Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Style Refurbishment

• 11-07-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I am about to refurbish two strong old wood doors fitted to a garden shed that I been doing up for past week. I have retained the old sash windows and large metal door hinges.
    The stripping and painting of the woodwork etc is no problem as I know how to do that. However, each door is fitted on the inside by one of those large black locks : 7"x5"x1".....the kind that's accessed keywise through a keyhole in the timber door itself. Now the locks look to be in good nick but trouble is the keys have got lost over the years and my query is this.....if I remove the locks & clean them up & oil them etc is there somewhere in Dublin area that I could try with the hope of getting keys to fit ?
    My thanks in advance.

Advertisement