Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

morton wrote: »
    Where would we find out which motels are out of action? I can't see anything on their website. I've one parcel sitting in Belfast and was looking forward to getting the magic text later :(

My show in transit and checked in since yesterday. I had to call them for an update twice first time I was told it would be there today and second time round they told me about the failure but seemed to be blaming Vodafone and not taking any responsibility for it frown.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone expecting a delivery today/tomorrow 17 of their motels are down and they have no ETA on when they'll be back. I was due 3 items today and can't collect or redirect them as they out for delivery but can't say when they'll be delivered :mad:

I've used them a couple of times before and found the service excellent but the true making of a company or service is how they handle problems and with no notice on the website or email( I inquired and was told they couldn't possibly email every one :eek:) it's poor service IMHO

FWIW I'm using the Sallins motel

Why can't they email every one? Tweet, Facebook or post here? Can't be that difficult to contact people...

No problems reported here -

https://twitter.com/davidcochrane/status/322327138395099136

They seemed to think they would have to notify everyone individually :eek: and I didn't really want to get into it with them no apologies just a flat nothing we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Just onto them there and Lucan is OK for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I wonder is if they're reading this, notification put up on Facebook just now;

Dear Customers

We are currently working with our mobile data service provider to resolve an issue that is affecting the following Parcel Motels -
    Lucan Texaco, Grand Canal Dock Spar, Clonsilla Road Spar, Airside Texaco, Milltown Spar, Cornelscourt Texaco, Raheny Texaco, The Square Tallaght Topaz, Donabate Lissenhall Topaz, Castleknock Spar, Templeogue Topaz, Citywest Browns Barn Topaz, Sallins Supervalu, Portmarnock Texaco, Cabra Topaz, Glasnevin Cemetery Topaz.

NO other Parcel Motels are affected at this time and are working normally. We hope to have the problem fixed very soon and we will post here when normal service resumes.

If you use one of these Motels and you have already received a PIN notification by email or text, then you can retrieve your parcel as normal. If you are waiting on a parcel that has been checked in at either of our receiving centres and you have not yet received a PIN by email or text then please bear with us and you will receive your email and text as soon as we have fixed the communications problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Advertisement

Just onto them there and Lucan is OK for now

Lucan would suit me too but I can't change motel now that they're out for delivery. I've mailed CS for an update I don't mind the delay it's the lack of info and flexibility that gets me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

We are currently working with our mobile data service provider to resolve an issue that is affecting the following 16 Parcel Motels -
    Lucan Texaco, Grand Canal Dock Spar, Clonsilla Road Spar, Airside Texaco, Milltown Spar, Cornelscourt Texaco, Raheny Texaco, The Square Tallaght Topaz, Donabate Lissenhall Topaz, Castleknock Spar, Templeogue Topaz, Citywest Browns Barn Topaz, Sallins Supervalu, Portmarnock Texaco, Cabra Topaz and Glasnevin Cemetery Topaz.

NO other Parcel Motels are affected at this time and are working normally.

We hope to have the problem fixed very soon ans we will post here when normal service resumes.

If you use one of these Motels and you have already received a PIN notification by email or text then you can retrieve your parcel as normal. If you are waiting on a parcel that has been checked in at either of our receiving centres, please bear with us and you will receive your email and text as soon as we have fixed the communications problem.

flyguy wrote: »
    I wonder is if they're reading this, notification put up on Facebook just now;

Dear Customers

We are currently working with our mobile data service provider to resolve an issue that is affecting the following Parcel Motels -
    Lucan Texaco, Grand Canal Dock Spar, Clonsilla Road Spar, Airside Texaco, Milltown Spar, Cornelscourt Texaco, Raheny Texaco, The Square Tallaght Topaz, Donabate Lissenhall Topaz, Castleknock Spar, Templeogue Topaz, Citywest Browns Barn Topaz, Sallins Supervalu, Portmarnock Texaco, Cabra Topaz, Glasnevin Cemetery Topaz.

NO other Parcel Motels are affected at this time and are working normally. We hope to have the problem fixed very soon and we will post here when normal service resumes.

If you use one of these Motels and you have already received a PIN notification by email or text, then you can retrieve your parcel as normal. If you are waiting on a parcel that has been checked in at either of our receiving centres and you have not yet received a PIN by email or text then please bear with us and you will receive your email and text as soon as we have fixed the communications problem.

At least it's up but they waited until their promise of next business day delivery was broken. Their rep confirmed they've been aware of the issue since last night when drivers couldn't deliver to the motels.

At least it's up but they waited until their promise of next business day delivery was broken. Their rep confirmed they've been aware of the issue since last night when drivers couldn't deliver to the motels.

In pm's defence, I haven't seen a next business day delivery -or any kind of time scale for that matter- promise made by PM ever. We're all used to it but haven't seen it guaranteed...
    Also they found out last night, so I guess they were busy today trying to fix it ASAP and dependant on other parties (vodafone if i read correctly) so that would limit it to business hours as well. As far as I can see no promise broken, maybe a little annoying for those affected. Also it wouldn't surprise me if you still get your stuff quicker than had it been shipped from UK seller direct to your home.

I can confirm that we did not know about this last night and no deliveries have been affected as yet. It is a communication error only and the problem is currently being fixed.

• Advertisement

In pm's defence, I haven't seen a next business day delivery -or any kind of time scale for that matter- promise made by PM ever. We're all used to it but haven't seen it guaranteed...
    Also they found out last night, so I guess they were busy today trying to fix it ASAP and dependant on other parties (vodafone if i read correctly) so that would limit it to business hours as well..

The delivery time is stated in their FAQ http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html
    As soon as we receive your parcel we will put it into your chosen Parcel Motel within 1 working day.
    It's a new enough service so I guess they're still learning but you would expect with so many outlets they would have a decent SLA with Vodafone and some monitoring in place to alert for widespread outages.
    I can confirm that we did not know about this last night and no deliveries have been affected as yet. It is a communication error only and the problem is currently being fixed.

I'm only going on what I was told on the phone but your rep may have been referring to the driver that he discovered it when he couldn't deliver to the motel last night.

In case anyone gets me wrong I'm very happy with PM and think it's a great service I just feel initially this could of been handled a bit better but since Orla's involvement it's been spot on.

The delivery time is stated in their FAQ http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html

Thanks, never seen that there before (and I've read it a lot;-). So it's new or I've always missed it. Good to know anyway!

Looks like it's back in business just got my texts :)

All Parcel Motels communicating now and back to normal. Thanks everyone for bearing with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Im registered and already used the free drops. Id prefer pay as you go, but do I have to top up by 10 euro if I only need 1 drop? or how does pay as you go work?

Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Corholio wrote: »
    Im registered and already used the free drops. Id prefer pay as you go, but do I have to top up by 10 euro if I only need 1 drop? or how does pay as you go work?

Thanks for reading.

Register credit card. Then you erm... pay as you go? It's all in the FAQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Achilles wrote: »
    Register credit card. Then you erm... pay as you go? It's all in the FAQ.

Card is registred but when i click top up it brings me where it shows my balance is 0 and i can add money and the minimum is 10? I cant remember if I chose pay as you go or top up, is there a way to change it? Surly i dont have to delete my card details and register it again?

Edit: Wait if i get a parcel delivered and my card is registered, will it take the money out automatically? I dont have to choose an option on the site or anything?

Corholio wrote: »
    Edit: Wait if i get a parcel delivered and my card is registered, will it take the money out automatically? I dont have to choose an option on the site or anything?

Exactly.

If you have a card registered you should be set up pay-as-you-go, so you're charged per use. Afaik the way to change between the 2 is as you said, register a card for pay-go, unregister/delete for top-up use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

The obvious thing for parcel motel to do is give a 3 stays for 10 euro top up. So anyone buying one stay will pay for 3 and might or might not ever use it.

Just like gym membership.

How about it Parcel Motel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Before i switched to payg i found that if i had motel credit i was going out of my way to find something to buy using it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

Dose PM work weekends? when should i expect an item that was delivered to Antrim depot this morning, to arrive at Dublin?

Edit: NVM read the FAQ, they do work weekends, and could possibly arrive on sunday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just signed up to ParcelMotel last night. Was given 2 free drops (pretty cool of parcelmotel to give this)

The item I got from Amazon was €12 and Amazon was asking for just under €12 to ship it to Ireland :rolleyes: So it was a no-brainer to use this service.
    So not only did I save 8.50 on shipping but if I bought the item in shops over here it would have cost me €50. Again, no brainer to buy online and through PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

ECEng wrote: »
    Dose PM work weekends? when should i expect an item that was delivered to Antrim depot this morning, to arrive at Dublin?

Edit: NVM read the FAQ, they do work weekends, and could possibly arrive on sunday! :D

Received the package on the same day it was delivered to Antrim! Great job by PM, already informed every one i know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

It has now been a month since we " Found " the Castlebar PM?
    What is the delay?
    Can you Engineers not find its location?
    7 - 10 day comissioning??

FaganJr wrote: »
    What is the delay?

I really do wish that people would stop posting stuff like this. Parcel Motel aren't going out of their way to insult you by not having a local Motel ready.

Nightline are also under no obligation to provide this service in any area yet choose to as they start to make a steady profit on the already existing business.

Cool your jets... it'll be ready when it's ready. No I don't work for Parcel Motel and I'm not affiliated with them in any way I'm a very happy user of the service and I really am sick of people posting stuff like that in this thread.

Before I knew they existed they were nowhere near me... did I try and kick up a fuss about it? No I got on with my life and waited to be able to use the service, barely giving it a second thought.

Grow up... please.

What is the delay?

Only recently PM posted this regarding questions about new PM locations:
    The Parcel Motel at ***** is currently being commissioned and tested. This can take up to 2 weeks so please bear with us as our installation crew is working as fast as they can to get the new locations up and running.

It can take longer if problems are encountered...

Achilles wrote: »
    Grow up... please.

I'm here to talk to the Reps, not the Groupies, thanks all the same for your wisdom!

Only recently PM posted this regarding questions about new PM locations:

It can take longer if problems are encountered...

It has been 5 weeks and nobody from PM has even been near it, Fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It has been 5 weeks and nobody from PM has even been near it, Fact!

Have you actually been watching it 24/7 for 5 weeks ??? :P

Wow you must really be in need of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement