Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KC's open again ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I must try The Fish Wife. Everybody speaks well of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

poly with added bacon. thats the one I'm waiting for when they reopen!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Henry94 wrote: »

It's really, really good. Think they've started up deliveries too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

My favourite dish from KC's is the "Flaming Pig in the Spuds" don't think I've seen similar elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Philly Steak- the food of champions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

leahyl wrote: »
    In fact, is there anybody out there who has been to KC's and didn't like the food?:eek: Now THAT would be interesting to find out:D

We exist alright. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Henry94 wrote: »

Got a delivery from them recently it was rubbish really really bad. Never again. Chips cold, fish like rubber. The fish hatch in the imperial was way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Got a delivery from them recently it was rubbish really really bad. Never again. Chips cold, fish like rubber. The fish hatch in the imperial was way better.

Didn't know they delivered - what do they charge for this?

leahyl wrote: »
    ............... In fact, is there anybody out there who has been to KC's and didn't like the food?:eek:...................

I just thought it was ok any time I was there, certainly not as good as you'd expect given the way folks speak so highly of it. Not a patch on food from The Golden Fry. Not as nice as Bandon Road Lennox either imo.

Really weird atmosphere in there too, you'd barely get a hello from the staff, very subdued folk.

Barr wrote: »

They are on www.justeat.ie I think it was €2 delivery but it may have been free it was a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I'd be slow to get chipper food delivered, it doesn't travel well at the best of times (in your own car with minimal delays). If getting it delivered specify no vinegar !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

RoverJames wrote: »
    Not a patch on food from The Golden Fry

I'd have to disagree with you there James unfortunately. Everything tastes like lard from the Gloden Fry, yuck! Lennoxs chips are much nicer than KCs though, that's for sure.

I'd have to disagree with you there James unfortunately...........

:)

Each to their own, nothing unfortunate about contrasting taste buds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'd have to disagree with you there James unfortunately. Everything tastes like lard from the Gloden Fry, .

And overall blandness ~ and whilst waiting outside one night I saw what looked like an order-in being delivered and my wife came out immediately with her order ~

I don't go to the Fry much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Barr wrote: »

They didnt deliver before, they only started to do it a few months back. Charge 2eur as someone already said.

I havent gotten delivery from them tho.
    I agree with what RoverJames said there about having chipper food delivered. Cant expect it to arrive as good as it wud be going in from nowhere i'd say. SPecially if with vinegar.

But it should by no means be as bad as ResearchWill said.

I can say i have gotten food from The Fish Wife many of times and its always been great. Even after journey home which took more than 10min defo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I enjoy the Fish Wife, but I find the boxes are insanely greasy. You can't rest it on any surface, and just have to try and tip the contents out onto a plate. I've struggled to open the little thing of peas because it was so covered in grease. That's happened every time I've gotten food there (and I only live a mile, at most, away, and we drove there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I got a happy meal at the weekend (in an ordinary bag).

I wasn't all that happy after it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

would murder a vampire lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

enchilada with cajun chicken and bacon. mother of god

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Kansas City Pita with Extra bacon... that's right, I said EXTRA bacon.

drooling_homer.gif?w=314&h=360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kart wrote: »
    They didnt deliver before, they only started to do it a few months back. Charge 2eur as someone already said.

I havent gotten delivery from them tho.
    I agree with what RoverJames said there about having chipper food delivered. Cant expect it to arrive as good as it wud be going in from nowhere i'd say. SPecially if with vinegar.

But it should by no means be as bad as ResearchWill said.

I get chipper delivered fairly often and it's always fine. As long as it's done well there shouldn't be a problem.

I brought my husband to KCs (he'd heard me talking about it enough that he wanted to try it) and he wasn't impressed.

I, on the other hand, would love a double tranny with cheese right now.

I get chipper delivered fairly often and it's always fine. As long as it's done well there shouldn't be a problem.

I brought my husband to KCs (he'd heard me talking about it enough that he wanted to try it) and he wasn't impressed.

I, on the other hand, would love a double tranny with cheese right now.

Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

RoverJames wrote: »
    I just thought it was ok any time I was there, certainly not as good as you'd expect given the way folks speak so highly of it.

Not as nice as Bandon Road Lennox either imo.
    :eek: :eek:

i know it's all a matter of personal taste, and everyones is different. But i do find this peculiar. I find Jackie Lennox's food to be below average. Any time i went there, i found that the burgers were always pre-cooked, and as a result, very soggy and stuck together. The chips are just too dry. Its fourth division stuff.

KCs on the other hand is Premier League. The burgers are almost gourmet style. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

They are on www.justeat.ie I think it was €2 delivery but it may have been free it was a few weeks ago.

Anyone have a direct link to them on just-eat? I never knew they delivered and cant seem to find them on there or would they hae been taken down until they re-open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

grenache wrote: »
    KCs on the other hand is Premier League. The burgers are almost gourmet style. Delicious.

No burger is gourmet style, don't believe the hype. It's shaped minced meat, and all the flavourings in the world don't change that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone have a direct link to them on just-eat? I never knew they delivered and cant seem to find them on there or would they hae been taken down until they re-open?

They probably won't show until 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

stdidit wrote: »

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-thefishwife/menu

That what you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Sea Filly wrote: »
    No burger is gourmet style, don't believe the hype. It's shaped minced meat, and all the flavourings in the world don't change that.

A double fajita burger is pretty immense though! You're not gonna match that in Lennox's.

I tried my first fishwife the other day, I thought the fish was delicious and the batter was lovely and light, will definitely go back again. I'd agree with Faith though that the box was insanely greasy. They're as good as the fish hatch though imo and the portions are bigger. I had to give half my fish to the dog, couldn't finish it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Cheers, but I misread what he said, I thought he meant KC's was on just-eat! I guess that will never happen, no need for them to go on there.

Must try out thefishwife though, ive never been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

A double fajita burger is pretty immense though! You're not gonna match that in Lennox's.

I tried my first fishwife the other day, I thought the fish was delicious and the batter was lovely and light, will definitely go back again. I'd agree with Faith though that the box was insanely greasy. They're as good as the fish hatch though imo and the portions are bigger. I had to give half my fish to the dog, couldn't finish it.:pac:

Mention it to them! They always seem to be looking for ways to improve their service, going from their FB page.

Advertisement