Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iridology

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a Doctor/Healer in the Newtown area of Waterford City? This guy can tell if you have an illness etc by looking at your eyes. If anybody has a name/address it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

My mother was out with him before. Supposedly he's class. Ill ask her for the number when she gets home.
    He has some waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Thanks bradknowell, appreciate that

Here we go, she couldnt remember the number but sure, tisnt it on the interweb

http://www.davidburkeclinic.com/index.php?contentid=contact

best of luck with him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Thanks bradknowell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Before you hand over any money, bear in mind that iridology is a totally unproven method of determining the presence of disease.

It shouldn't be confused with the way ophthalmologists can genuinely tell a lot about the state of your health by looking at your retina (because it's full of blood vessels that can have different characteristics dependent on stuff like the hardening of the vascular walls or pressure being exerted from within the skull on the eyeball).

My two cents? Go and get an eye test off any reputable optician, and ask your GP to do a routine blood test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

David Bourke is the lads name. He is fantastic at what he does, not only idirology, but a sports phychology and hypnotist too. I attended some talks of David's, really great guy and really loves what he does ! but be aware there is a long waiting list to see him ! best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Never mind iridology op, I'm qualified in a much better and effective method of making medical diagnoses. All you need to do is send me your credit card details, and from them I can tell if anything is wrong and you need treatment. It's called "codology".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have some magic beans here that cure any sickness.

Ten beans for a fiver.

Nevermind Dan OP!

His methods are fake! I can guarantee you will get rich and healthy really quick if you just buy my 3 step book for just a single easy payment of 79.99!!

Then 12 easy payments of just 29.99!

Hurry while stocks last!

fricatus wrote: »
    Before you hand over any money, bear in mind that iridology is a totally unproven method of determining the presence of disease.

It shouldn't be confused with the way ophthalmologists can genuinely tell a lot about the state of your health by looking at your retina (because it's full of blood vessels that can have different characteristics dependent on stuff like the hardening of the vascular walls or pressure being exerted from within the skull on the eyeball).

My two cents? Go and get an eye test off any reputable optician, and ask your GP to do a routine blood test.
    It's the iris he looks at.
    Personally I'm not into that. Me mother went to him last year and then went onto get a stent that he recommended and when she went to a "proper" consultant that's what she needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Saw him about a year ago twice. Very nice guy, but wasn't impressed by his methodologies, or by his answers - they were either wrong in some cases, or wishy-washy. He didn't come close to diagnosing my problem and and I have no faith iridology as a method for determining illness. I think the diet suggestions he offers however might be of benefit in a general round-about way. Coeliac and Non-coeliac gluten-intolerance is a huge problem, and one greatly overlooked in the past decade - and many diets put forward by alternative practitioners will benefit the individual.

He may be a good motivational speaker, but he didn't instil any confidence in me in his ability to determine health issues. Speaking to him, he doesn't come across as someone looking to scam people so it would be unfair to attack his character. I believe he genuinely believes in his methods - but it's his methods I have problems with.

Can't offer a more honest answer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Also, be weary of anyone who uses the term 'healer'. There is no such thing as a healer. Nobody can heal illnesses. People can address the cause of illness, or offer relief guidance for the symptoms - but there are no 'healers'.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Also, be weary of anyone who uses the term 'healer'. There is no such thing as a healer. Nobody can heal illnesses. People can address the cause of illness, or offer relief guidance for the symptoms - but there are no 'healers'.

After all the things I tried over the years , yes dlofnep ain't lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

Nice bloke , he will give you a dietary advice on what foods don't agree with you and recommend what supplements to take . He does give a big motivational speach when you meet him first and things he says he has done . To be fair to the bloke am sure he helps some people , and has no effect on others!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

decies wrote: »
    Nice bloke , he will give you a dietary advice on what foods don't agree with you and recommend what supplements to take . He does give a big motivational speach when you meet him first and things he says he has done . To be fair to the bloke am sure he helps some people , and has no effect on others!!

If he is recommending unneccessary medical prodecures like the stent mentioned above that may not be the case. Iridology me eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

decies wrote: »
    Nice bloke , he will give you a dietary advice on what foods don't agree with you and recommend what supplements to take .

How does he determine which foods don't agree with someone? Is he a dietician, a doctor, a chemist or qualified in any science?

Advertisement