Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 3 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yay underbelly is on :D The best thing ever was discovering this programme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Lol, psychic pms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

WE LOVE YOU FLATHAN ya big wally

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

"PSYCHIC PMS!!"

LMFAO

bye boardies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

:o wonder did he read my tweet last night ref pms

Well...that was..awkward

No shout out :(

Booo-urns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

ending was not at all awkward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

image.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭haribos

going to miss the weekend shows, got to get my drinking onnnnnnnnn, enjoy yall:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

That was a weird winky type look he gave the camera during the 20 seconds wait for camera to cut. good night all

E4 rules of engagement im sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Night bronies, BROHOOF!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Flathan..PMS :confused: I might be back tomorrow night....(depends now on the producers methinks)

Night lads, it's been emotional as always!

Night y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone reckon when it was his 'last show' he was fired for some reason but then invited back?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

Achilles wrote: »
    Anyone reckon when it was his 'last show' he was fired for some reason but then invited back?

I reckon he got in trouble for his 'candle' will make you rich night...

if this show does end what will we do next

• Advertisement

no no no it was just used by producer's to increase call volumes. The text 'Flathan's Last Show' was plastered on over the phone number all night (probably complaint worthy in itself) to encourage people to call in because it's their last chance to have their name simultaneously mispronounced and complimented while given some vague information about their money bag and/or further education.

Anything you see on a show which involved a candle that supposedly made you rich is to be taken with a generous amount of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

My one friend accuses me of suffiering from Mary Whitehouse Syndrome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Flood the thread with Gene Wilder pics ?

Money Candle Intro

Like I said I remember watching it and waiting for him to say in my opinion or a similar sentiment and don't remember it happening. Their only defence can be his use of the term 'money energy' which is so vague and pseudosciencey that it effectively means nothing. But at the same time he does say if you want to be rich, I can make you rich.

Even in the normal shows they only ever say 'in my opinion' during a reading itself but while in between they will say stuff like 'I have the answers' and more definitive statements. These come at the point where someone would actually be ringing.

They skirt around the guidelines doing the bare minimum to please the BAI. The call charge is never read out and is small enough that their average 60+ year old caller probably couldn't read it if they wanted to. The notion that you don't get straight through to the psychic is only periodically scrolled along the bottom of the screen and is consistently either contradicted by the psychic or they strongly infer that call volumes are low and they are just waiting for someone to call in. Flathan said something about Psychic Entertainment show tonight, only time I've heard them say that. But clearly nobody is spending the money they do to get through to have a psychics opinion, they think they actually have the answers.

All they care about is how much money they can rinse out of vulnerable and naive callers and TV3 can't turn a blind eye to it. I can't believe the guy from TV3 never apologised for PlayTV and justified it all saying it was good revenue for them during the recession despite the fact they had presenters on there claim a spot the difference game was impossible and nobody was ringing in to even attempt it for around 3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

spookwoman wrote: »
    Money Candle Intro

Unbloodybelieveable

someone made a good point tonight regarding the visually impared. there is nowhere for them to hear its for entertainment purposes only, the number and the cost of the calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

How people can watch this I don't know, it's literally watching people being taken advantage of, in my opinion.

anyone got the clip where flathan got really angry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

from Flathans Facebook
    I don´t like that i have to say always in my TV Readings on the Ireland TV "in my Opinion!" but this is a rule for the Show. If i don´t say "in my Opinion", i can go! :-(
    In the others Show sthat i make in Switzerland, Germany,m Austria i can tell the people directly and correctly concret what i see without any rule, so i can say more, i can speak over mediumship there, i can show what i real can do for the people, but in ireland it´s not allowed. :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement