Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

On further investigation it could be them.

http://esearch.oami.europa.eu/copla/applicant/data/334496;jsessionid=37A123C718548DF7327C478E6BCC5192.esearch2

Just, when I topped up my account using my Laser it showed on my statement as Parcel Motel / Nightline.

So this means the do take funds from the registered card if they are not in your acount, which I have no problem with. Was just confused about the name on my bank statement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any plans for a Motel in North Cork (Mallow, Chareville etc.)? Huge populous there, but closest Motel is Cork city.

I see there's a already three in Cork city (and Mahon about to open), one in Midleton and another in Ballincollig

Thanks.
    Mallow could definitely do with one ,it's the largest postal area in the country and historically known as the crossroads of Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Hi guys, what do I put in for the phone number when I register on a UK site? I know Parcel Motel provides a UK address but do I put my mobile number as the phone number? I think it expects a UK phone number format so I'm not sure what to put.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone else having problems funding their account via Paypal? I've tried twice, both times it says it was unsuccessful and I now have 2 payments to Parcel Motel pending on my Paypal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Zardoz wrote: »
    Mallow could definitely do with one ,it's the largest postal area in the country and historically known as the crossroads of Munster.

Pity the crossroads of Munster doesn't have a Topaz station. Aren't all the Parcel Motel's located at Topaz stations?

Maybe Charleville has one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Aren't all the Parcel Motel's located at Topaz stations?

No

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Slunk wrote: »
    Just wondering, if I have a parcel delivered and thers not enough credit in my account do you automatically take it from the registered card? And what does this show up as on a bank statement? I have a transaction for €0.50 on my Laser card from POS FIRST EXPRESS but googling it gives me very little information, only that there is a first express address on jamestown road but its not the same address as Nightline. Im thinking I may have got a parcel with only €3.00 in my PM account and they took the €0.50 from my Laser?

Not sure if that transaction is PM or not, but from my understating (and reported by others) if you have a CC registered to your account PM will charge it when they need to (insufficient balance etc). If you only use top-up on your account there shouldnt be a card registered. You can unregister the card if you want to change it.

Have a question myself, have an oversized package waiting for me in finglas depot (suspected it would be oversized and still no additional charge so happy about that). If I can't pick it up within 2 days from the depot is there an additional stay charged like in the motels, don't think there is, but anyone know for sure? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Pity the crossroads of Munster doesn't have a Topaz station. Aren't all the Parcel Motel's located at Topaz stations?

Maybe Charleville has one?

Sorry Mallow does have a Topaz 24 hour station. Can't believe there isn't a Parcel Motel there.

Sorry Mallow does have a Topaz 24 hour station. Can't believe there isn't a Parcel Motel there.
    Hopefully one will open soon .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Does anyone know how they deal with registered post i.e. stuff that has to be signed for?
    Do they accept it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Phoebas wrote: »
    Does anyone know how they deal with registered post i.e. stuff that has to be signed for?
    Do they accept it?

Stuff from Flubit needs to be signed for AFAIK. No problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Noticed a parcel motel in Glanmire whilst walking the dogs earlier today. Went to change my delivery motel on my account to there but it wasn't on the drop down list:( When do you expect it to be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Newcastlewest

Hi Orla,
    I purchased an item from the UK this week(tv) and arranged to have it delivered to my home by the parcel motel. I checked out the delivery prices on your web page for oversized items more than 20KG and it specified a price of 14.00 euro delivered to my home. I topped up my account yesterday with 14.00 euro but today I received a text to say this amount was insufficient for my delivery. I then called the 1890241717 number to see what the cost was and how it could be more then the wedsite recommended price. The operator was'nt very nice and was complaining about the size of my parcel, poonting out that it was bigger than himself! He did not give me a clear reason as to why but said I have to pay and additional 14.00 euro if I want to pick up my parcel from the Limerick depot or delivered to my home for an additional 63.00 euros.

This is my Product details, can you clarify the delivery cost to my home based on this and explain how there is no mention of such high costs on your website? I am eager to have my item delivered ASAP therefore I would like this issue cleared up quickly.

Thanks very much.

Newcastlewest

Product Dimensions: 110.4 x 16.5 x 64.1 cm ; 9 Kg
    Boxed-product Weight: 14 Kg
    Item model number: UE40EH5300KXXU

As per the Parcel motel website:Dimensional weight example calculation

Length x Width x Height in cm / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

For example, if you collect an oversized parcel weighing 20kgs from the Nightline Finglas depot, you will not have to pay anything other than the original Parcel Motel charge of €3.50.

If you collect an oversized parcel weighing 36kgs you will be charged €7.00.

If you ask us to deliver a parcel weighing 20kgs to your house, we will charge you €14.00.

If you ask us to deliver a parcel weighing 36kgs, we will charge you €21.00.

Well I think you quoted the answer there yourself; in your case where the parcel is very big the actual weight of the package will be less than the dimensional weight. You gave dimensions but that would be the dimension of the product itself not including the packaging.
    I guess it is packaged quite well/big, you're being charged (from what I calculated) for a 100kgs package.
    If for example your tv is in a box sized 125x30x80cm that makes the dimensional weight 125x30x80 / 3000 = 100kg. Anything over 35kgs cost €3.50per10kg over 35kg. So €3.50 + 7x€3.50=€28 (that's the price for collections, for delivery it's €7per10kg over 35kg). It takes it bit of reading but it's all there on the PM website.
    So to recap the actual weight of your parcel is not relevant if the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight. You're not asking PM to deliver a 20kg parcel, you're asking them to deliver a 100kg parcel.
    -edit- IF my guesstimation of 100kg is correct the total price for delivery should be €63, the €14 you already paid should come of that amount, but I may be wrong/miscalculated...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

makoten wrote: »
    Hi guys, what do I put in for the phone number when I register on a UK site? I know Parcel Motel provides a UK address but do I put my mobile number as the phone number? I think it expects a UK phone number format so I'm not sure what to put.

Just put +353 and your number on most sites. A few sites may restrict you to UK STD or Mobile codes, but most don't care where their stuff goes, so long as it sells. Remember, Cash is King and if some site doesn't want to deal with you 'coz you;re in Irl, that's their loss!

Thanks Flyguy for your view.Still its your view and I would like to hear from Parcel Motel: Orla
    Verified representative' s view on this issue. I don't know does she work weekends.
    I would like to boardies comment on this please as most of use the Parcel motel.
    As Flyguy's comment, is it normal to charged 63 euro for 13 kg package, just because its a large box, and parcel motel consider it 100 kg?
    All comments are welcomed before hands from boardies.
    At least all boardies will be aware of the Parcel motel's policy in the future for the items which don't fit into the parcel motel lockers.
    Thanks

It's not just my view, that's how it's written on pm's website. I quote; Where dimensional weight exceeds actual weight you will be charged based on the dimensional weight of your parcel.
    You are not the first to be the "victim" of the dimensional weight charge, there are a few stories amongst the many pages in this topic. I've also read occasions where PM was lenient on the charge as the explanation of the charge could be a bit better...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You're only a victim of not reading the terms and conditions of service you decided to use.

Here's another "victim" from a couple of weeks ago. Like Achilles said, not PM's fault if you don't read their T&C's. Even in the PM faq topic I wrote I warned about the dimensional weight charges on large items, but who knows maybe PM will show you a "good will gesture" as well:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83112543

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I see Parcel Motel were setting up a depo in Topaz in New Ross. Any idea what date it will become operational?

• Advertisement

You are probably better off to use Deliverme.ie for tv's and larger items as they charge a flat 22 euro to forward an item up to 25kg irrespective of its dimensions.
    flyguy wrote: »
    Here's another "victim" from a couple of weeks ago. Like Achilles said, not PM's fault if you don't read their T&C's. Even in the PM faq topic I wrote I warned about the dimensional weight charges on large items, but who knows maybe PM will show you a "good will gesture" as well:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83112543

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Some advice please....
    I want to buy a pair of shoes from aldo.co.uk and use parcel motel as they don't deliver to Ireland. My problem is that the website will only deliver to the address registered to the credit card. Is there any way around this? Maybe a temp o2 credit card or something?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My problem is that the website will only deliver to the address registered to the credit card. Is there any way around this? Maybe a temp o2 credit card or something?
    You could try emailing them, they are obviously trying to protect against scams but might already have dealt with PM and know whats going on.

I think my bank have a few addresses noted down as being "verified" too. So if a online shop queried mastercard about sending stuff to a work address it would the bank would say its legit. Not certain though.

Hi Flyguy , do you know is Orla responding e-mails from boards or I have to contact by customerservice@parcelmotel.com ?

I have nothing to do with parcel motel, but orla (and other reps) seem to occasionally visit this forum. You could send her a PM here on boards, email should do as well I guess. My guess is as good as yours as to why they haven't responded to your query yet. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Will there be a parcel motel app launched??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Joziburg wrote: »
    Will there be a parcel motel app launched??

To do what?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Some advice please....
    I want to buy a pair of shoes from aldo.co.uk and use parcel motel as they don't deliver to Ireland. My problem is that the website will only deliver to the address registered to the credit card. Is there any way around this? Maybe a temp o2 credit card or something?

Thanks in advance

I would go ahead and enter in all of the details for Parcel Motel anyway, then your normal Credit Card Billing Address (if they ask for both). Some companies say this but don't abide by it. After all they don't really want to lose your custom / money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If something arrives into my Parcel Motel on Friday in belfast, will I have it Saturday morning in my locker in Cork?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement