting in the effort for him.

A manager who says things like that, should get his marching orders straight away. Did he never hear about the fact, that supporters are essential to lift the spirit of a team? That they can be the 12th man?

546608_433958116645761_1238884_n.jpg

546608_433958116645761_1238884_n.jpg

The background in Shamrock Rovers colours? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The background in Shamrock Rovers colours? :eek:

He's a shamrock fan as well :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He had a funny way of showing it when he was at Longford..

Great background colours though:cool:

• Advertisement

He's a shamrock fan as well :mad:

That exists? Really? What's his opinion on Bohs then? Or Cork City?

He got the vote, fair play to him :D

And on another note...thanks, Shels. I'm in Dublin for 8 years today, what a night to celebrate this occasion that was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Philly Hughes had a great game tonight - he's had a few stinkers lately, so well done to him.

Absolutely great night in Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

First half we were fantastic, great hassling and pressing leading to a good goal, and then the sending off came from pretty much the same thing.

Second half we were fúcking brutal. All that determination gone, hoof, hoof, hoof.

I thought Casso was our best player tonight tbh.

What about the goal against though. Jokeshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

If bennion didn't call that paiso was well out of order. Wouldn't mind but he had had a good game up to that point. (bar the yellow for handball)

Buzzing for this draw tonight!!

Me too :)

Any idea, when the tickets for the final will be on sale?

In work myself, so going to have to get RTE Player opened on my phone, and watch the draw in the jacks.:D
    Me too :)

Any idea, when the tickets for the final will be on sale?

You mean the semi-final? :D Well the draw has to be made first and the match isn't going to be till the 7th October.

In work myself, so going to have to get RTE Player opened on my phone, and watch the draw in the jacks.:D

You mean the semi-final? :D Well the draw has to be made first and the match isn't going to be till the 7th October.

Nope, optimistic, as I am, I'm talking about the final :D

Lansdowne Road, it will be then? Thinking about going there with the guy, I'm looking after, but I guess, he has to go to the wheelchair section, whereas I want to be in the Shels End. Any ideas how to deal with that?

Nope, optimistic, as I am, I'm talking about the final :D

Lansdowne Road, it will be then? Thinking about going there with the guy, I'm looking after, but I guess, he has to go to the wheelchair section, whereas I want to be in the Shels End. Any ideas how to deal with that?

Hold your horses there Lars!

Hold your horses there Lars!

'Horses' like in Danedream? Who will win the Arc? ;)

But anyway, optimism made me come back to Tolka, and remember? 2:1 last Friday? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

ah well was hopin for a home draw in the semis:(

ah well was hopin for a home draw in the semis:(

I knew it, when they picked out Derry first :(

How big are the chances, the draw was flawed?

Definetly a fix.

We all knew it would be Derry away.

Did ya see your mans hand shakin when he pulled out the number 1.

They shudda got Paul Daniels in to do it. Would have been seamless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Dub XV wrote: »
    Definetly a fix.

We all knew it would be Derry away.

Did ya see your mans hand shakin when he pulled out the number 1.

They shudda got Paul Daniels in to do it. Would have been seamless.

yeah he was sh1ttin himself.... 'they're onto me, i just know it, and im on camera too, :eek::eek::eek:'

Christ we're going to have a relegation battle on our hands this coming season. Squad looks small and lacks any real quality although I'm sure there will be one or two players who surpass what's expected of them.

What are your thoughts and the next few months?

Christ we're going to have a relegation battle on our hands this coming season. Squad looks small and lacks any real quality although I'm sure there will be one or two players who surpass what's expected of them.

Alan Matthews is still in charge, is he? :rolleyes:

Yes :(

Yes :(

Well...Philly Hughes will save Shels from relegation then :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We are just making up the numbers this season. Any players that will come in will be the scraps of what everyone else didnt want. If you look at the teams that finished below us last season

UCD: A young team that is a year older. They only finished 4 points below us and we are weaker this season. All signs say that they will finish above us

Bray: Have made a huge signing in Gary Dempsey. A lot of decent young players that are a year older as well

Dundalk: A complete different prospect this season. New manager, new players, increased optimism.

We are in serious trouble this year.

We are just making up the numbers this season. Any players that will come in will be the scraps of what everyone else didnt want. If you look at the teams that finished below us last season

UCD: A young team that is a year older. They only finished 4 points below us and we are weaker this season. All signs say that they will finish above us

Bray: Have made a huge signing in Gary Dempsey. A lot of decent young players that are a year older as well

Dundalk: A complete different prospect this season. New manager, new players, increased optimism.

We are in serious trouble this year.

...and I'm still looking forward going back to Tolka :rolleyes:

Well...it needs an awful lot more than Alan Mattews to scare me away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Our board really do have alot to answer for.

The scarier thing is, pre-season training starts next weekend and aside from few players confirmed and the 5 or so people who have signed but not been announced yet there are NOT any other players close to signing according to a player.

My hope for the season is we avoid relegation, aside from that I'm hoping The 1895 Trust gets going as we're expecting it to!

• Advertisement

The scarier thing is, pre-season training starts next weekend and aside from few players confirmed and the 5 or so people who have signed but not been announced yet there are NOT any other players close to signing according to a player.

My hope for the season is we avoid relegation, aside from that I'm hoping The 1895 Trust gets going as we're expecting it to!

Was on the Shels website earlier for the first time in a while and it was very difficult to find news on our first team signings but there was lots of info on the fixtures for the under 19's. Lets be honest, its great to hear about the youth teams and to see them do well but most of us are interested in whats going on with the first team.

Also I'm hearing rumours that Robert Bayley has signed for us? Please don't let this be true.

Was on the Shels website earlier for the first time in a while and it was very difficult to find news on our first team signings but there was lots of info on the fixtures for the under 19's. Lets be honest, its great to hear about the youth teams and to see them do well but most of us are interested in whats going on with the first team.

Also I'm hearing rumours that Robert Bayley has signed for us? Please don't let this be true.

Bayly, Ryan, Shortall, Burdon and Hanley were the 5 signed but not confirmed players I was on about.

Why wouldn't they be confirmed. Strange, strange club.

Bayly, Ryan, Shortall, Burdon and Hanley were the 5 signed but not confirmed players I was on about.

I thought, Philly Hughes was confirmed as well? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I thought, Philly Hughes was confirmed as well? :(

he is, the five above are signed, but the club has not confirmed it.

he is, the five above are signed, but the club has not confirmed it.

Good, so post number 4666 of mine was not in vain ;)

Maybe, the club's website is just not up-to-date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still a fair few players unsigned, few good ones too.

Would like you to be relegated tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Would like you to be relegated tho :D

Won't matter, we'll still be champions again before you lot win the cup.

Cab2000 won't be sponsoring again.

Dub XV wrote: »
    Cab2000 won't be sponsoring again.

Where'd you here this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Won't matter, we'll still be champions again before you lot win the cup.

We wont win the cup, looking forward to the new season tho :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement