Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What annoys you most about boards.ie?

• 11-07-2012 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I hate this stupid face ;) people always use it in the most annoying condescending way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I hate when people jump on an OP just because the thread was already done not long before.

By the way OP, this thread was already done recently, FFS!!

Oh, and rolleyes is the worst smiley.

crap threads mostly.

:rolleyes:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Snobby bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

I also hate when people jump down new posters throat because they havent had time to go through the 100's of threads on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yore Ma.

(Hate it. Not a remotely funny joke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Sky King wrote: »
    Yore Ma.

(Hate it. Not a remotely funny joke)

Uh oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Boards.....it's not the worst tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

The Blast them with piss joke is not the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I said I hate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

People who's main sources of news are either the Joe Duffy show or the Herald posting hysterically in threads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The trolls. They're generally of such a low trolling calibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

***** that reply with first world problems. **** off. I've every right to be angry at things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Whoopsadaisydoodle breaking every page with every post :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Sky King wrote: »
    I said I hate it!

Maybe you should have said nazi mods who let their "power" go to their heads?
    or how about people who post a stupid reply or email a mod to rat on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

People who's main sources of news are either the Joe Duffy show or the Herald posting hysterically in threads!

Merry christmas to you too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Those posts or threads that are so daft or logically flawed that they make you have to facepalm, and lose a bit of hope for humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

yore wrote: »
    Maybe you should have said nazi mods who let their "power" go to their heads?
    or how about people who post a stupid reply or email a mod to rat on you?

Nice try.
    Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Boards is usually fine, its AH that annoys me the most, specifically people being wrong and not listening when I helpfully explain to them how to be right... people who disagree with my opinions essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

LordSmeg wrote: »

She's making her presence be felt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

What annoys me most about boards is the condescending, put downs,snobbery,class wars and general **** acting that you all do and only for me the boards.ie forum would be nothing.

• Advertisement

LordSmeg wrote: »

oh hai o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's a terrible place for the high horse brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

She's making her presence be felt :D

She will charge in any moment now.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    The trolls. They're generally of such a low trolling calibre.

they used to be funny, now they're piss poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

oh hai o/
    hondasam wrote: »
    She will charge in any moment now.:p

Did you just push me out of the way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I hate it when a mod says something and then lots of lick arses thank the post just because it was a mod that said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

One click modding without reading the context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I hate when people mistake boards for a chatroom.
    Oh, and the new skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It's a terrible place for the high horse brigade.

Mine is 17hh......impressive! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Hate this:

Feeling like I warped back in time and feeling like the forum is run by a 1998 webmaster.
    Yea, I know we have a new shiney skin, but make it the default already!

We have put up with this default skin for too long.

We have put up with this default skin for too long.

What, since January?

People who complain about thanks.

People who obnoxiously use :rolleyes:.

People who start threads entitled "Why was my thread locked?" or "Is Facebook down for everybody else?"

People with stupid opinions who confuse being disagreed with or being corrected with "ganging up." Such people tend to imagine cliques and people being on high horses when they're only correcting them. They tend to be unable to argue or accept criticism.

Whenever I write a stupid post.

Whenever I'm condascending towards someone.* *they usually deserve it

Threads that assume everyone lives in Dubalin.

As already mentioned, the rubbish trolls, especially the really rubbish ones who give up so easily and close their accounts after about ten posts.

Even worse are the people who look like trolls but actually seem to have convinced themselves that they actually believe the vile nonsense they spout.

Threads with lots of embedded youtube videos that make me worry my computer's going to explode.

Controversial threads that get locked while I'm in the middle of typing out a really long post. *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

The way you can't resurrect old threads, yet you also can't post a similar one. What do you do in that situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

AH has gone way too high brow over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The flirting in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    The way you can't resurrect old threads, yet you also can't post a similar one. What do you do in that situation?

Yeah, that bugs me too. I've seen some mods close threads that are 6 months old, even though starting a brand new thread to discuss the subject would be meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Snobby bastards

*drops monicle in disgust*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When a thread on AH could generate some decent discussion or be funny and the first few replies are of the "yore ma/pissblasting/not another one of these" replies without adding fcuk all to the topic, funny first post answers are great, put in the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Annoying posters who think everybody else has issues when in fact its them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I hate people in general, smelly noisy creatures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Posters who think they gain 1000 internets by replying to a good thread in one-line sentences

Or anyone who is scared to invest too much time writing a lengthy reply because they're not getting paid for their literary skills, and feel their talent is wasted. 1000 Internets is only gained by contributing insightful thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

MadsL wrote: »
    One click modding without reading the context.

Yeah seriously, the quality of modding on this site is atrocious in places. I've seen them stomp about over everything and anything, almost on a total whim. Some threads are threatened with infractions and locks for making tiny deviations. I recall another thread where four or five posters got threatened with bans because they challenged the mods over why they were making their presence felt when it was totally unnecessary.

It really spoils reading the forums at times and makes me less inclined to post, as it's not worth the agro :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I don't like how it never lets me do any work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Threads that assume everyone lives in Dublin.

But if you don't leave in Dublin, how do access the internet in the savage wastelands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Yeah seriously, the quality of modding on this site is atrocious in places. I've seen them stomp about over everything and anything, almost on a total whim. Some threads are threatened with infractions and locks for making tiny deviations. I recall another thread where four or five posters got threatened with bans because they challenged the mods over why they were making their presence felt when it was totally unnecessary.

It really spoils reading the forums at times and makes me less inclined to post, as it's not worth the agro :(

This place is a lot, lot better than one site I visit. Here you get a fair chance. Other places, you don't. As for the point you made about challenging the mods, yeah, so? It's against the rules, PM them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

oh hai o/

Could you possibly change your username to Whoopsy?:confused:

:p

But if you don't leave in Dublin, how do access the internet in the savage wastelands?

I had to go up once to get my passport. While there, I tied a piece of string to to a mobile broadband dongle, and spooled it out from the back of the cart on the way home.

It's a bit slow, but I get the important stuff along the line in dribs and drabs.
    I finally finished downloading my first LOLCAT.

I don't get it.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Could you possibly change your username to Whoopsy?:confused:

I did think about it, and after I became a mod it got even bigger, and apparently with the new skin it's even worse (I'm still on the old beta skin), but I mentioned changing it a few times and there were more boardsies against me changing it than for me changing it, so it's stayed the same. I may reconsider soon though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The constant dole bashing threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Generally I like boards, I suppose my only pet hate is people who feel the needs to trawl through the site looking for posts with spelling or grammar mistakes and post condescending posts about this.

Apart from that nothing really annoys me on here. I love boards!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement