Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KC's open again ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

From K.C's twitter page: ''Not making any promises but hopefully reopen by end of month.''

Also, over on their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kcandsonandsons ) they're letting the public decide which charity Sober Lane's donation goes to. Sober Lane raised 750 euro and K.C's are matching this to give to one of the following charities: St. Patrick's Hospital and Marymount Hospice, Irish Red Cross Cork floods appeal or Medicens sans Frontiers (Doctors without Borders).

Think that's a really good gesture on K.C's part!

grenache wrote: »
    :eek: :eek:

i know it's all a matter of personal taste, and everyones is different. But i do find this peculiar. I find Jackie Lennox's food to be below average. Any time i went there, i found that the burgers were always pre-cooked, and as a result, very soggy and stuck together. The chips are just too dry. Its fourth division stuff.

KCs on the other hand is Premier League. The burgers are almost gourmet style. Delicious.

... there's a poll thread in here somewhere, they were both equally liked results wise. I find your premiership, almost gourmet v below average and fourth division stuff a tad beyond peculiar. A matter of taste though as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Eod100 wrote: »
    From K.C's twitter page: ''Not making any promises but hopefully reopen by end of month.''

What's their Twitter name? I can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What's their Twitter name? I can't seem to find it.

It's KCandsonandsons .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The are opening again on Monday it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

There opening this Monday :) yipppeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

POGAN wrote: »
    There opening this Monday :) yipppeeeee

Wife, Kids, we aint cookin on Monday, my treat. Should I start camping outside their door now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

It's open again, right now apparently. Not willing to brave the queues JUST yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Opened 20 mins early!! The queue wasn't as big as I thought it would be, probably because of the weather but people were still standing out for nearly an hour in the rain waiting!! Some dedication. I reckon the chips taste better than they used to!

Bit disappointed some of the artwork from inside has disappeared though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The queue earlier on
    552748_466631406681819_2035624531_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Haha glad I got there early so! Twas only at the cleaners when I joined it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Might head tonight after the cinema if the que isnt to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

The pic of the queue warmed my heart it did, that's social fabric in action!

Apparently I'm to be left to my own devices this Saturday so lunch AND dinner is on like Donkey Kong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Woogy

Heard some people were waiting for over an hour while queuing. KC's is nice,but it isn't that nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Woogy wrote: »
    Heard some people were waiting for over an hour while queuing. KC's is nice,but it isn't that nice!

Ah, I think it was as much about a show of support as well as the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Now we can all get fat in a delicious way and say 'I'm all about supporting a local business'

Everybody wins.

\o/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Hype and sheep come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

An unbeliever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Check the website but I don't think they do mutton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

murphym7 wrote: »
    An unbeliever!!

Must be from outta town? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Just mangled a double translyvanian and meat pattie ... HEAVEN ... you can't beat those Bresnans burgers ;-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Drove past at 10 tonight, hoping it would be quiet enough, and there was a queue nearly all the way to Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The queue was across the door of BOI when I was passing at 10:20pm tonight. Thought it would have quietened down a bit by now but looks like they're still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You don't like KCs? Well aren't you a special snowflake

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought I'd avoid the queues for KCs and went to the Golden Fry instead. We still waited as long as we would have for KCs at the moment, and it was SO disappointing :(. Soggy, hugely over-battered fish, tasteless peas and tasteless, slightly soggy, chips (the potato pie was still awesome though). Should have just gone to KCs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was on the way to kc`s tonight until i saw the queue, it was down near the bank, so i drove into town and went to burger king instead, over an hour later i was in douglas again and the queue was still down near the bank:eek:
    it is good to see i suppose but im not waiting an hour for food!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

bladebrew wrote: »
    I actually decided to queue this evening from the traffic lights and it took just under 30 minutes before I was out the door again with my creole. Its still a long enough wait but they do seem to be powering through the queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

bladebrew wrote: »
    I was on the way to kc`s tonight until i saw the queue, it was down near the bank, so i drove into town and went to burger king instead, over an hour later i was in douglas again and the queue was still down near the bank:eek:

they move through the queues so fast in the time it took you to get to town you would have gotten your food! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Went on Friday night about midnight, queue was just out the door, but was served within ten minutes. My local chipper takes that long when it's quiet!

Oh man, that Philly steak and cheesy pie was well worth the wait. Incredible.

Advertisement