Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something fresh anybody?

• 11-07-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

I'm 21 and in Dublin,with past bend experience but looking to start something new and upbeat.I can't really describe the sound i'm looking for,Half of that falls into place in rehearsals i guess.My main genre would be Alternative and post rock however i often slide towards The Smiths or Dire Straits sound wise.Mash them together and you get what i'm after.

As i said i'm 21,age isn't really much of a big deal,20-30 i suppose is a guideline but is irrelevant overall.Group participation is important to me,i'd like everyone to get involved in everything and be on the same level,nothing is worse than a band with a little Hitler.

Looking for
    Another Guitarist
    Bassist
    Drummer
    Vocalist

Main influences
    Sigur Ros,Circa Survive,Radiohead,Explosions in the Sky,The Smiths,City and Colour etc etc (Not important,i change frequently)]

Cheeeeeeers
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ross93

Hi there drummer and bass based dublin 13 what part dublin you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 bluesteele

ross93 wrote: »
    Hi there drummer and bass based dublin 13 what part dublin you in?
    Tallaght myself,transport isn't a problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ross93

Alright cool,we practice in Kilbarrack if you're interested in getting together for a jam give me a shout and I'll send you the address of where we practise

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lucysh

Hey
    Im a female vocalist, based in dublin 3. Id have quite a similar taste in music as yourself, very into the idea of equal group participation in a band also. Currently jamming a bit with a guitarist, think we are definitely looking to expand our setup though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ethereal Dreame

Hello, I'm a vocalist based in city centre. That sounds awesome!

Oh, I'm 28. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ulveren

Hi there, bluesteele,

19 year old guitarist from Dublin, want to play with others badly :)
    Am proficient on acoustic and electric guitar and across a myriad of styles (Blues, Alt Rock, Soul and Jazz).

Influences: Neil Young, John Lennon, Aretha Franklin, Igor Stravinsky, Radiohead, The Smiths, John Mayall, etc....

I'll send you a PM with more information.

Advertisement