Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KC's open again ?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Quick question has KC's re-opened after the flooding - feeling hungry :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No judging by their facebook update 4 days ago
    Very unlikely to be open any time soon. Not only do we have to replace 90% of our equipment but electrics, walls, flooring etc all need major attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

Quick question has KC's re-opened after the flooding - feeling hungry :D

Defo not. Just passed it 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

It's not going to be open for at least a month (according to my sister who passed it yesterday, think she said there was a notice on the door) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

A friend of mine was saying it won't be open for another 6 weeks but I've no idea where he heard this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

newbee22 wrote: »
    It's not going to be open for at least a month (according to my sister who passed it yesterday, think she said there was a notice on the door) :(

feck sake the only chipper I go to :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Barr wrote: »
    feck sake the only chipper I go to :(
    Murphys on Gerald Griffin St is a worthy alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Never been to KCs ....

*awaits a beating*

kingtut wrote: »
    Never been to KCs ....

*awaits a beating*

HEY :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Murphys on Gerald Griffin St is a worthy alternative.
    Not in the same league at all, in my opinion. I've always found Murphy's to be just grease. Chips aren't nice and burgers not a patch on KC's.

I would consider Watkins across from the Woolshed to be the closest in quality/taste to KCs. Just a pity it closes at 11 every night.

• Advertisement

The alternative to KC's for quality traditional take away is Lennox's Bandon Road; and it's not even close.

I had a scrumptious Haddock supper from Lennox's on Sunday (between two, careful now). The haddock was chunky and beautifully fresh. Lennox's also do excellent breast of chicken nuggets and many other decent sundries.

I have no idea what Lennox's burgers are like because I never buy burgers from a chipper (yucky mystery meat imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

In last Saturdays Irish Times in Obituaries section there was a touching story regarding Edith Mary Crawford who has died aged 89 who with her husband Ken established this renowned fish and chip shop 54 years ago. Unfortunately i dont know how to provide a link perhaps some kind poster will do the necessary. Times have changed as shortly after opening they were soon denounced from the pulpit believed to be because of their association with the Jehovahs Witnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Try "The Fish Wife" on McCurtain street, i think it is the best chipper in city (i havent been to KC's, but i don't see them topping it).
    grenache wrote: »
    Not in the same league at all, in my opinion. I've always found Murphy's to be just grease.

Agree. If u can smell the oil from street it is not the place to visit if it comes to chippers. Just grease, no quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Had a munch from the Golden fry in Ballinlough last night instead - its really good, but missed the burgers from KC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

kart wrote: »
    Try "The Fish Wife" on McCurtain street, i think it is the best chipper in city (i havent been to KC's, but i don't see them topping it).

Fish Wife is pretty top notch grub.

dewdrop wrote: »
    In last Saturdays Irish Times in Obituaries section there was a touching story regarding Edith Mary Crawford ... Unfortunately i dont know how to provide a link perhaps some kind poster will do the necessary

No worries at all.
    EDITH MARY CRAWFORD: EDITH MARY Crawford, who has died aged 89, was a resourceful and courageous woman who, along with her husband Ken, established a celebrated Cork fish-and-chip shop when he lost his job in the 1950s because he had joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The takeaway was denounced from the pulpit at the time.

irishtimes.com

Thank goodness that type of crap doesn't go on any more. They were a roaring success in spite of the obstacles placed in their way.

Thanks for sharing.

Is it really sad that I already know what I'm going to get when KCs reopens? I'm going to have to be rolled home! :pac::pac::pac::pac:We should set up a support group!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

As a local i have noticed how peaceful the village has become without the rough element kcs attract-all those boyracers in their trackies have vanished -pure bliss biy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As a local i have noticed how peaceful the village has become without the rough element kcs attract-all those boyracers in their trackies have vanished -pure bliss biy

I dont use this much but your post deserves it, :rolleyes:

I'm sure those boyracers have more an interest in the petrol station across the road and looking at their cars then doing burn outs and racing up and down outside KC's and then going in to purchase something and causing anti-social behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'm sure those boyracers have more an interest in the petrol station across the road and looking at their cars then doing burn outs and racing up and down outside KC's and then going in to purchase something and causing anti-social behaviour.
    I live nearby -do you know more than me or something:rolleyes:

Maybe the mod thing you have has turned you into a power mad eegitt

• Advertisement

Is the petrol station closed also? I assumed it was open again but if it is still closed then that may explain the lack of tossers in douglas at the moment.

That's what I like about Douglas. It feels alive. Those 'boy racers' are harmless. It's good to have young people around - whatya want like? A retirement village?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ludo wrote: »
    Is the petrol station closed also? I assumed it was open again but if it is still closed then that may explain the lack of tossers in douglas at the moment.

It's open, was only closed for a day or two.

GavRedKing wrote: »

So you give someone the :rolleyes: treatment for saying the boy racers are gone because KC's is closed, yet your argument is that they were there because of the garage and not KC's...yet the garage is OPEN again? I think that deserves a :rolleyes: of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Like Kingtut I've also never been to KC's:o In fact, is there anybody out there who has been to KC's and didn't like the food?:eek: Now THAT would be interesting to find out:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Like Kingtut I've also never been to KC's:o In fact, is there anybody out there who has been to KC's and didn't like the food?:eek: Now THAT would be interesting to find out:D

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Not possible!! :P:P ( I may get shot for saying this, but I'm not a big fan of the creole anymore!( think I had too many of them!) I may be the only person who has had kcs to say this! but I do like everything else there! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The Philly steak is a thing of beauty. I get mine with garlic Mayo, and a cheesy pie on the side. Perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

yum yum leghorn sounds nice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

imagine the queue when it reopens....

• Advertisement

Imma gonna try some of the other pittas - it's just that I love me them creoles.
    Tazzle wrote: »
    imagine the queue when it reopens....

I cant bear those huge queues - I go there when it's quiet.

Advertisement