Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Skerries

Options
  • 11-07-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I know there has been threads posted before about this.

My wife is having her last Chemo session on Monday and to celebrate we want to go out for a nice meal. We dont get out much and the kids are with the Grandparents for the night.

Just want to know of some where special we could go for a meal (doesn't have to be skerries)

It's been a long six months and we deserve it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Treat yourself to The Redbank.
    Enjoy your night & sincerest best wishes to your wife.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

+1 for Red Bank
    All the best to your wife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It is good, but just to mention I was there recently during the week and it was a little dead/empty, I'm sure it is a bit busier Friday/Saturday, and I suspose the bonus was that we were very well attended to by Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

All the best to your wife.

The Windmill is a good spot aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

sgarvan wrote: »
    All the best to your wife.

The Windmill is a good spot aswell.

Had a nightout in Skerries last month, anniversary, tried the Windmill, but needed a booking, place next door, on the left, ( don't know the name) was great, lovely food, nice bottle of wine, good service, and very reasonable, Try it, have a good evening and best wishes to your wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

martinn123 wrote: »
    Had a nightout in Skerries last month, anniversary, tried the Windmill, but needed a booking, place next door, on the left, ( don't know the name) was great, lovely food, nice bottle of wine, good service, and very reasonable, Try it, have a good evening and best wishes to your wife.

Ollie's Place is next door to the Windmill and the food comes from the same kitchen and chef as the Windmill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Blue bar - Place is more casual dinning, but great spot, great atmosphere and food is A+++++

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I think for an occasion such as this the Red Bank is the best.

Formal/Fine dining has its place and if celebrating this occassion doesn't merit it then God knows what does.

Well done to you and your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

You've loads of suggestions for Skerries so I'm going to suggest something else.:D

I'd highly recommend the Eastern Seaboard Bar and Grill in Drogheda. You could get the train up (the walk is about 10 mins from the train station) and then get a taxi home. You absolutely have to book it though - it is very popular.

http://www.easternseaboard.ie/

Great food, great atmosphere and the service is excellent.

Well done to your wife - continued good wishes for her health. Enjoy your night whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Thanks for all your replies. We decided to go to the Windmill Steakhouse in the end and it was unreal.

The setting was intimate and nice.
    The food was amazing.
    And the service was great.

We will definitely be going back there again.

The chowder was out of this world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. We decided to go to the Windmill Steakhouse in the end and it was unreal.

The food was amazing.

So glad you had a lovely lovely evening.

Best wishes to you and your wife for the future, and well done getting this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daisymay2007

JohnnieK wrote: »

The food was amazing.

Great, glad you got sorted. FYI - Stoop your head in Skerries is also a lovely spot, can get very busy but food is really, really good.

Advertisement