Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liner Due Tomorrow

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Nice looking cruise liner due in the bay tomorrow

MarcoPolo_IGB-88926.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I hope the new docks developement gets the go ahead without too much delay from the serial objectors. This could become a regular sight in Galway with the new port, liners able to berth so close to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

galwayrush wrote: »
    I hope the new docks developement gets the go ahead without too much delay from the serial objectors. This could become a regular sight in Galway with the new port, liners able to berth so close to the city centre.

where's the liner coming fom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

galwayrush wrote: »

Agree it would be great to see huge liners berthed in the docks, what a sight they would be and a tourist attraction as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Any idea what time it will be in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conaire1

Are'nt they dangerous? Could end up in Shop Street ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's been sitting out in the bay off Salthill since at least 6 this morning. As I went by it there at 10 the rescue chopper was around it and some other small craft.

To kick off some generic internet prurience, has anyone heard anything on the grapevine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

at least its a bit bigger than the bath tub they were raving about a couple months ago. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

News

CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER SAFELY TRANSFERRED TO UHG

July 12, 2012 - 11:11am CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER SAFELY TRANSFERRED TO UHG

An elderly woman has been airlifted from a cruise ship in Galway Bay to Galway University Hospital.
    In the past hour the Shannon based Sikorsky Coastguard Rescue Helicopter has safely transferred the woman to hospital where she is undergoing treatment.
    The woman is a passenger on the holiday cruise liner The Marco Polo and is believed to be suffering from cardiac problems.
    The coast guard was altered to the incident at seven minutes past 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

P223-EmeraldIsDisc.jpg

The Cruise Liner Marco Polo is on a 12 nights Round Britain & Ireland Cruise details here.

(P.S. I hope their navigation is better than their geography in the link above, they think Derry is in Britain !)

She was originally the Алекса́ндр Пу́шкин (Alexander Pushkin), a Soviet liner launched in 1965 and running on the Lenningrad to Montreal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Going out the bay this afternoon, i'll bring the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Picture from Grattan Road this morning

P1020062.jpg

Advertisement