Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Allyall wrote: »
    Is there any way for Parcel Motel to check with people if they are expecting a parcel?
    I stand corrected.. :o That's pretty cool.

I didn't know you could see it in a photo. Although i can't really make out what it is, i'm pretty sure it's junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Allyall wrote: »
    I stand corrected.. :o That's pretty cool.

I didn't know you could see it in a photo. Although i can't really make out what it is, i'm pretty sure it's junk mail.

Ha.. look at one of my old pics. :D
    30t2i4z.jpg

I don't remember ordering a scales.. ;)

It's not the scales, they're delivering the entire wooden unit out to you. It's a loyalty gift. Looks like a nice cabinet too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

If you receive junk mail to your Parcel Motel locker, please let us know and we will credit the €3.50 back to your account.

You can log into your account and see a photo of the item, if it is a letter/brochure that you did not order, let us know and we will remove it, dispose of it, and credit your account.

Excellent, great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Castlebar just gone live. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

You hear right! We're testing the Parcel Motels in Wexford Town and New Ross at the moment. Hoping to have them up and running very soon :)

Hi Orla

Where is the PM to be sited in Wexford Town?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

This post has been deleted.

Totally agree,there are many companies who could learn a thing or two about customer service from PM and Orla in particular

NATLOR wrote: »
    Totally agree,there are many companies who could learn a thing or two about customer service from PM and Orla in particular

Absolutely 100% wholeheartedly agree and this is from somebody that has been on both sides of the fence in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

I'm waiting on a package to be delivered to my local parcel motel (Cork). It was checked in to the Dublin depot today around 12, could it be there sometime tomorrow or will it be Monday now (or Tuesday with the Bank Holiday)?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Castlebar just gone live. Happy days.
    That is good news.. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If you receive junk mail to your Parcel Motel locker, please let us know and we will credit the €3.50 back to your account. We have to send everything out as we can't always be sure what is junk and what is not. Lots of our customers use the service to receive letters and magazine subscriptions are also very popular. You can log into your account and see a photo of the item, if it is a letter/brochure that you did not order, let us know and we will remove it, dispose of it, and credit your account.

Thats brilliant. I'm a regular enough user but the whole junk mail issue was always a big worry for me, as there was absolutely no way of realistically getting companies to stop sending it to you. Another +1 for PM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Does anybody know if Night Line deliver on Bank Holidays? My parcel was checked into Belfast Saturday morning and was just wondering if I would get it today or will I have to wait till tomorrow?

Thanks in advance....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Does anybody know if Night Line deliver on Bank Holidays? My parcel was checked into Belfast Saturday morning and was just wondering if I would get it today or will I have to wait till tomorrow?

Thanks in advance....

On twitter it said any parcels that came in over the weekend would be in your motel by 7am on Tuesday but no txt msg today so I rang them...

seemingly I won't get it until Wednesday :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭big_drive

Any date available for the motel in Glanmire, Cork to start operating?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Does it matter what name is on it, it's just the PMID that it's sorted by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I was very happy with Parcel Motel until I received a package today.

It was clearly marked fragile and yet they squashed it into one of the smaller doors, resulting in everything inside becoming damaged. And it wasnt even a big package, it could have easily fit inside one of the other doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Does it matter what name is on it, it's just the PMID that it's sorted by?

I think they use both, and they have to match what is on their system.

Probably to allow for someone putting in the wrong PMID in error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

DylanII wrote: »
    I was very happy with Parcel Motel until I received a package today.

It was clearly marked fragile and yet they squashed it into one of the smaller doors, resulting in everything inside becoming damaged. And it wasnt even a big package, it could have easily fit inside one of the other doors.

Sorry to hear this. Please email the details to customerservice@parcelmotel.com and we will sort it out for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Orla, I ordered something with somebody elses name on it, will it be stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Orla, I ordered something with somebody elses name on it, will it be stopped?

They wlll probably ring your number to confirm the parcel is for you (you'll prob be asked to describe it, What the name on the delivery, what seller etc). I ordered something with my Gfs name on it and thats what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I had a package posted in the UK using Royal Mail's Signed-For service. It was posted on 30 April, but doesn't seem to have arrived in Belfast yet.

Is this an inordinate delay?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I had a package posted in the UK using Royal Mail's Signed-For service. It was posted on 30 April, but doesn't seem to have arrived in Belfast yet.

Is this an inordinate delay?:confused:

Do you have a tracking number? When you say Belfast, do you mean it hasnt made it to Belfast yet or Parcel Motel dont seem to have it?

Do you have a tracking number? When you say Belfast, do you mean it hasnt made it to Belfast yet or Parcel Motel dont seem to have it?

No Tracking No. The package hasn't appeared on my a/c yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

How long does it take for a parcel that was delivered to the Newtonabbey Depot to show in your parcel motel account?

My parcel was handed over to nightline at the NI depot at 16.50 today but still hasn't shown up on my parcel motel account almost seven hours later?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Parcel Motel is the best invention ever, I'm saving a mint. I've rediscovered E-bay! Brilliant service, just noticed the photos too, perfect.

Is anyone finding a delay with parcels handled by the Royal Mail?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Is anyone finding a delay with parcels handled by the Royal Mail?

Yeah but that's hardly Parcel Motel's fault. Royal Mail is pretty crap in my experience.

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah but that's hardly Parcel Motel's fault.

I don't believe I implied in any way that, if there is such a delay, it is in any way PM's fault. I was more exploring whether Royal Mail might delay deliveries to the Parcel Motel depot. Competitors and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Used Parcel Motel during the week for first time. Messed up my order and forgot to specify PMID number to Hush Puppies (I was buying a pair of boots).

Couldnt have been more helpful and reassuring in my dealings with the customer support agent in Parcel Motel. Thumbs up from me all the way.

Hope they clean up down South.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a text at 23:50 to tell me my package was at the local motel so I can pick it up anytime today.

Compare that to waiting in all morning for a package!

Perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement