Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If something arrives into my Parcel Motel on Friday in belfast, will I have it Saturday morning in my locker in Cork?

There are no times set in stone as the official party line is within 48 hours but in my experience it can be there as little as six hours later in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If something arrives into my Parcel Motel on Friday in belfast, will I have it Saturday morning in my locker in Cork?

PM FAQ on PM website:

How long does it take for delivery to Parcel Motel?

As soon as we receive your parcel we will put it into your chosen Parcel Motel within 1 working day.

So they only guarantee 1 working day -which would be Monday- but from previous experience and reported here you can expect it in your locker the same night with a notification in the morning. Don't blame me or PM if it isn't, they only promise to have it there by Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

I bought something from eBay using the UK address. He obviously looked at my profile and noticed I was from Ireland cause this morning I got an email from saying postage to Ireland would be an extra £10 on top of the postage I've already paid. I said fudge that and told him to cancel the order. It's the first time someone has refused to post to the UK for me. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Brian017 wrote: »
    He obviously looked at my profile and noticed I was from Ireland cause this morning I got an email from saying postage to Ireland would be an extra £10 on top of the postage I've already paid. I said fudge that and told him to cancel the order.
    He might be mixed up, I am not sure what appears in the sellers notification but he might think he has to send to the republic if he got an automatic address presented to him. Did you make it clear it is being sent to NI?

Have you a link to the auction? I am not sure if sellers can specify different postage rates to NI than mainland UK. Couriers certainly can.

I bought something from eBay using the UK address. He obviously looked at my profile and noticed I was from Ireland cause this morning I got an email from saying postage to Ireland would be an extra £10 on top of the postage I've already paid. I said fudge that and told him to cancel the order. It's the first time someone has refused to post to the UK for me. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

Agree with above. Check if the ad said "mainland UK" or UK postage. If it says mainland UK, I think they're within their right to ask for more. If it says UK the seller is not allowed to ask for more postage. Do not cancel the order, report the seller to eBay or contact the seller that you intend to do so if do not completed the order as advertised. That should get things going...

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    He might be mixed up, I am not sure what appears in the sellers notification but he might think he has to send to the republic if he got an automatic address presented to him. Did you make it clear it is being sent to NI?

Have you a link to the auction? I am not sure if sellers can specify different postage rates to NI than mainland UK. Couriers certainly can.

Only the address that you specify at payment shows up. I paid the amount of Postage that PayPal calculated for the NI address and he knows its NI and not the ROI but he's still refusing to send it there. Ah well it's at the lost of over €60 when it's no extra work for him to send it there.

flyguy wrote: »
    Agree with above. Check if the ad said "mainland UK" or UK postage. If it says mainland UK, I think they're within their right to ask for more. If it says UK the seller is not allowed to ask for more postage. Do not cancel the order, report the seller to eBay or contact the seller that you intend to do so if do not completed the order as advertised. That should get things going...

There's no mention of 'Mainland Uk' in the listing just a 'flat' UK rate of £4.95. Should I report it to eBay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems funding their account via Paypal? I've tried twice, both times it says it was unsuccessful and I now have 2 payments to Parcel Motel pending on my Paypal account.

Got it working now.

In case anyone else has this problem, make sure if using your Paypal balance it is in Euro. Mine was in $ and it was saying top up unsuccessful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has anyone used Parcel motel to order a desktop tower off of the dell uk outlet and get it delivered to your local PM station, and if so what was the charge and was it fine to use? I have one free stay and looking to buy a desktop off of the outlet in england.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭big_drive

For those in Cork i passed through Glanmire today and saw a parcel motel behind the library. Maybe its been mentioned here before but this is obviously a new one that will be opening.
    This will be good for me as its closer than Blackpool that i'm currently using.

Have used Parcel Motel 13 times now, brilliant service each time

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Used this service today for the first time. No problems, seems like a very good idea.

Tinie wrote: »
    Has anyone used Parcel motel to order a desktop tower off of the dell uk outlet and get it delivered to your local PM station, and if so what was the charge and was it fine to use? I have one free stay and looking to buy a desktop off of the outlet in england.

2 potential problems; -it might not fit the largest locker, check the max dimension on PM website, if it doesn't fit or is >10kg you'll have to collect it at a nightline depot. There's no additional charge for this if the parcel is <35kg, if it is a very large parcel mind the dimensional charges for large items (see website for these as well).
    -2nd potential problem if something happens to your parcel while with PM max cover is €100 for loss/damage. Haven't read of this ever happen and lots of others have used it for expensive items, but keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

has orla been sucked up by one of her own parcel motels and been transported to another country she is very quiet lately

Just an update on my eBay issue. 24 hours after I reported the seller to eBay, the seller decided he will post the item to the UK address at the agreed price afterall!!

Just an update on my eBay issue. 24 hours after I reported the seller to eBay, the seller decided he will post the item to the UK address at the agreed price afterall!!

What a chancer. I always get my issues like that sorted out pretty quickly by raising a PayPal dispute... I always pay via PayPal when I can so that I have some kind of backup like that.

Achilles wrote: »
    What a chancer. I always get my issues like that sorted out pretty quickly by raising a PayPal dispute... I always pay via PayPal when I can so that I have some kind of backup like that.

It annoys me to hell when you gotta get the authorities involved to get people to comply with the rules. I had another problem with a seller before Christmas (unrelated to PM), the item hadn't arrived within 2 weeks, i sent the seller 5 emails across a week, not one response. Opened a PayPal dispute, and literally 5 minutes after I got a message from her saying the item was ''out of stock'' (yeah right!) and a full refund would be issued.

Why couldn't she have just said that when I first contact her without getting PayPal involved? :rolleyes:

Told you it would get things going;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

has orla been sucked up by one of her own parcel motels and been transported to another country she is very quiet lately

Wouldn't mind being transported to a hot country with a beach somewhere, but no, I'm busy making sure parcels are flowing and rolling out some new locations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Wouldn't mind being transported to a hot country with a beach somewhere, but no, I'm busy making sure parcels are flowing and rolling out some new locations :D

any word on when that castlebar one will start?
    last mail i got was by the end of last month

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    any word on when that castlebar one will start?
    last mail i got was by the end of last month

We're testing it at the moment. Hopefully in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I've heard rumours of a Wexford motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

BAaah..

I have a new parcel in my motel. I didn't order anything, so i know it's junk mail. Except it's expensive Junk mail, i've been charged €3.50.

It already happened to me twice. Once I had to put credit on to my Motel because the Girl in the office said it was a heavy package.
    If i had thought about it i should've known she probably didn't/wouldn't have a clue, about what i had got in my motel.

I have unchecked every one that had the option of forwarding me mail, and i get another. :(

Is there any way for Parcel Motel to check with people if they are expecting a parcel?

For example, send a text/email as normal, and customer replies stating whether or not they're expecting something.

Doesn't have to be done on EVERYTHING. Just on letters/envelopes.

Junk has cost me €10.50 so far from Amazon twice and whoever this new one is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Allyall wrote: »
    BAaah..

I have a new parcel in my motel. I didn't order anything, so i know it's junk mail. Except it's expensive Junk mail, i've been charged €3.50.

It already happened to me twice. Once I had to put credit on to my Motel because the Girl in the office said it was a heavy package.
    If i had thought about it i should've known she probably didn't/wouldn't have a clue, about what i had got in my motel.

I have unchecked every one that had the option of forwarding me mail, and i get another. :(

Is there any way for Parcel Motel to check with people if they are expecting a parcel?

For example, send a text/email as normal, and customer replies stating whether or not they're expecting something.

This is one thing that makes me wary about using the service after I use my two free visits (only used one of them yet).

Can you not use Parcel Motel to get some sun delievered from the UK no? :P

Allyall wrote: »
    BAaah..

If you receive junk mail to your Parcel Motel locker, please let us know and we will credit the €3.50 back to your account. We have to send everything out as we can't always be sure what is junk and what is not. Lots of our customers use the service to receive letters and magazine subscriptions are also very popular. You can log into your account and see a photo of the item, if it is a letter/brochure that you did not order, let us know and we will remove it, dispose of it, and credit your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ha! I didn't spot the photo beside each item. That's cool. :D

I've heard rumours of a Wexford motel?

You hear right! We're testing the Parcel Motels in Wexford Town and New Ross at the moment. Hoping to have them up and running very soon :)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement