Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

also done. i also think this is something that needs to be done on a more regular basis to keep up to date with what fans expect/want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'd say there's going to be all kinds of "hilarious" numpties replying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Just out of curiosity, any posters here recall the Rangers euro matches, one being played at Prenton Park back in the 90's.

Just wondered if anyone went to either game and what the atmosphere was like, ie; was there major hassle or hostility or loads of Celtic fan interlopers in the Shels crowd or Nordies of a Rangers persuasion turning up.

dd972 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, any posters here recall the Rangers euro matches, one being played at Prenton Park back in the 90's.

Just wondered if anyone went to either game and what the atmosphere was like, ie; was there major hassle or hostility or loads of Celtic fan interlopers in the Shels crowd or Nordies of a Rangers persuasion turning up.

i went to the 'home game' at prenton pk. they had it planned so the fans wouldnt mix at all so shels fans spent the day in rhyl in wales, we found a great boozer rosie o gradys and spent most the day there garglin and playin pool. when we got to the surrounding area of the ground we were held back as some rangers fans were still outside the ground. after waiting too long and getting a royal pain in our bollix we decided fvck this we're going in, and going through a few huns if we had to. eventually got into the ground just as the first goal was scored. great atmosphere, despite attempts by stewards and police. kept back after mc carthy fvcked things up and had more gargle put on in the club bar at tranmere. all in all great day out

special mention for pat morley, blessing himself to the rangers fans after the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Gareth O'Connor signed for us according to the daily mail today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dan1895 wrote: »
    Gareth O'Connor signed for us according to the daily mail today.

Is he not ****e?

CSF wrote: »
    Is he not ****e?

Probably if we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

John Paul Kelly on trial too. Jonny Mac was in touch with an ex-Red too, not Giller unfortunately!

Coaching staff were announced in the Daily Mail too, Mick Byrne as assistant and Charlie Tierney goalkeeping coach. Kev Doherty is back to first team coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

John Paul Kelly on trial too. Jonny Mac was in touch with an ex-Red too, not Giller unfortunately!

Coaching staff were announced in the Daily Mail too, Mick Byrne as assistant and Charlie Tierney goalkeeping coach. Kev Doherty is back to first team coach.
    Christ there's a name I haven't seen for a while what a waste of talent.

• Advertisement

2-1 win in the lsc against UCD. Good for confidence if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

2-1 win in the lsc against UCD. Good for confidence if nothing else.

Looks largely a second string UCD side though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

SantryRed wrote: »

Their decent players must be on their mid term break :D

Second competitive win a row, not bad at all. I think, the second goal was a good one indeed :)

Now I'm just wondering about the attendance? Around 150, including stewards, cops and other staff?

SantryRed wrote: »

True but we'd be in a bad way if we lost.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Christ there's a name I haven't seen for a while what a waste of talent.

Plays with Donore FC in the LSL.
    Lars1916 wrote: »

Now I'm just wondering about the attendance? Around 150, including stewards, cops and other staff?

Talking to Niall (Extratime.ie) after the match, he said it was 140.

Garreth O'Connor has signed (on pennies), Derek Doyle and Brian Gartland are both training with us along with another striker supposedly who played with Portsmouth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Garreth O'Connor has signed (on pennies), Derek Doyle and Brian Gartland are both training with us along with another striker supposedly who played with Portsmouth!

Carl Walshe? Don't think he ever made it to the senior team but he was highly rated at the time!

Garreth O'Connor is a bit meh. He signed for us last year but din't play once. Perhaps you need him more this year than we did last year. Derek Doyle... was he the left winger with pats? Good player and I've been impressed with Gartland anytime I've seen him play! I really think they'd all be good additions.

Bohs has about a dozen trialists up but all from the LSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shels get a bit of worldwide attention from the Superbowl winning Baltimore Ravens

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Similarity-In-All-Fans---Wherever-In-The-World/f967b9ff-3a69-4a87-ab2a-988f653f3ffc

Nice article with lots of pics :)

Isn't often a LOI club gets an article all to themselves on an NFL franchises website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mikemac1 wrote: »

Isn't often a LOI club gets an article all to themselves on an NFL franchises website

I'd be pretty confident it's the one and only time that a LOI club will ever be on a NFL site :pac:

Great read though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Shels get a bit of worldwide attention from the Superbowl winning Baltimore Ravens

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Similarity-In-All-Fans---Wherever-In-The-World/f967b9ff-3a69-4a87-ab2a-988f653f3ffc

Nice article with lots of pics :)

Great article. Nice to see a tourist enjoying local sport.

'i wore a ravens superbowl cap to see if it stirred a reaction' :D:D pmsl who the fvck are the ravens? :D:D

• Advertisement

Massive run of games coming up over the next few weeks starting tomorrow night against Cork.

Massive run of games coming up over the next few weeks starting tomorrow night against Cork.

Praying Setanta show our match versus UCD as I'll be away for it, they haven't set a match they're showing Live but they are showing one so there's hope, otherwise I'll be glued to a laptop screen with Bet365 open and extratime.ie!

About a month ago in work I found an i-pod and handed it in to lost property. Last week I got a call saying it has not been claimed and it is now mine. I brought it home, charged it up and low and behold there's a Shels crest as a screensaver. So if anyone is missing their i-pod PM me and if you can prove it's yours and give me enough details I'll arrange to get it back to you asap.

Well this thread has been forgotten about or is there a new one I haven't seen yet?

Anyway, new season bump with a confirmation of our 28 man squad for the coming year.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2741

Also the club website is soon to undergo a much needed facelift which is something to be positive about I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Shels only 3rd favourite for promotion. That's all we can expect, I suppose :rolleyes:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/league-of-ireland-division-1

But still, I'm looking forward to the new season :D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Shels only 3rd favourite for promotion. That's all we can expect, I suppose :rolleyes:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/league-of-ireland-division-1

But still, I'm looking forward to the new season :D

I'll take a playoff place right now.

Just found out that Eric Barber, scorer of 126 goals for Shels, has passed away. May he Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Just found out that Eric Barber, scorer of 126 goals for Shels, has passed away. May he Rest in Peace.

Just looking him up on wikipedia, he had some career playing in England, USA and with Wiener Sportsclub in Austria. Must be the only Irish player to ever join a team in Austria. May he Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

RIP Eric .. My Da always talked about him being a great player .. saw him a few times down in Tolka too.

Advertisement