Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

eamonnq wrote: »
    Have you actually been watching it 24/7 for 5 weeks ??? :P

Wow you must really be in need of it.

No I have people for that! :cool:

I'm far too busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

FaganJr wrote: »
    Welll quite by accident I found the Castlebar PM

And I have to plead with PM reps that it is possibly one of the worst locations I could think of for it! Very central to town but out of the way at the same time!

Its located at the rear of Stauntons Pharmacy & The Art Shop off Main street, in Stauntons car Park!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even sure that car park is open at night!

Thoughts from Castlebar people??

2 weeks and 2 days since YOU found it ??

Or did one of your people find it before you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

eamonnq wrote: »
    2 weeks and 2 days since YOU found it ??

Or did one of your people find it before you ??

Obviously when I say 'I' , I didn't want to come across all Neuveo Riche and say I had people do my bidding,

Anyways that particular PM was delivered a couple of weeks previous and people couldn't find it! Hence the 5 weeks statement.

Are we cool Brother?

Are we cool Brother?

You are cool :cool: , not sure about me, but I have a parcel motel fully functioning around the corner from my house so am happy enough!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Just a quick query. My brother ordered something from the UK last Wednesday. No sign of it at PM and when I checked a receipt he printed it had the right address up to where it said Ireland instead of United Kingdom. Is this likely to cause a delay? I've used my OH's motel a few times and things have just arrived more quickly than this. Thoughts?

Edit: I see others have had problems. Have your packages arrived? As I said the address and post code is all correct for the Newtownabbey address but it says Ireland instead of United Kingdom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

It has been 5 weeks and nobody from PM has even been near it, Fact!

Well I'm not PM either, but there have been other locations with problems with leases or permits or whatever, so it might be paperwork instead of technical. Whatever reason my guess would too be they're not doing it to annoy you, also not likely it's in their business model to place expensive units in location without intention of using them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Just a quick query. My brother ordered something from the UK last Wednesday. No sign of it at PM and when I checked a receipt he printed it had the right address up to where it said Ireland instead of United Kingdom. Is this likely to cause a delay? I've used my OH's motel a few times and things have just arrived more quickly than this. Thoughts?

Edit: I see others have had problems. Have your packages arrived? As I said the address and post code is all correct for the Newtownabbey address but it says Ireland instead of United Kingdom.

Just guessing here but if it says Ireland instead of uk (or Northern Ireland) I doubt that will create problems as long as postcode is correct, it may cause some delay getting there. Did you not get a tracking number? Just checking but I assume your brother ordered in his own name and pmid or if he used your pmid he's also addressed it in your name? If the name doesn't match the pmid that's where your problem is (they will have accepted it but, wont send it on until they figure out who it's for).
    I've ordered some stuff myself last week, but my items haven't even been shipped yet... I assume your item is confirmed as shipped by the seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Thanks. It's his own PMID. He received a shipping notification alright which he printed to show me, that's when I spotted that the Address said Ireland. Just wondering really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone ever used dolphins barn? Mine arrived last night and the mother has offered to pick it up for me but I've no idea where to actually send her. Is it inside the shop? My first parcel motel use so I've no idea how the pick up works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone ever used dolphins barn? Mine arrived last night and the mother has offered to pick it up for me but I've no idea where to actually send her. Is it inside the shop? My first parcel motel use so I've no idea how the pick up works. :)

It's usually outside for 24/7 access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

it's right between the car wash and the shop of the petrol station on the canal and the road to crumlin

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

From experience does anyone know if I can expect an item in Dublin this evening that was checked in in Belfast at 1pm today? Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

One more question. Its my first time using the new mobile site. Does the status only show 'Checked in: Belfast' & 'Delivered: With customer' or will it say when the item is in transit or out for delivery in between? Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    One more question. Its my first time using the new mobile site. Does the status only show 'Checked in: Belfast' & 'Delivered: With customer' or will it say when the item is in transit or out for delivery in between? Thanks....

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Qwerty Dub wrote: »

it will say "in Transit"

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Any plans for a Motel in North Cork (Mallow, Chareville etc.)? Huge populous there, but closest Motel is Cork city.

I see there's a already three in Cork city (and Mahon about to open), one in Midleton and another in Ballincollig

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi,
    I see a parcel motel in Carrick on shannon the last few weeks. I'm interested in using the system.....when will this be commissioned/put in use?

Waiting for a package all day. Was out somewhere and was driving home around 9.30pm up past my Parcel Motel and got the text to say my parcel was there when I was about 500m away from driving past. Love it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Has anyone had any experience with a lost package with them?

A package was delivered to them without my PMID so it was never forwarded on to me, I was wondering how long does it take for them to find it and have it sent on after I let them know of the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I had one go astray but it had my PMID on it. It was showing as checked in and its location as Belfast though. I'm guessing you don't see it without the PMID on it? I emailed them at customerservice@parcelmotel.com to ask where it was and they located it pretty quick and I had it the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I only email them a few minutes ago and I already got a response saying they located it and it should be in my local Parcel Motel tonight.

Thats fast! Particularly when the problem wasn't even their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

I got a text that my parcels stay has bounced ( I was in hospital and couldnt collect it) what happens now?

*Edit* sorted, I emailed them and they sorted it for me, and because of the circumstances didn't get charged for the stay.. reply in less than 5 minutes, I'm a very happy customer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How long does a package stay in a drop off? ... 24 hours right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

How long does a package stay in a drop off? ... 24 hours right?

48 hrs. But it seems slightly flexible as I got a text at 8am on Sat and couldn't get to the locker until 1pm on the Monday. It was still there and I was only charged one stay (€3.50). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Any update on motel situation in Tullamore ?
    Recently installs motel at Loughreys Bar is closed????
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just wondering, if I have a parcel delivered and thers not enough credit in my account do you automatically take it from the registered card? And what does this show up as on a bank statement? I have a transaction for €0.50 on my Laser card from POS FIRST EXPRESS but googling it gives me very little information, only that there is a first express address on jamestown road but its not the same address as Nightline. Im thinking I may have got a parcel with only €3.00 in my PM account and they took the €0.50 from my Laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I don't believe they take money from your card, just from your PM balance and will notify you if you do not have enough credit for a stay.

POS FIRST EXPRESS seems to be http://www.pos.com.my/pos/homepage.aspx Malaysia Post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

CombatCow wrote: »
    I don't believe they take money from your card, just from your PM balance and will notify you if you do not have enough credit for a stay.

POS FIRST EXPRESS seems to be http://www.pos.com.my/pos/homepage.aspx Malaysia Post ?

I think the POS stands for Point Of Sale which means it was used in a shop and not an ATM. So the business name would be First Express. I have contacted my bank anyway to investigate as a POS sale of such a small amount from an unknown business looks suspicious. Maybe they were testing the card.

• Advertisement

Slunk wrote: »
    I think the POS stands for Point Of Sale which means it was used in a shop and not an ATM. So the business name would be First Express. I have contacted my bank anyway to investigate as a POS sale of such a small amount from an unknown business looks suspicious. Maybe they were testing the card.

Am sure that that is Nightline / Parcel Motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement