Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S3 Broken Screen

• 11-07-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,
    Broke the screen on my new samsung galaxy s3. Phone still works perfectly but someone please tell me I can get it fixed :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

you can get it fixed . Bring it back to the store

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sinead_89

Really?? Its not insured. . .got it two months ago. . .
    WIZE wrote: »

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sinead_89 wrote: »
    Really?? Its not insured. . .got it two months ago. . .
    WIZE wrote: »
    Of course you can get it fixed. You'll have to pay for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

or you can try yourself. I fixed an iPhone before no problem but I reckon the SGS3 would be a lot harder having a look at mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

its really expensive repair. I feel for you but there is no easy way out of this.

http://www.adverts.ie/repair-services/samsung-galaxy-s1-i9000-s1-i9001-s2-i9100-quick-lcd-repair-genuine/1103250

This guy ^^^ is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sinead_89

Any idea how much? Thanks for all the help guys!!
    Jarren wrote: »
    its really expensive repair. I feel for you but there is no easy way out of this.

http://www.adverts.ie/repair-services/samsung-galaxy-s1-i9000-s1-i9001-s2-i9100-quick-lcd-repair-genuine/1103250

This guy ^^^ is very good.

Galaxy i9300 S3 - 175Eur

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanpearse

Cracked my screen yesterday as well. Damn S3's are so easily broke. My case arrived in the post today GGRRRRR :mad: Has anyone had any luck replacing the outer glass screen without changing the digitizer? My touch screen and digitizer are working fine and the outer screen is only around $20 on ebay but it looks like a bit of a mission to replace it without damaging the digitizer....

Any ideas?

Hmmm

I was under impression that the display, digitizer and glass all bonded together so it's not possible to replace the glass only .

I stand to be corrected

Yeah it is possible (apparently) to soften the bonding adhesive with a heat lamp and prise the outer screen away from the digitizer. The outer screens are only ~$20 (Ebay S3 Screen) but it's a bit of a mission to get it off without damaging the digitizer and lcd. It's ridiculous that you have to replace the whole unit when it's only the outer glass cover that is damaged

• Advertisement

^ This is no good so, you will have to have some DIY skills to do that .

Out of my head ,there are some mobile phone shops on Moore st that won't charge you a fortune to do this job .

I wouldn't fancy doing this myself tbh

Yeah not sure if I fancy tackling it myself either tbh. Don't fancy paying 200 quid to replace the whole thing either though!! I'm in Donegal so my options are fairly limited. The crack's not too bad so I might just struggle on for a month or two and do an insurance jobbie on it. Cheers for the input anyway mate take it easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just bloody dropped mine as well and cracks all along the top half of the screen even with a case on it...stupid crappy phone :mad:
    I've dropped my iphone 4 tonnes of times and never the slightest damage on it..hell the bloody thing even came off my bike at 20kph and not a dent in it and all that was on it was a gel back case.
    Ah well..another €200 down the drain :(

Advertisement