Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What annoys you most about boards.ie?

Comments

Tut Tut.

see this is what i hate :D :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

when you put someone on the ignore list their posts aren't removed completely and can still be read when quoted by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Schwiiing wrote: »
    when you put someone on the ignore list their posts aren't removed completely and can still be read when quoted by someone else.
    who's on your list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

who's on your list?

He's not gonna see that post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

The way some people thank a mods post purely for the sake of arse kissing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

My hate is general, I detest all men;
    Some because they are wicked and do evil,
    Others because they tolerate the wicked,
    Refusing them the active vigorous scorn
    Which vice should stimulate in virtuous minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Too many air heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Why can you not put your own image instead of an avatar on your profile on boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why can you not put your own image instead of an avatar on your profile on boards.ie?

Also, can you all see everyone elses avatar on their posts? Because i can't :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

People who have been here years and think run the show. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I also hate when people jump down new posters throat because they havent had time to go through the 100's of threads on boards

steady on there at least in there 100,000s ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It's probably been said, but I hate the way every thread about
    a. The Irish Language
    b. Teachers & their holidays
    c. Public servants
    d. Social Welfare
    e. Rape/Sexual assault/Sexism
    ends up going around in the same circles with two or three people making the same points for about five pages, with none of them ever willing to consider that there are other possible opinions than their own!

He's not gonna see that post ;)
    :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down and tick the box under Thread Display Options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

who's on your list?

dont worry. you're safe enough for now ;)

stevek93 wrote: »
    People who have been here years and think run the show. :rolleyes:
    Feck off.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

People who refer to After hours as "the dark side of the internet" when it's really really not, infact it's quite pc in terms of what you'll be banned for and what not.

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    People who refer to After hours as "the dark side of the internet" when it's really really not, infact it's quite pc in terms of what you'll be banned for and what not.

Who are these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Who are these people?

Darth Vader and his sidekicks ;)

No seriously I hate people that slag off the reps on the Talk to forums.

Someone has a problem with a company and they decide to take it out on the rep! And.. at the same time ask for help, jaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

its pretty dry and all very serious for the most part across the majority of the forums but then again the quality of the "humour" in AH makes me want to kill myself so i tend to prefer the more serious side i guess.

Oh and the shocking level of ****ed up black and white "advice" that is handed out in personal issues/relationship advice.

As for the mods, the majority are fine but i still cant understand why anyone would want to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

gilmour wrote: »
    its pretty dry and all very serious for the most part across the majority of the forums but then again the quality of the "humour" in AH makes me want to kill myself so i tend to prefer the more serious side i guess.

Oh and the shocking level of ****ed up black and white "advice" that is handed out in personal issues/relationship advice.

As for the mods, the majority are fine but i still cant understand why anyone would want to do it.

For the bold username, the chicks dig it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When you post the same general opinion as the majority of the people who replied to the thread but one smartass quotes you and picks apart your post sentence by sentence, and ignores all the other agreeing posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kirby wrote: »
    Some of the posters on the Soccer forum hack me off. I realise going into the superthread of a particular team, you are likely to find alot of that teams fans. But it isn't their own personal fiefdom and non-fans of said team are allowed to have an opinion without being branded "trolls". I swear, some of the people in their are in their 40's but act like kids when discussing football.

This includes some of the Mods in there too. Yes, it's understandable that you support a team. But that doesn't mean you get to sh*t all over anybody who criticises one of your players. I had a run in with a Utd mod after I had the temerity to suggest that one of their players wasn't gods gift to football. By all means, hand out warnings to people you disagree with.

And as you can see I'm not bitter about it. :p
    The worst part of the soccer forum is that people think that they are being picked on by mods because of their allegiance. Oh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

You can if you subscribe

I think there's an option for it in the control panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

People who put the "Atari jaguar" option in polls, it's not funny

Atari Jaguar tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

The thumbs up button irritates me. Stop thanking people for stupid comments.

Atari jaguar can piss off, never funny.

The posters in the Ray Darcy thread, I don't think I have ever seen such a high level of whingebag. Similarly with the late late show threads. Why someone would come on here week in week out to crib and moan about a light entertainment show. Get a life you losers.

Ignorant threads relating to Northern Ireland. Any poster who considers Irish people born North of the border somehow less Irish! That really annoys me about boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Trolls and thank whores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

People who use ye or, even worse ye're.

The Mods

Felexicon wrote: »
    People who use ye or, even worse ye're.
    Now Ye're Talkin'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

"Edited by Colmustard"

I am realy given the impression I am anorexic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

gilmour wrote: »

Because I support the forum I Mod and I would like to be involved in it's development; and I get to ban people of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »
    Some of the posters on the Soccer forum hack me off. I realise going into the superthread of a particular team, you are likely to find alot of that teams fans. But it isn't their own personal fiefdom and non-fans of said team are allowed to have an opinion without being branded "trolls". I swear, some of the people in their are in their 40's but act like kids when discussing football.

This includes some of the Mods in there too. Yes, it's understandable that you support a team. But that doesn't mean you get to sh*t all over anybody who criticises one of your players. I had a run in with a Utd mod after I had the temerity to suggest that one of their players wasn't gods gift to football. By all means, hand out warnings to people you disagree with.

And as you can see I'm not bitter about it. :p
    The worst part of the soccer forum is that people think that they are being picked on by mods because of their allegiance. Oh....

Shows how clueless you are. I don't have an allegiance in the EPL. I watch it because I like football. So your point is moot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Trolls and thank whores

The people who constantly feed the trolls even though its blindingly obvious they are trolling are nearly worse than the trolls themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 IZEVAL

1 word: Self-righteousness.

• Advertisement

What's so bad about the roll eyes? It means it's sarcastic, like the pac smily means it's a joke.

Yeah, I am a fool

is not the same as

Yeah, I am a fool :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OP: Hi, I'm a girl and my boyfriend is piling on the weight and I don't find him attractive anymore

Replies: Lots of advice on tips to get him working hard, the lazy slob

OP: Hi, I'm a lad and my girlfriend is piling on the weight and I don't find her attractive anymore

Replies: You insensitive bastard, you are so shallow, you should love her as she is, oh I suppose you are superfit yourself, you don't deserve her

mikemac1 wrote: »
    OP: Hi, I'm a girl and my boyfriend is piling on the weight and I don't find him attractive anymore

OP: Hi, I'm a lad and my girlfriend is piling on the weight and I don't find her attractive anymore

Replies: You insensitive bastard, you are so shallow, you should love her as she is, oh I suppose you are superfit yourself, you don't deserve her

You should post some links to cases like this. ;)

You should post some links to cases like this. ;)
    +1

Must have a look at that, :pac: is it one of the forums where you can't tell a funny?

+1

Must have a look at that, :pac: is it one of the forums where you can't tell a funny?

Yeah it's out of bounds :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

+1

I'd go as far as saying:

"I'm female and I'm having a crisis" / "Oh sweetie, oh hunny, oh darling..."

"I'm male and I'm having a crisis" / "It's probably your fault or your misunderstanding so harden up".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

You do see a lot of these double standards. It's only sexist when a man says it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

IZEVAL wrote: »
    1 word: Self-righteousness.

smugness would have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

cantdecide wrote: »
    +1

I'd go as far as saying:

"I'm male and I'm having a crisis" / "It's probably your fault or your misunderstanding so harden up".

Just tell both to man up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

People that post who think they are all that, and think that they are ridiculously goodlooking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    You do see a lot of these double standards. It's only sexist when a man says it.

Just call them a pack of whores and if they call you the same back, just take it as a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Vain wrote: »
    People that post who think they are all that, and think that they are ridiculously goodlooking!!

cantdecide wrote: »
    +1

I'd go as far as saying:

I think it's unfair to say this without backing it up. Have you any proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think it's unfair to say this without backing it up. Have you any proof?

Nah.

I used to post a bit there but it's the reason why I eventually stopped posting there. Shur have a look yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

Vain wrote: »

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement