Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Dogs Dream? - Stanley Coren

• 11-07-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I came across this geezer today on Newstalk, a Stanley Coren .He has written tons of books on dog behaviour but I have never heard of him. I had a bit of a google :D though and he sounds like a throughly respectable chap :D.
    Has anybody heard of him or read his books?.
    Probably everybody has and I'm the only one not in the know :).
    Do Dogs Dream is the title of his latest book.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh, I think so!

Mine does funny little growls and yips, gnashes his teeth. Occasionally, he'll bark so loudly he wakes himself up! Then we get the accusatory stares as if it's our fault for him waking up!! :D

It's really funny to watch and hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Salt001 wrote: »
    I came across this geezer today on Newstalk, a Stanley Coren .He has written tons of books on dog behaviour but I have never heard of him. I had a bit of a google :D though and he sounds like a throughly respectable chap :D.
    Has anybody heard of him or read his books?.
    Probably everybody has and I'm the only one not in the know :).

I've never heard of him, what show was he on I would be interested in hearing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

defintily, my one runs and growls and does little 'yip' barks in her sleep all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I've never heard of him, what show was he on I would be interested in hearing it.

He was on Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk just before 3 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thanks will give that a listen later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I read one of his books a while back and thought it was good, made sense anyways from what I can remember of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

my shih tzu max is always barking or howling in his sleep his legs also do be running lol its so funny

my other dog fedor just stares at him and tries to wake him up by hitting him in the face with his paw so cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Yes they do. They have done experiments where they blocked the chemical that paralyses you when you sleep and found the dog was running in his/her dreams. They also analysed brainwaves and found a lot of activity while the dog slept. I think they showed it on the PBS Nov What are Dreams documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

Mine do, it's so funny looking, one of them moves his legs in a running motion while lying on his side and the jacker yips and snarls then wakes up looking all embarassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

Raging I missed that, he's my favourite canine author. I've read most of his books and enjoyed every one of them. Have been waiting for the new book to come out
    > off to Amazon I go;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

It seemed people were just reading the thread title and not the first post :p

Advertisement