Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Group Buy 2012..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭BeautifulLoser

All of the above are now added..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Sorry about the delay in replying.
    If its not too late I'll change my order to

1 x 0.5lb Java Nica
    1 x 0.5lb Limu Union
    1 x 0.5lb Doyo

Thanks again!

Doodee wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay in replying.
    If its not too late I'll change my order to

1 x 0.5lb Java Nica
    1 x 0.5lb Limu Union
    1 x 0.5lb Doyo

Thanks again!

No problem. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Sorry about the delay can you replace the Sugar Glider with Summer Solstice Blend 12oz 18$ and also add El Gallo ORGANIC BREAKFAST BLEND 12oz @ $15

So new order is
    Classic Espresso BLACK CAT PROJECT 12oz $15
    Sugar Glider ESPRESSO 12oz $18 Gone <--NO longer available
    Intelligentsia HOUSE BLEND 1lb $18
    Summer Solstice Blend 12oz $18
    El Gallo Organic 12oz $15
    Total $66 + shipping

Thanks

raytaxi wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay can you replace the Sugar Glider with Summer Solstice Blend 12oz 18$ and also add El Gallo ORGANIC BREAKFAST BLEND 12oz @ $15

So new order is
    Classic Espresso BLACK CAT PROJECT 12oz $15
    Sugar Glider ESPRESSO 12oz $18 Gone <--NO longer available
    Intelligentsia HOUSE BLEND 1lb $18
    Summer Solstice Blend 12oz $18
    El Gallo Organic 12oz $15
    Total $66 + shipping

Thanks

No worries, that's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is the order gone in on this, or still time? If there's still time, can you put me down for 1/2 pound of each of the following:

- Black Cat
    - House Blend
    - Doyo

If I'm too late, no worries.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is the order gone in on this, or still time? If there's still time, can you put me down for 1/2 pound of each of the following:

- Black Cat
    - House Blend
    - Doyo

If I'm too late, no worries.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Wigsy

Can you swop my sugar glider for 12oz summer solstice and 12 oz house blend please ?

Can you swop my sugar glider for 12oz summer solstice and 12 oz house blend please ?

• Advertisement

Added

Fantastic - thanks.

Wigsy wrote: »

That's done now

Excellent news. The most generous folk at Intelligentsia are going to waive the entire shipping costs for us.

Many many thanks to Stephen @ Intelli.

I should be contacted shortly be someone in Customer Services and we'll take things from there.

Updated spreadsheet to follow.

If anyone knows Mr Magnolia can you let him know that one of his coffees is unavailable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Excellent news. The most generous folk at Intelligentsia are going to waive the entire shipping costs for us.

Many many thanks to Stephen @ Intelli.

Thats a great result. Really appreciate you looking after this BeautifulLoser. Kudos to Stephen for looking after us again!

That's done now

Thanks, house blend showing on spreadsheet but 12oz summer solstice not showing for me. Can you include this? Thanks for the great news on the postage and for arranging all this.

Thanks, house blend showing on spreadsheet but 12oz summer solstice not showing for me. Can you include this? Thanks for the great news on the postage and for arranging all this.

Sorry, misread your post. That's updated now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You can drop the finca off my order if it isn't available thanks!

Order is now submitted so no more changes or additions!

Now we play the waiting/hoping we don't get stung for customs game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

I'm getting fierce thirsty for this :)

I thought i was the only one getting thirsty:D.

Right, no tracking link yet but the money has just come off my credit card which is a good sign that the coffee is on its way..

I've updated the spreadsheet with the euro amounts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How do you want payment?

I'm guessing this should have happened by now to ensure that you don't get stuck with people not paying up.

adrian522 wrote: »
    How do you want payment?

I'm guessing this should have happened by now to ensure that you don't get stuck with people not paying up.

I said at the beginning that cash on collection was fine by me (mind you, I didn't think we were going to order €600 of coffee at the time ;) )..so I'll stick with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Regular Latte

I said at the beginning that cash on collection was fine by me (mind you, I didn't think we were going to order €600 of coffee at the time ;) )..so I'll stick with that.

This is great. Thanks! Was there a meet-up/collection planned?

Also, are you sure your euro exchange is the same as what your credit card is charging? No one would want you out of pocket - plus we all might want to add a little extra to the total becuase your card will charge you a transaction fee (not to mention your trouble in sorting the group buy).

This is great. Thanks! Was there a meet-up/collection planned?

Also, are you sure your euro exchange is the same as what your credit card is charging? No one would want you out of pocket - plus we all might want to add a little extra to the total becuase your card will charge you a transaction fee (not to mention your trouble in sorting the group buy).

Thanks, the amount I have on the spreadsheet is the actual amount in euro that hit my credit card (I worked out the rate from that) so no worries there.

No meet-up planned yet. I would expect our coffee to be roasted yesterday or today and to be shipped on the same day. Once I have a tracking number we should be in a better position to make a plan. Then there's still a chance that customs will hold on to our package for a few days.

Once I get a tracking link I'll be back in touch..

Thanks for all the work put into this and looking forward to trying it :D:D, not long now i hope

Right, just got an email from Intelli - apparently there was a problem with some auto-notification system and I didn't get a link that I should have..

anyway, the coffee's in Germany as of last night via UPS!

I've pm'd everyone with a URL and tracking number (I have it in my head that I shouldn't make it available publicly)

Soon..

Looking good :D

Was just checking if VAT was due on our order looks like a no, going by revenue here's the link i checked it on
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/rates/decision-detail-01927.jsp
    Hopefully i'm right :D

Package is in Dublin..so I rang them up and they said it's definitely out for delivery today..sometime before 7pm.

I'll keep you posted.

The F5 key was getting worn out here in my excitement - don't like this update :(

Dublin, Ireland 08/24/2012 12:03 P.M. The receiver's address is incomplete. UPS is attempting to obtain the entire address and complete the delivery. / Delivery rescheduled.

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »
    The F5 key was getting worn out here in my excitement - don't like this update :(

Dublin, Ireland 08/24/2012 12:03 P.M. The receiver's address is incomplete. UPS is attempting to obtain the entire address and complete the delivery. / Delivery rescheduled.

Ok, rang them. Expecting a call back by 2pm at the latest. Apparently Crumlin was in the Company Name field and they couldn't work it out. Angry. Very angry.

Will keep you posted.

Bad news: they can't deliver today

Good news: I'm going to pick it up

Right, have coffee

Right, have coffee

Fantastic - I'm worryingly excited about this coffee :D Let us know what the best way to collect and pay up is.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Fantastic - I'm worryingly excited about this coffee :D Let us know what the best way to collect and pay up is.

I'm at home this evening if anyone wants to pop around to collect.

Cash is good.

Pm me for details..

Thanks again for doing all the work on this, now some nice coffee to try :D

Cash is good.

Pm me for details..

Thanks for letting me pick up yesterday evening. Just been tucking into my Black Cat espresso today - really enjoying it straight whilst the wife is loving it in milk.

Will definitely open one of the ethiopians tomorrow.

Cash is good.

Pm me for details..

Thanks again for organising, and for the cappuccino lesson :) Looking forward to cracking open a bag tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Regular Latte

Thanks BL. I appreciate the time and effort to pull all this together.

Really nice to meet you. Hope we can have a group meet sometime soon....

• Advertisement

Right, 9 down, 4 to go.

How do the rest of you want to do this? I can propose any of the following..

1. Pick up at my house
    2. If you want to pay by paypal etc I can leave the coffee somewhere central (3fe as long as they don't mind)
    3. My wife works in Dublin 1 Monday to Friday and you could pick up from here if that suited

Let me know and we can try to work something out!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks again to BeautifulLoser and also to raytaxi who kindly picked up my coffee for me!

Thanks again BeautifulLoser for organising this.

Intelligentsia is still as masterfully roasted as I remember: Ethiopian is nearly gone already!

When's the next group buy? ;)

Thanks again coffee going down very well. Everyone thats had House Blend keeps asking for more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Right, 9 down, 4 to go.

How do the rest of you want to do this? I can propose any of the following..

1. Pick up at my house
    2. If you want to pay by paypal etc I can leave the coffee somewhere central (3fe as long as they don't mind)
    3. My wife works in Dublin 1 Monday to Friday and you could pick up from here if that suited

Let me know and we can try to work something out!
    I should be able to pick up mine some evening during the week.

Ethiopian is a total winner in the Chemex... Aeropress / espresso not doing a whole lot for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Just tried the Black Cat Organic espresso and there's no complaints here!
    Thanks again BeautifulLoser, lovely to meet you and yours too.

Since the Spring Group Buy was such a roaring success I thought it might be an idea to give a summer one a go.. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to do all the ground work on this one if people are interested.

I would propose a quick turn around on this one to get the ball rolling again.

A tentative schedule:

Friday 13/07/12 - Decide on where to buy from
    Sunday 22/07/12 - Last orders
    Monday 23/07/12 - Do the buying

So, are people interested? And if so, where do you recommend?

I'll start the ball rolling with the tried and tested:
    http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/products/coffee

BeautifulLoser

That's it, all the coffee has now been collected. It was good to meet/catch up with people in the group.

Hope you're all enjoying the coffee..

BeautifulLoser

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭jdburkedjburke

Missed it

Ristretto and a double this morning of the Black Cat... so, so good. Yum.

Advertisement