Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 3 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

TV3 don't care. Seriously they don't. They is a serious earner for them.
    At the launch of TV3's Autumn (18 August 2010) schedule David McRedmond (CEO TV3) was interviewed by The Irish Times where he admitted mistakes had been made and thatPlay TV was axed not just due to falling audience figures but also to the bad press and the regulator's constant scrutiny of the show..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_TV_(Ireland)

I think all the pressure that comes on TV3 will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

New location folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

brian_t wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_TV_(Ireland)

I think all the pressure that comes on TV3 will help.

It took him 6 months to admit that after the cancelling of the show, up to that point TV3 were all about survival in hard economic times.

It is odd they are doing the same hand washing again seeing as the BAI said they are responsible for what is aired on their channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭haribos

Anyone who still hasn't seen this yet and wants to get your speak into TV3 and BAI go here,

http://cce.gno.ie/reviews/02TV3PsychicLive.php

• Advertisement

Making a complaint: -

1. A complaint must be made directly to the Broadcaster (e.g. TV3, RTÉ, Today FM etc).
    2. The broadcaster has 21 days to reply to a complaint
    3. If the reply is not satisfactory the complaint can be forwarded to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI)
    4. The BAI send the complaint back to the broadcaster.
    5. The broadcaster has 21 days to reply to the complaint.
    6. Once the BAI receive a reply they return it to the audience member
    7. The audience member has 14 days to inform the BAI if the reply is satisfactory or not.
    8. If the reply is not satisfactory the complaint is returned to the BAI, who pass it on to their Executive Complaints Forum (ECF)
    9. If the ECF feel that the complaint needs to be investigated further the complaint is passed on to the BAI's Broadcasting Compliance Committee.
    10. If the Broadcasting Compliance Committee uphold the complaint the Broadcaster may be asked to inform their audiences of the complaint and issue an apology. The complaints will be published on the BAI's website.

At that rate it could be a year before a compliant is upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

At that rate it could be a year before a compliant is upheld.

Agreed, Terrible system.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭madmuffin

haribos wrote: »
    Anyone who still hasn't seen this yet and wants to get your speak into TV3 and BAI go here,

http://cce.gno.ie/reviews/02TV3PsychicLive.php

I dunno Id seriously miss the show if it left! I think the concept is totally different to play tv where you had no hope of getting through and answered numerous questions that had nothing to do with the question on telly.

However, you can actually get through on this one and people know the costs up front if you dont like it dont call in its not children getting through these all seem to be adults educated or not!

The minute you call you have the option of going straight through to an available psychic or you have to hold to get on the tv!! If you dont want to incur such rip off costs (which they are) well then dont call in!!

madmuffin wrote: »
    I dunno Id seriously miss the show if it left! I think the concept is totally different to play tv where you had no hope of getting through and answered numerous questions that had nothing to do with the question on telly.

However, you can actually get through on this one and people know the costs up front if you dont like it dont call in its not children getting through these all seem to be adults educated or not!

The minute you call you have the option of going straight through to an available psychic or you have to hold to get on the tv!! If you dont want to incur such rip off costs (which they are) well then dont call in!!

Did you read the article in the Irish Examiner posted earlier? Opened my eyes even more, throwing up things I never thought of, namely taking advantage of the elderly who might just want someone to talk too. No i got to say I cant wait until it is off the air, these 'psychics' are not qualified to be answering questions that they are been asked, they I presume have no actual psychological training or f**cking cop on to recognise desperate or vulnerable people. A society cannot allow its vulnerable members to be preyed upon, I honestly feel that, and the fact that this disgraceful show is not all over the media shocks and to be honest sickens me a little.

wayne ya fat bastard good night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ugh not wayne again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Evening all

Example, Dont Call me up and you wont know what the answer is........Entertainment Service........Should be mentioned in every sentence Wayne the twat says

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

madmuffin wrote: »
    I dunno Id seriously miss the show if it left!

I'm sure that if you ventured out into other threads in the TV forum you would find other shows you would enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

Can't believe it's Wayne again tonight......and another Mary on the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭madmuffin

Did you read the article in the Irish Examiner posted earlier? Opened my eyes even more, throwing up things I never thought of, namely taking advantage of the elderly who might just want someone to talk too. No i got to say I cant wait until it is off the air, these 'psychics' are not qualified to be answering questions that they are been asked, they I presume have no actual psychological training or f**cking cop on to recognise desperate or vulnerable people. A society cannot allow its vulnerable members to be preyed upon, I honestly feel that, and the fact that this disgraceful show is not all over the media shocks and to be honest sickens me a little.

No I will say I didnt get a chance Ill go have a gander now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Hear, hear.

And I think that one of the saddest things about this show is that all of us here can probably recognize aspects of our elderly neighbours, aunts, parents in some of the voices of those that call into the show. These are not stupid people, just people that are in a position of heightened vulnerability.

I really hope we don't have any more callers like the poor woman with cancer last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

First night checking it out. 'You can see exactly what I see when I look at the cards' :eek: I can see it! :pac: This man reminds me of Doug from 'King of Queens'....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

If he is Psychic, why does he need the cards to predict the future?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

"Limerick - lovely, lovely place"

Now we know he has never been in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

darkman2 wrote: »
    "Limerick - lovely, lovely place"

Now we know he has never been in Ireland!

Banned.. oh wait, this is not my forum, ah ****.

LOL

Would unrequited love not mean it isn't gonna happen?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wayne - "The only bad question is one that doesn't have an answer"

Lapin - Will I ever get pregnant Wayne ?

Wayne - "Next caller please"

Lapin - I'm a bloke you tosser. Give me my €60 back.

Wayne - << Click >>

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

She's in the middle 'cuddling him' and 'sometimes we have numerous partners'.... They're really accurate on this show, she's going to have a threesome... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Lapin wrote: »
    Wayne - "The only bad question is one that doesn't have an answer"

Lapin - Will I ever get pregnant Wayne ?

Wayne - "Next caller please"

Lapin - I'm a bloke you tosser. Give me my €60 back.

Wayne - << Click >>

;)
    when did that happen?

I WOULD NOT LIKE YOU BITING ME WAYNE - vomit :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Always a pensioner to take advantage of...

If he is Psychic, why does he need the cards to predict the future?

Ring him up and ask him.

He's waiting for your call ?

Have your American Express Gold Card at the ready though.

• Advertisement

when did that happen?

See this at the end of my post >>>>>> ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement