Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

When did it originally arrive into the depot in Newtonabbey? Just curious as I have a parcel that arrived in Newtonabbey at 16.50 Friday Evening, I phoned Nightline HO on Friday and they said parcel would be delivered to my chosen PM on Saturday but it never arrived.

I phoned them again yesterday, spoke to a very nice chap but he contradicted what I was told on my earlier call, he said because they received it Friday evening, it would not be processed until Monday and that I wouldn't receive it into my local PM until Tuesday!!

Looking like he was right as still no sign of a text or email or any activity on my PM account at the moment on Sunday afternoon. He was able to confirm at least that they do have it on hand.

That's one of the only failings of PM in my opinion. The lack of tracking until your pacel actually reaches your local PM. I could track my parcel right up until it was handed over to Nightline on Friday on the original couriers website, since Nightline/PM accepted it into their depot in the North, it has essentially disappeared from visibility from a tracking point of view and will remain so until Tuesday, over three days without tracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

iPhone. wrote: »
    When did it originally arrive into the depot in Newtonabbey? Just curious as I have a parcel that arrived in Newtonabbey at 16.50 Friday Evening, I phoned Nightline HO on Friday and they said parcel would be delivered to my chosen PM on Saturday but it never arrived.

I phoned them again yesterday, spoke to a very nice chap but he contradicted what I was told on my earlier call, he said because they received it Friday evening, it would not be processed until Monday and that I wouldn't receive it into my local PM until Tuesday!!

Looking like he was right as still no sign of a text or email or any activity on my PM account at the moment on Sunday afternoon. He was able to confirm at least that they do have it on hand.

That's one of the only failings of PM in my opinion. The lack of tracking until your pacel actually reaches your local PM. I could track my parcel right up until it was handed over to Nightline on Friday on the original couriers website, since Nightline/PM accepted it into their depot in the North, it has essentially disappeared from visibility from a tracking point of view and will remain so until Tuesday, over three days without tracking!

Erm... that's not true. You can track the progress of the Parcel on Parcel Motel's site. When it's checked in you can see that it's been checked in and that it's location is 'In Belfast'.

Then when it's in a van heading towards your motel you'll see that it's 'In transit'.

Don't know what's going on then!! I asked him why I couldn't see it on my PM account seeing as they had received it and he said it was because it was sitting in a cage until it was processed by them which wouldnt happen over the weekend.

He asked me for the original tracking number of the courier that handed it over to them and he told me that it was showing up on his 'internal system' as having been delivered to them. Thought it a bid odd alright that it wouldn't automatically show up on the Parcelmotel tracking the minute they accepted it, worried about it now :confused:

Achilles wrote: »
    Erm... that's not true. You can track the progress of the Parcel on Parcel Motel's site. When it's checked in you can see that it's been checked in and that it's location is 'In Belfast'.

Does your Parcelmotel account show when items are checked in then?

I only ever previously saw the first entry on their tracking as 'Package left depot' but never saw any record of a package being 'received at depot'

Are you saying you can tell by your parcemotel account what time etc a parcel arrived in belfast?

Does your Parcelmotel account show when items are checked in then?

I only ever previously saw the first entry on their tracking as 'Package left depot' but never saw any record of a package being 'received at depot'

Are you saying you can tell by your parcemotel account what time etc a parcel arrived in belfast?
    I can't tell historically but if an item has been checked-in I'll see Status: Checked-in Location: Belfast on my account along with a picture of the package.

• Advertisement

Thats the problem though, they don't check your parcel in and show the details on the tracking when they actually receive it, only when they get around to doing it later themselves.

I looked back at previous parcels I received through parcelmotel and noticed that in all cases except one, the time parcelmotel posted the parcel as being checked in was not the time they actually accepted delivery.

Most instances showed the parcel as being checked in after a few hours of the time they actually received it but the one I am currently waiting on, I know they have had in their hands since exactly 16.47 on Friday, yet they haven't checked it in on their system which means I have no visibility of the parcel from once they accept it until they get around to checking it in and posting the details to my account, which in my case will be over three days.

Just seems a very poor method from the customers point of view, why aren't the parcels scanned in when they accept them so at least even if it is sitting in their depot in belfast for two or three days you can confirm that and know it's still on track for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    No Tracking No. The package hasn't appeared on my a/c yet.

Get in touch with PM to confirm they dont have it and then get in touch with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

The location of the Charlestown Shopping Centre motel (Finglas, Dublin 11) shown on the website needs to be updated - it's currently shown as being at the Nightline depot which is down the road a little way - I presume it's been relocated from there.
    Okay, the location should have been obvious from the name, but I spent a while wandering about trying to find it yesterday.

Somebody was asking about Parcel Motel tracking earlier in the thread.

I currently have a parcel that's been checked into Belfast awaiting delivery to my motel (I usually receive these at around 10pm or so when checked in to Belfast at noon).

253671.png

As you can see from the screenshot the parcel is marked as being in Belfast and that it's currently checked in. When it leaves the depot for delivery to my Parcel Motel it'll change to 'In Transit'.

If the screenshot looks a bit bare that's because I've removed all personally identifiable information. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Thats the problem though, they don't check your parcel in and show the details on the tracking when they actually receive it, only when they get around to doing it later themselves.

I looked back at previous parcels I received through parcelmotel and noticed that in all cases except one, the time parcelmotel posted the parcel as being checked in was not the time they actually accepted delivery.

Most instances showed the parcel as being checked in after a few hours of the time they actually received it but the one I am currently waiting on, I know they have had in their hands since exactly 16.47 on Friday, yet they haven't checked it in on their system which means I have no visibility of the parcel from once they accept it until they get around to checking it in and posting the details to my account, which in my case will be over three days.

Just seems a very poor method from the customers point of view, why aren't the parcels scanned in when they accept them so at least even if it is sitting in their depot in belfast for two or three days you can confirm that and know it's still on track for delivery.

Hi there. If you can PM me your PMID I will find out exactly what happened here. But the only reason something would have been delayed like this would be if it had been missing some vital information such as your name or your PMID. Then it would have been held for query before check in. All parcels with correct address information get checked in straight after they arrive. Several hundred parcels can arrive at the same time, for example a Royal Mail delivery, so these can take a few hours to check in. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I just received an email from the company I bought an item a while ago. They are thanking bla, bla, bla... and saying they sent me a catalog. They used PM address I provided when I was ordering the goods. Apparently I didn't order this catalog and I don't want it at all. And of course I don't want to pay for it either. Is there any way to stop accepting the parcels I don't wish to receive, before they take me to the cleaner's? Can I for instance change my PM address or suspend accepting parcels, so the incoming mail would be discarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teatreeshamble

Hi Orla,

Are you guys able to return a package to the sender without it hitting my parcel motel box?
    I ordered books from a UK site . They took ages to 'process' the books. I contacted them to cancel. They replied 4.5 hrs later stating the package had "just been shipped". I'm getting nowhere with them and their only response is "send it back for refund when it arrives". I ordered to the Antrim parcel motel.

Thanks.

Hi Orla,

Are you guys able to return a package to the sender without it hitting my parcel motel box?
    I ordered books from a UK site . They took ages to 'process' the books. I contacted them to cancel. They replied 4.5 hrs later stating the package had "just been shipped". I'm getting nowhere with them and their only response is "send it back for refund when it arrives". I ordered to the Antrim parcel motel.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, due to the volume of parcels we're receiving, we're unable to refuse individual items. I would check with them that they are prepared to cover the cost of returning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for the answer. I have a suggestion for PM. This time I knew they have sent me this junk mail, but next time I may not. It would be handy if you'd involve kind of "disable my box" function. If I'd expect an order coming, I'd switch on my box, otherwise I'd switch it off and all the junk mail would go straightaway to the garbage bin.

Alternatively you could send a text message after you receive and make the picture of the mail. Nobody checks his PM account if not expecting any parcels, and you sending the text only when the parcel is ready for collection, which is too late. It's just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I had a flubit order dispatched on the 9th but no sign of it in parcel motel yet i would have expected it a few days ago, has anyone else had delays with flubit?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Barrell

Where in killarney is its location? Checked map on website its just all houses in that street?

Hi there. If you can PM me your PMID I will find out exactly what happened here. But the only reason something would have been delayed like this would be if it had been missing some vital information such as your name or your PMID. Then it would have been held for query before check in. All parcels with correct address information get checked in straight after they arrive. Several hundred parcels can arrive at the same time, for example a Royal Mail delivery, so these can take a few hours to check in. Hope this helps.

Hi Orla,

I finally collected the parcel from my local parcel motel yesterday. I'm following up with you here as you were of the opinion that the 'only' reason for what happened to cause my parcel to fail to be checked in and unavailable for tracking for three days would be if it was missing my name or PMID.

Both my name and PMID are clearly marked on the parcel along with the NI Depot full address and my phone number. I'd really like to find out what happened here, as I'm sure you would because it was a real worry not knowing where it had gone as it was a birthday present of an item that i would not have been able to replace in time if at all (they are in very short supply) had it not turned up.

I can email you a photo of the parcel if you want to see it yourself, but the details are most definitely all there and clearly visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I got junk last week or so, posted here, and was told to ring them, they'd remove it and I'd be refunded. I did, they did, and i was.

I got a text today (Just now) telling me i have not enough funds in my account and that there is a parcel in Belfast.

This is the first parcel since then, and my credit seems to be gone. I am waiting for a parcel and i haven't used that credit, but this is the photograph of the one that is Belfast. I can't tell what it is.
    Tried ringing but it's late now, so there's no answer..

253955.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Need some advise.
    Have a request through Flubit and need to use Parcel Motel.

I cant seem to change my paypal address to a UK one (as Parcel Motel in the UK)

Do I have to change it to the UK or will it be ok going thru the flubit site to fill in the PM Northern address even though my paypal is ROI.
    I haven't used flubit before until now.

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Need some advise.
    Have a request through Flubit and need to use Parcel Motel.

I cant seem to change my paypal address to a UK one (as Parcel Motel in the UK)

Do I have to change it to the UK or will it be ok going thru the flubit site to fill in the PM Northern address even though my paypal is ROI.
    I haven't used flubit before until now.

To quote myself, I sorted it.
    When you pay by paypal you can change the delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

@ allyall got same photo on a package today

checked into belfast around 2, is normally in dublin by tonight, will be collecting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

fantastic service, although i didnt get a text to tell me i had something the motel justa email , nor any notification that a parcel had landed in belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

skydish79 wrote: »
    @ allyall got same photo on a package today

checked into belfast around 2, is normally in dublin by tonight, will be collecting tomorrow

Thanks.

But they also told me I have no credit. I may have only had enough left for 1 package, but that's all i needed. :confused:
    Hope they didn't decide to charge me for that junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi Orla, got notification from Argos.co.uk that they delivered my parcel today to Parcelmotel. I got no notification and my account has not been debited. Any chance you could check up on it for me please? Is it ok to pm my details?

pissed wrote: »
    Hi Orla, got notification from Argos.co.uk that they delivered my parcel today to Parcelmotel. I got no notification and my account has not been debited. Any chance you could check up on it for me please? Is it ok to pm my details?

Might not have been checked in yet, you'll be charged when it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

How do I get this to work with e bay driving me nuts here
    it won't recognise the address for me

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

can someone in parcel motel,check if i have a parcel somewhere in your depot,i got a text message two weeks ago,saying i had insufficent funds,i topped up,rang pm,i was told there was a parcel,but nothing in two weeks,i was expecting a keyring,but i i did get a parcel from 02 which that could of been it.

• Advertisement

can someone in parcel motel,check if i have a parcel somewhere in your depot,i got a text message two weeks ago,saying i had insufficent funds,i topped up,rang pm,i was told there was a parcel,but nothing in two weeks,i was expecting a keyring,but i i did get a parcel from 02 which that could of been it.

Hi there. Sent you a PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement