Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What annoys you most about boards.ie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Nailz wrote: »
    People who don't use proper grammar in their posts, annoys me to no end.

And in conjunction with that; the rule against ‘Grammar Nazi's’ on After Hours, it is a ridiculous rule, who's going to tell these people to cop on and use proper sentences and words if we ban it? It's just inviting anarchy!

Just thinking about it, text speak is a no-no on here (thank fup says I), but yet the Grammar Nazis are stamped out?

For some people, reading a poorly constructed sentence (syntax, spelling, grammar, etc.) is just as difficult as reading text speak. It might have more vowels in it, but it still makes bugger all sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Or FlirTar.. *shudders*

OT but you know there's a guy going around called Bad Panda ? I confused him with you today and said to myself "Jesus I had this panda chap all wrong, cant believe I thought he was alright".

Is he your evil twin ? Isnt it annoying (to bring it back on topic) when you have an evil twin going round ruining your good name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Dislike anyone who complains about the ADs in the bottom right corner, but hasn't installed Adblock.

Dislike threads created seconds after any major news event in the expectation the thread will become epic.

The thread usually does become epic, but then quickly descends into an off-topic rant about The God Particle, or what really happened on 911.

Or worse, people bring up their favorite childhood sweet, and want it back on the shelves. (This happens in many off-topic situations and it has to stop).

And not forgetting the very common Youtube link post, where the poster has uploaded this video himself (but nobody is the wiser), in the hope of getting more views.

Another subtle, and sly spam tactic that has to stop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

People who are easily offended and get annoyed with you for expressing an opinion, as if it were a personal insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

People who just have to get the last word in on a topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The way everyone says that instead of posting in an old thread you should start a new one. Then you get slated for re doing a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I just don't get thanked enough and my posts are all brilliant.:(:(

Colmustard wrote: »
    I just don't get thanked enough and my posts are all brilliant.:(:(

Try posting shíte and see if that helps. Seems to work for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People closing their accounts. Don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The "unpopular Opinions" thread annoys me most. People don't grasp the fact that you aren't supposed to agree with the opinions and they try and tell you why your opinion is completely wrong.

I also hate the rolleyes emoticon when it's used in certain places. Like when someone quotes your post and all they write underneath is; :rolleyes:
    How annoying.

Also, the "thinly veiled" joke is as funny as kid cancer. I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I hate the way a thread always starts off topic with puns and jokes for the first 10 replies or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I hate the way a thread always starts off topic with puns and jokes for the first 10 replies or so.

I think thats the best part, puntastic.

I think thats the best part, puntastic.
    But puns are only punny for so long. After reading pun or two threads it's lost it's appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I hate the fact there is a large amount of poster on board who have no sense of humour whatsover and take everything seriously.

The agenda posters who post constantly about one topic or try and steer threads towards that topic i.e republican posters, atheist posters etc

And most importantly this **** ->:rolleyes:

I hate the fact there is a large amount of poster on board who have no sense of humour whatsover and take everything seriously.

The agenda posters who post constantly about one topic or try and steer threads towards that topic i.e republican posters, atheist posters etc

And most importantly this **** ->:rolleyes:
    You're out of order saying that tbh. What gives you the right to judge people with one sweeping statement. You don't know me.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

People who go mental at mods for being crazy power hungry nazis and when you look at why they got banned it was for calling someone a c*nt or something as obviously against the rules as that.

Oh wait... that amuses me not annoys me.

What annoys me most...?

Gay Marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    People who go mental at mods for being crazy power hungry nazis and when you look at why they got banned it was for calling someone a c*nt or something as obviously against the rules as that.

Oh wait... that amuses me not annoys me.

What annoys me most...?

Gay Marriage.

Ah sure that gay marriage is nothing but shite anyway you cunt :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hate the way its boards.ie and not boards.co.uk

/westbrit

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

I hate the way people dont take me seriously and i am probaly the most serious poster on here

I hate the way all the female boardies (and some a the males) keep sending me picture of themselves in the nip. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You know that scene in Jaws where Quint/Robert Shaw drags his nails down a blackboard?

I am not a grammer Nazi in general. Lord knows, my own is far from perfect, but posters who say loose when they mean lose and vice versa is like that Jaws scene for me.

So to recap folks, when your favourite sports team come out on the wrong end of the score, they lose, they do NOT loose. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER !!!!

When you can not find something, you lose it. When something needs to be tightened that is because it is loose, not because it is lose.

Need I go on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

The "unpopular Opinions" thread annoys me most. People don't grasp the fact that you aren't supposed to agree with the opinions and they try and tell you why your opinion is completely wrong.
    Boards.ie is a discussion forum, man. If people want a space to air their sterile rants without fear of rebuttal or criticism, they could set up a blog and fill it with tedious list-based pieces like "10 things that really grind my gears" and "7 topics everyone in the world except me is wrong about."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hate the way all the female boardies (and some a the males) keep sending me picture of themselves in the nip. :(

Share pics with panda? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Posters signing off their post with their name :(

Yours,
    Cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The way everytime someone posts a legitimate complaint about something you get the same three comments.

1. 'Tis terrible, Joe
    2. Have you nothing better to do/have you no life
    3. Whatabouty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I am not a grammer Nazi in general.

Oh dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

It annoys me when people drag up previous posts that are remotely contradicting the post to which you are replying... get a life.

You told me you would be my pimp?!

I thought that was just part of the auditioning process... :o

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Boards.ie AH for rows that we call discussions .Many are not articulate enough .

Share pics with panda? :pac:
    We want Panda to mate with other Panda, not boardsie. You're dying out :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

Not sure if its been mentioned but I REALLY hate when someone starts a topic complaining about someone like their housemate doing something really weird and someone always comments back the entire first post as if they are the housemate and this always gets thanks?

Its not funny and its certainly not original

1ZRed wrote: »
    You told me you would be my pimp?!

I thought that was just part of the auditioning process... :o
    Bitch please. You're still my number one gay ho:)

Actually I have a question for you...
    How much would I have to pay you to sleep with Mila Kunis?

Not sure if its been mentioned but I REALLY hate when someone starts a topic complaining about someone like their housemate doing something really weird and someone always comments back the entire first post as if they are the housemate and this always gets thanks?

Its not funny and its certainly not original
    Ah come on now, if someone puts a bit of thought into it, it's usually fanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

When an OP asks a genuine question and people dont take it seriously or they say the OP is trolling! not everyone is a Troll!!!! please give people a chance before posting snide remarks.... the exception of this of course is AH section then snide remarks should never be taken seriously:P

What I love about boards is some of the genuine people who will help you any way they can :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been said but it wrecks my head when a poster asks for advice/opinions and then they go into attack mode if someone gives a fair opinion that they don't like.

Private jokes in threads wrecks my head too.

Clicks. What's the point in going into an open thread & only ever talking to the same 4/5 people?

It's Cliques.

I hate people and boards people in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Amzie wrote: »
    When an OP asks a genuine question and people dont take it seriously or they say the OP is trolling! not everyone is a Troll!!!! please give people a chance before posting snide remarks.... the exception of this of course is AH section then snide remarks should never be taken seriously:P

What I love about boards is some of the genuine people who will help you any way they can :D

Yeah .. I like that too.Also anyone want a pic of Sydneyfife's arse ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You know that scene in Jaws where Quint/Robert Shaw drags his nails down a blackboard?

I am not a grammer Nazi in general. Lord knows, my own is far from perfect, but posters who say loose when they mean lose and vice versa is like that Jaws scene for me.

So to recap folks, when your favourite sports team come out on the wrong end of the score, they lose, they do NOT loose. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER !!!!

When you can not find something, you lose it. When something needs to be tightened that is because it is loose, not because it is lose.

Need I go on ?

You need to Losen up a bit.

PC CDROM wrote: »
    It's Cliques.

I hate people and boards people in general.
    Grammar nazis :p

mattjack wrote: »
    Yeah .. I like that too.Also anyone want a pic of Sydneyfife's arse ?

hummm I think I'll pass on that but thanks for the offer...:p Maybe someone else will take you up on that

• Advertisement

Amzie wrote: »
    hummm I think I'll pass on that but thanks for the offer...:p Maybe someone else will take you up on that

I'm still trying to work out whether its a threat or an offer. :pac:

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I'm still trying to work out whether its a threat or an offer. :pac:

HAHAHA I was being polite... I dont know either really:eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Not enough discussions are conducted via the medium of youtube.

All these words blah blah blah blah when a carefully selected musical ditty will suffice.

Bitch please. You're still my number one gay ho:)

Gurl, fo sho?!?
    Actually I have a question for you...
    How much would I have to pay you to sleep with Mila Kunis?

Ffs I said I was gay not blind!

So whatever little money you have will do just fine ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Anyone who uses the following words/phrases

"Banana republic"

"Fianna Failure"

"Ghey"

Also:

People who constantly talk down Ireland as a nation of people

People giving out about thanks whores yet secretly craving thanks for their own thanks whore bashing

This: :rolleyes:, oh jesus christ I hate that. Some people seem to think it's like a full stop to an argument

I hate the cynical nature of AH

I hate the fact that one person always has to fins something to argue about in a thread (Katie Taylor's looks today for example)

I do love boards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

After reading this thread - What annoys me most about boards.ie? People bitching about Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

People that know all about my 'overpaid underworked' Job and it's wonderful benefits and pensions even though they've never tried it.

Reading and believing the Indo does not make you an expert on the intricacies of the Civil/Public Service, it makes you a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I hate the way boards has no Breathalyzer ....

Private jokes in threads are childish and irritating.

The rest of us are excluded just because we couldn't make it to your grotty beer night in Fibbers or wherever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Private jokes in threads are childish and irritating.

The rest of us are excluded just because we couldn't make it to your grotty beer night in Fibbers or wherever

I love that word .. grotty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

People who use the phrases "PC society", "PC gone mad" and the most jaw-clenchingly, eye-twitchingly irritating, "the PC Brigade."

Never before joining Boards had I encountered the term "PC Brigade". What's more, now I feel left out. Are there other posters who get to travel around in some specially equipped vans with flashy lights and a siren that sounds out "I want a reference for that" or some other such? (Seems to me, you're being "PC" when you ask people to back up their hideously offensive, completely unresearched, slobbering prejudices.)

Why wasn't I invited into the brigade, dammit? I'll chip in for petrol biofuels. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement