Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 3 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I feel asleep again last night :rolleyes: I blame the jetlag! - Flathan is in AirBerlin lounge, waiting for his flight to Switzerland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder what kind of money Flathan and the rest of the onscreen psychics actually earn out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Don't kid yourselves, you lot love having something to complain about. If this psychic readings racket gets taken off the air, where will you be then? It'll be back to complaining about the politicians. A couple of dozen of the posters here even stayed up until 2am, watched every second of the show, attentively, indefatigably, like it was high art, hypotised by Sam's repetitive words, over and over, going around in circles, you don't care - it's high art, letting her half-hearted and insincere words bore into your skulls, hook line and sinker, typing about it here in a feverish paroxysm of mutual dissatisfaction , it's something to bond over, a shared goal, get this tripe off the screen - then we can get back to complaining about the politicians, yet you continue to watch, mixed feelings, 'SEND ME SOME ENERGY, SAM', you suddenly exhort, in a gutteral throaty roar, then you scold yourself, 'no, I want this off the air - must resist..', your mouth dry, sweat dripping slowly down your forehead, 'how long have I been sitting here watching this? One hour? Two? It feels like a thousand years, yet I can't drag myself away', the perpetual cadence of Sam's voice echoing in your ears, comforting, yet infuriating, 'it's getting closer to 2am - you begin to panic, 'how am I meant to fill the time until 12am tomorrow? I wonder who'll be on', Sam's vacant grin continues to bear down on you, she says goodnight, you clutch the screen, trying in vain to transfer every drop of energy you can, 'don't go', you whisper, 'I can't survive until 12am tomorrow without energy', she's gone, you stand up, lost, desolate, your surroundings begin to become familiar again, back to this blasé, unforgiving Sam-less world, what now? Straight to boards.ie and rhapsodise about how revolting this show is, really lay it on thick, then check Youtube to see if any clips of Sam have been uploaded yet..

'2:05am - Only 21 hours and 55 minutes until I see Sam again... Only 21 hours, 54 minutes and 58 seconds until I see Sam again...
    Only 21 hours, 54 minutes and 56 seconds until I see Sam again...'

We wait for the trolls of course! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I haven't watched this in a few nights because I've been exhausted and gone to bed early...

Am I reading this threat right? (I haven't gone back very far...) did we get a new present last night?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Achilles wrote: »
    I haven't watched this in a few nights because I've been exhausted and gone to bed early...

Am I reading this threat right? (I haven't gone back very far...) did we get a new present last night?
    She starts at post #3274 although she was introduced in a 'box' during previous show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Don't kid yourselves, you lot love having something to complain about. If this psychic readings racket gets taken off the air, where will you be then? It'll be back to complaining about the politicians. A couple of dozen of the posters here even stayed up until 2am, watched every second of the show, attentively, indefatigably, like it was high art, hypotised by Sam's repetitive words, over and over, going around in circles, you don't care - it's high art, letting her half-hearted and insincere words bore into your skulls, hook line and sinker, typing about it here in a feverish paroxysm of mutual dissatisfaction , it's something to bond over, a shared goal, get this tripe off the screen - then we can get back to complaining about the politicians, yet you continue to watch, mixed feelings, 'SEND ME SOME ENERGY, SAM', you suddenly exhort, in a gutteral throaty roar, then you scold yourself, 'no, I want this off the air - must resist..', your mouth dry, sweat dripping slowly down your forehead, 'how long have I been sitting here watching this? One hour? Two? It feels like a thousand years, yet I can't drag myself away', the perpetual cadence of Sam's voice echoing in your ears, comforting, yet infuriating, 'it's getting closer to 2am - you begin to panic, 'how am I meant to fill the time until 12am tomorrow? I wonder who'll be on', Sam's vacant grin continues to bear down on you, she says goodnight, you clutch the screen, trying in vain to transfer every drop of energy you can, 'don't go', you whisper, 'I can't survive until 12am tomorrow without energy', she's gone, you stand up, lost, desolate, your surroundings begin to become familiar again, back to this blasé, unforgiving Sam-less world, what now? Straight to boards.ie and rhapsodise about how revolting this show is, really lay it on thick, then check Youtube to see if any clips of Sam have been uploaded yet..

Paragraphs dude, paragraphs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OisinBoi

I never commented on this thread but I always read it to see your views on the show :P
    I thought I would share the response I got about my complaint from TV3

Dear Oisin.

Psychic Readings Live meets all regulatory requirements for a service of this nature, from both the broadcasting and telecommunications regulators. The broadcast is clearly identified at all times as an Entertainment Service through a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen and such notification is in accordance with BAI regulation.
    TV3 has taken steps to ensure that viewers are aware of the nature of the service. The information strap clearly sets out the cost per minute and other relevant information relating to the service, including the web address where viewers can read the terms and conditions relating to the broadcast. The service is for 18+ only and is broadcast late at night so it is evidently for an adult only audience. Any callers who seem to be particularly distressed or vulnerable are provided with the helpline numbers of organisations that may be in a position to assist them after the on-air call.

Through the information provided during the broadcast and the call as well as on the website, we are making sure that viewers make an informed choice about whether to partake of the service.

Kind regards,
    TV3 Complaints

OisinBoi wrote: »
    I never commented on this thread but I always read it to see your views on the show :P
    I thought I would share the response I got about my complaint from TV3

Dear Oisin.

Psychic Readings Live meets all regulatory requirements for a service of this nature, from both the broadcasting and telecommunications regulators. The broadcast is clearly identified at all times as an Entertainment Service through a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen and such notification is in accordance with BAI regulation.
    TV3 has taken steps to ensure that viewers are aware of the nature of the service. The information strap clearly sets out the cost per minute and other relevant information relating to the service, including the web address where viewers can read the terms and conditions relating to the broadcast. The service is for 18+ only and is broadcast late at night so it is evidently for an adult only audience. Any callers who seem to be particularly distressed or vulnerable are provided with the helpline numbers of organisations that may be in a position to assist them after the on-air call.

Through the information provided during the broadcast and the call as well as on the website, we are making sure that viewers make an informed choice about whether to partake of the service.

Kind regards,
    TV3 Complaints
    Kick it upstairs to the BAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kick it upstairs to the BAI.

They'll kick it right back to TV3, and TV3 will kick it back, and then you kick it back to the BAI, who may or may not kick it back to you, if they do that ends that, if they don't they kick it back to TV3 and then the decide weather or not to kick it back to you or TV3.

There's lots of passing the book from now until then :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Elmo wrote: »
    They'll kick it right back to TV3, and TV3 will kick it back, and then you kick it back to the BAI, who may or may not kick it back to you, if they do that ends that, if they don't they kick it back to TV3 and then the decide weather or not to kick it back to you or TV3.

There's lots of passing the book from now until then :(

True but at least the ball is rolling if kicked to BAI

• Registered Users Posts: 13 salle

You will see what will eso tv do when the calls stopped coming. All the shows started with answering the questions and as the time passed the callers bacame bored with that and stoppedcalling. They will start "sending" all sorts of energy to callers (for money, job, health...), giving lucky numbers, numbers for protection...
    It is quite sad what will people belive in. In croatian show they brought self called red magician Theo who in removing curses from people who call (and everyone who calls have it) and when people stopped calling for this in Croatia they started putting him in all kind of shows around the world. He was in bosnian, german, canadian shows and he is now in show for Trinidad and Tobago... You will see, he will be in yours show eventually, at least you will laugh at him and naive callers.

Theo.png

They are now broadcastng in four diferent channels in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, six hours daily :eek:
    And they brought back our version of PlayTV on TV last weak... I really hope that you will have better luck with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

'2:05am - Only 21 hours and 55 minutes until I see Sam again... Only 21 hours, 54 minutes and 58 seconds until I see Sam again...
    Only 21 hours, 54 minutes and 56 seconds until I see Sam again...'

paragraphs mr douglas,paragraphs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Paragraphs dude, paragraphs!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

@psychic_wayne_i

"I am back home in the UK I miss Ireland already :-) x"

at this point I can only assume he's annoying us on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Let him annoy away.

Plank.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

I wonder what kind of money Flathan and the rest of the onscreen psychics actually earn out of this.

Think I read on this thread (it was from a link to the Wikipedia article I think) that they get 50 euro for each studio stint. Not much at all when you think about how much the bosses are raking it in at 2.44 a minute..

I predict record a record number of viewers for the GAA show this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why, is tonight the last psychic show?

Thanks forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Cinge, your man on take me out singing the killers...

Stealing my joke from last week are we? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Awww, is it not on tonight? I could do with a laugh. :(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What time is it starting??

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

Think I read on this thread (it was from a link to the Wikipedia article I think) that they get 50 euro for each studio stint. Not much at all when you think about how much the bosses are raking it in at 2.44 a minute..

I doubt we'll ever know, I have to imagine it's more than that unless they have the possibility of doing several a day (which I know they do but I don't see anything to suggest they doing more than 2 a day). Also these people have an asking price of around 50euro for half an hour on the phone privately granted I doubt they get many to fish to bite for that.

Another question would is how much are the hotline psychics getting. Surely it would be commission based. Because most of them are shared among all the english speaking nations I doubt they'd get a sizeable percentage of the 2.44euros because the cost per minute is generally cheaper in other countries and I can't see them giving them different amounts based on the caller's nationality.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Awww, is it not on tonight? I could do with a laugh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Stuck Cone wrote: »

You must be psychic, cos I just checked the EPG and that's the EXACT time!

You're good. ;) :P

It would be great if a psychic who got the shaft would turn supergrass, fingers crossed :)

Hopefully flathan's over his PMS

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Hopefully flathan's over his PMS

Psychic Menstrual Syndrome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement