Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity customer service and billing

Options
  • 11-07-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if there is a similar thread on this but I would like to gauge people's opinions of airtricity.

I have recently moved home and was transferring my account to my new home. I called gave my new MPRN/GPRN and my final readings from my old place. Should be relatively straight forward I thought.

My final bill should have been about 100 euros, got a bill for 200, they had included 2 closing account early charges (not sure why 2 for 1 account but should have been none). Rang got a customer service agent she confirmed my account was transferred charges were an error and all would be sorted.

New bill with one extra 50 euro closing account charge so called again. This time some guy kept me online for 25 mins going through bills details etc and said he could not find my transfer details, so asked for my MPRN/GPRN again. I did not have in front of me at work, so have to call back again with these. In mean time I have now been sent two other bills one for 400 and one superseding that for nearly 600, charging me for units I have used since I moved in eventhough most was paid earlier on 2 bills received, 2 closing account charges back in again. I owe 100 which I am happy to pay but how can they get so much wrong?

I have been on the phone to them for over 2 hrs this week and the confusion at the other end is getting worse not better, and I dont even want to get into the wait times and ridiculous automated phone menu.

From a quick look online and talking to work mates it seems to be pretty common, absolute cock-ups on billing.

The billing section on the website is pretty incomprehensible also a dozen line items when all i am paying for is electricity. And every time i have checked the data looks different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Write to them and say you are making a 'formal complaint'. I'd register it if I was you.

Work out what you think you owe them, tell them thats what they are getting. Give details of the day you called, when you transferred service etc.

Give them 10 days to issue with a letter telling you the account is closed in the old place and there is no money now owed. Tell them if this is not sorted you will proceed to the energy regulator if your complaint is not sorted in that time frame.

Tell them as this is a formal complaint, you will now only deal in writing, e-mail, if it suit you or letters other wise.

Cancel DD, if you can, not sure if its a condition of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Write to them and say you are making a 'formal complaint'. I'd register it if I was you.

Work out what you think you owe them, tell them thats what they are getting. Give details of the day you called, when you transferred service etc.

Give them 10 days to issue with a letter telling you the account is closed in the old place and there is no money now owed. Tell them if this is not sorted you will proceed to the energy regulator if your complaint is not sorted in that time frame.

Tell them as this is a formal complaint, you will now only deal in writing, e-mail, if it suit you or letters other wise.

Cancel DD, if you can, not sure if its a condition of service.

Thanks, I have emailed my complaints too so as to have a record.

But I think what you suggest may be most wise course of action.

I do think it is just crap IT and general malaise/indifference in customer service rather than anything else and if I could catch someone who gives a damn it would be quickly sorted. I was really wondering had anyone else encountered this and how they resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't turn this thread into a general rant about Airtricity. Please stick to the Consumer Issue at hand and post only specific advice.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

dudara wrote: »
    Please don't turn this thread into a general rant about Airtricity. Please stick to the Consumer Issue at hand and post only specific advice.

dudara

Apologies. Should really have read charter.

They have actually remedied my bill and home transfer details today, so I guess persistence does get results. Thnaks for comments, can close thread now I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement