Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 3 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Sam =

"If your tunin in for the first time tonight..If your flickin through the stations.and you just have to say what is this, what is goin on, Welcome to TV3, this is Psychics Readings Live" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

back with tea peach and beer. damn dinner has me thristy tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Energy boosting? She's draining it out of me ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

For the past week the numbers of psychics available and busy on psychicreadingslive.com is about half what it was a couple of weeks ago. It says about 5-10 of their psychics are busy in any given minute which is nowhere near enough revenue to justify this being on TV. Even if all the psychics they have available took calls for the entire 2 hours it would still make less money than PlayTV did after all the complaints and before they ultimately killed it off for not being profitable enough.

I just can't see how they get away with not showing call volumes when getting live on air is clearly a lottery. Even if they took callers for the entire duration and were as quick as possible they still wouldn't couldn't possibly do a reading for everyone. I would estimate that at least 80% of their revenue comes from people on hold to get through to the studio. It also looks like they have a similar holding system for the psychics they have on the hotline in the studio too like when Wayne or Starella are in there because I find it hard to believe they always have a couple of minutes to sit there between every call while the presenter gets a chance to plug them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ms Happy wrote: »
    She is making me sooooooooo sleepy :(

Try not to get Grumpy about it, callers can be a bit Dopey when it comes to Doc stuff as Sneezy inquiries can make them Bashful.

• Advertisement

Nearly choked on my tea "honesty is the best policy"

Mary should know by now to turn off the tv....a seasoned caller :rolleyes: and Sam say's she'll be recharging her all weekend :eek: the phone bill ???

Few cans of Red Bull in the post for Mary

BMollie wrote: »
    Mary should know by now to turn off the tv....a seasoned caller :rolleyes: and Sue say's she'll be recharging her all weekend :eek:

Energy boosts : Is that a good idea with mercury in retrograde and all electrical things going wrong

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Went snooze time

• Advertisement

Whats with foreign women and picking up the word "like" :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

another argument

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

" I'm going to recharge ye"

danger_sign1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Sam to the Latvian girl : 'You're obviously not one of us'

Sam the 'Psychic'
    Not a Racist

it is so depressing to think that there are people out there who even believe that you could get a special energy boost through the medium of a television or telephone or however it works.

Even setting aside how they are ripping people off or taking advantage of vulnerable people... even if the show was free, the callers all had no problems and even if all the psychic's messages were harmless it's still so sad to think that people are actually buying into this. I was always amazed how stuff like homeopathy or those metal wristbands caught on but this is taking it to an all new level.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

jsemple wrote: »
    For the past week the numbers of psychics available and busy on psychicreadingslive.com is about half what it was a couple of weeks ago. It says about 5-10 of their psychics are busy in any given minute which is nowhere near enough revenue to justify this being on TV. Even if all the psychics they have available took calls for the entire 2 hours it would still make less money than PlayTV did after all the complaints and before they ultimately killed it off for not being profitable enough.

I just can't see how they get away with not showing call volumes when getting live on air is clearly a lottery. Even if they took callers for the entire duration and were as quick as possible they still wouldn't couldn't possibly do a reading for everyone. I would estimate that at least 80% of their revenue comes from people on hold to get through to the studio. It also looks like they have a similar holding system for the psychics they have on the hotline in the studio too like when Wayne or Starella are in there because I find it hard to believe they always have a couple of minutes to sit there between every call while the presenter gets a chance to plug them.
    Interesting. I haven't studied the possibilities but given the current complaints procedure it would be at least 3 months before any decisive action.
    This run of the show could be a 3 month test run and then it's decision time.

outlook email notification there

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

Evening all did I miss much?

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Interesting. I haven't studied the possibilities but given the current complaints procedure it would be at least 3 months before any decisive action.
    This run of the show could be a 3 month test run and then it's decision time.

Can you remember the approximate call volumes towards the end? I know somebody used to have a script to record them all and they linked them in one of the psychic threads but the link was broken.

20 available psychics * 2.44/euro a minute = 48.80/minute at best.

48.80/1.50 is 32 callers a minute on PlayTV. I don't remember it being that bad.

And of course that figure is assuming that all their psychics are busy which is never the case. Tonight I haven't seen more than 7 of them busy at a time. I've never seen 20 psychics busy at a time before even back when they had 40+ online at once.

so another one of sams samisms is pets

• Advertisement

Evening all did I miss much?

Nothing tonight. Quite boring.

bout a 15 second delay there between the studio and the tv

She started to say to that man..'"what can I do yeh for'" :D

No, no, no

She just wont drop the whole relationship thing even though the bloke is telling her straight out he's not in one.

Glad flathan wasn't on... and I didnt miss much

She's on again tomorrow night :eek:

God she's here tomorrow too... guess i'll head out to coppers instead...

in my opinion

Ann is getting to be nearly as bad as Mary

• Advertisement

#Flathan4Eva

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement