Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Experience With UPC....

• 11-07-2012 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I've been Googling for people with my same problem and reading all of the horrible stories about UPC. I thought I would share my own.

I moved into a new apartment. The letting agency told me you could get internet here; but when I checked UPC's website - they said it wasn't available; even though my neighbors had it!

I called up and they said they could send a tech out - but couldn't promise I'd be able to get service.

They showed up on time. The tech was friendly and seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Took him about 15 minutes in total; he even took the time to replace the box inside the house, clean up the cables on the outside of the house and run the cable to the TV behind the furniture even though I hadn't done that when he showed up.

Everything I found on the internet talked about UPC's terrible customer service; so I wanted to offer a flip-side.

No problems at all. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. Tech was great and didn't leave until he had me verify I could get online. And the speeds are exactly what was advertised.

Comments

In most cases the technicians are sound, I've had about three out over the years and they were all fine. It's the CS on 1908 that's the main problem - that's my experience anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, fair play to you - very lucky. I've had significant problems with UPC in all 3 places I have lived in, the last two I had outages over 1 & 2 weeks. I find they are great when everything works but a bit of a nightmare when anything goes wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I'm another with no problem, 4-5 tech lads out over 2 months when I had problems but sorted out and everyone very polite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I only joined them 2 months ago Approx & have found them great to deal with so far.

I initially rang them and requested the following

(1) Two new digital points in two bedrooms

(2) One new line directly from their outside tap to where I wanted the router. I didn't want the broadband tapped off any of the existing points in the house.

The installers arrived as agreed & carried out the work exactly as I wanted it & there was a fair bit of cabling involved. Everything is working fine including the broadband speeds. I haven't had one drop in connection yet so am very happy with the service UPC provided me. :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I'm in the same lucky boat as the op
    Was waiting ages for my estate to be done and when it was ready I got it installed and no trouble in speeds or disconnects ,

FairPlay to this thread
    Because a lot of forums are just somewhere where people vent there bad experiences ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement