Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing test

Options
  • 11-07-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    I am wondering if anybody can help. I have had problems/loss with my right ear for a couple of years now. I went about the free test in "Hidden Hearing" and they told me I had to get my doctor to refer me to the Eye and Ear hospital, which in turn would decide whether to refer me back to them(Hidden Hearing). I did this and the doctor faxed a letter to the hosp. He said to go down to their A&E and chance my arm there aswell. When I did this, the hospital told me after a quick check up that because it was not an emergency it could take up to two years for a test to be done there. I'm on the medical card, so private is out of the question. I know this message is a bit long winded, but does anyone have any ideas, as I feel I am left in limbo while my ear gets progressively worse!
    Thanks for your time.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I'm wondering why HH decided to refer you to the hospital. Normally a referral would only be made if there were anything that was out of the norm. Such as a sudden hearing loss or pain in head/ears, Sudden tinnitus etc etc.

You should get yourself on the list asap for a Med Card aid and get that process in order. I know it's a long list but It could be a year to a year and half so that should be your priority.

Your ears shouldn't get worse in that space of time, it's just dealing with the day to day problems associated with the hearing loss is the bad part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tomkav79

Thanks Larko,
    The doctor has sent the referral, so I'll just have to sit and wait!!

Advertisement