Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad2 keeps crashing

• 11-07-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭

:(:(

My refurbished iPad 2 arrived today. First I sycned all my apps etc from my iPhone 4 but it kept crashing or apps wouldn't open - I'd click on the app and get booted to the home screen so I assumed it was something I had installed that wasn't compatible. I reset it to factory settings and updated to 5.1.1 like it asked. I downloaded bejewelled blitz and tried to play a few times but it hung/froze and I had to reboot so I took it off.. As it stands all i have installed is SkyFire and Angry Birds seasons and it's still crapping out randomly.I was just looking at photos from my photo stream and it died twice. It either freezes with an app open and has to be rebooted, shows the spiny timer thing then gets a black screen then back to the home screen or black screen, apple logo and it boots up after a few mins. Is there some noob thing I don't know about? My iPhone has never crashed! :(

Edit - and it just crashed again 2 mins after I posted! Spinning timer, apple logo and eventually home screen :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try restoring it and setting it up as a new iPad using iTunes. Don't sync any of your existing apps or content. If the problems continue: you got a lemon, send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

But I wanted an apple not a lemon! ;) Thanks I'll try that.

:( They're refunding me and coming to collect it! Trying to decide now if I should stump up the extra €100 and just get an ipad 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

tk123 wrote: »
    :( They're refunding me and coming to collect it! Trying to decide now if I should stump up the extra €100 and just get an ipad 3!
    Why not just get it replaced?

TommyGun wrote: »

They wouldn't replace it because it was a refurb - only refund and let me order again. I'll probably get the 3 today - I don't think I have the patience to order and wait again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

tk123 wrote: »

They wouldn't replace it because it was a refurb - only refund and let me order again. I'll probably get the 3 today - I don't think I have the patience to order and wait again :pac:

They have to replace it if you op for it.
    http://www.nca.ie/nca/faulty-goods

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have to replace it if you op for it.
    http://www.nca.ie/nca/faulty-goods

They have to repair, replace or refund. Seeing as they might not get one for weeks again, they refund.

Advertisement