Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly Kid Joe & Duff McKagan's Loaded - The Academy

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

These 2 are playing The Academy on Saturday 3rd November

TICKETS ONLY 25EURO, on sale from Monday 16th July :D:D:D

Both bands are supporting Alice Cooper on his UK October Tour, shame The Coop wasn't coming too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ugly Kid Joe?

I thought he was dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ugly Kid Joe?

I thought he was dead!

Nah, not long reunited after a 13yr split.

Cracking line up there though, and for 25yo-yo's, happy days indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Really enjoyed Ugly Kid Joe at Download, and Loaded are really good, delighted Dublin Metal Events are putting this on, guessing MCD haven't tried to bring Alice on his own and DME are playing a blinder bringing the undercard for €25 - and a non local support too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will definitely attempt to hit this one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIBBS wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Ugly Kid Joe at Download, and Loaded are really good, delighted Dublin Metal Events are putting this on, guessing MCD haven't tried to bring Alice on his own and DME are playing a blinder bringing the undercard for €25 - and a non local support too

I reckon they would have tried but it's just not viable. Alice's production is huge (Hence a huge fee) and we don't really have the right sized venue.

Olympia is way too small, O2 is just too big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's not too small, it's the perfect size. An arena, like all the other dates in the UK on the tour. But I was at Alice Cooper's last UK arena tour in 07, and it wasn't exactly packed, despite Motorhead opening. So I can only imagine the size of the crowd here.

And Alice Cooper did actually play Dublin and Belfast last year, so it'll probably be a few more UK tours before he's here again unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Let's not forget Alice played Vicar St a few short years ago with pretty much a full production, so the Olympia would hardly be classed as way too small.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

blastman wrote: »
    Let's not forget Alice played Vicar St a few short years ago with pretty much a full production, so the Olympia would hardly be classed as way too small.....

No, cause he's bringing arena production on this tour. When he played Vicar Street the other venues in the UK were also theatre capacity that year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Both bands are also playing the Limelight on the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Anyone know who is headlining this? I would hope is as I can just roll in a bit later rather than having to get there early to see him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

It's a co-headliner as far as I know goblin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These guys are supporting on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Heaven's Basement are bloody great. I saw them at Download this year and they blew me away. I wasn't sure about heading to this gig but I'm going for definite now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LennyK

I'd rather leukemia than watch Ugly Kid Joe, but Duff's shows rock.
    I'd like to thing he's on last, so I can miss those Californian ponces. Then again, I could just leave after Loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

So what's the story...doors at 6, Heaven's Basement, then UKJ and then Loaded? I might not be able to make it in until after 8 so that had better be the way it's going to happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Haven't been to see Loaded before, do they put on a good show?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Heaven's Basement 6.30 - 7
    Duff McKagan's Loaded 7.30 - 8.30
    Ugly Kid Joe 9 - 10

Advertisement