Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭wandererz

Received text message & email with PIN code. Got someone to drive me over to the parcel motel over 6km away at 10.30pm.

PIN code would not work.
    Checked it, double & triple checked it. Logged into my online account to check it again. Tried different variations of code just in case it was typed incorrectly - no luck.

Called the 1890 number listed on screen only to realise that:
    1) Although you advertise an anytime collection service you don't offer anytime support, so the number is useless after normal working hours?
    Resolution: Perhaps mention your support contact hours in your FAQ?

2) The support number diverts to voicemail, however the voice mailbox is full so no message can be left. Making it even more useless !!
    Resolution: Have someone actually listen to the messages in the support voicemail box and clear them out (after actioning them of course).
    Resolution: Perhaps assign more storage space to the voice mailbox in question.
    Action: Quote this as an example in a potential or existing wikipedia article re: the term "more useless".

3) No further info is available to re-assure/comfort your customers in such a scenario. i.e. they're stuck in front of a parcel motel (potentially miles away from home and at awkward hours) with no help whatsoever.
    Resolution: Perhaps add this into your FAQ as a scenario along with a resolution and reference it elsewhere? i.e. on-screen on the terminal and/or online.
    Resolution: Perhaps add a comfort message to the end of the "this mailbox is full message" to provide an alternative to the customer. even if it only says "someone will be available between the hours of x and y"

PS: there is no charge for this bit of consultancy.
    However, how do i resolve my issue considering that i will be travelling to the other side of the country first thing in the morning, will not have my item and may not return within the 48hr timeframe... And that i do not have a valid parcel motel unlock code.

Is it a matter of "hang tight, don't panic, we don't operate 24/7, don't have functioning voicemail, don't have comprehensive FAQ's but we will sort it out".

In which case you need to fix all of the above and to re-iterate what makes you different from the annoying "we don't open at lunchtime or other reasonable hours for the working person" of An Post.

Can you remotely reset my Parcel Motel?
    Do i need to wait until the next time the delivery guy arrives (potentially 24hrs later) in order for it to be rest?

Other than that... a great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Newcastlewest

hi lads,
    I like to order item 120*60*13 cm size and 3 kg , any idea how much does it cost if i will pick up from depot ?

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

New ParcelMotel just installed at Tesco in Arklow :) Doesn't seem to be live yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

hi lads,
    I like to order item 120*60*13 cm size and 3 kg , any idea how much does it cost if i will pick up from depot ?

Thanks for your help

Providing that includes the outer packaging dimensions also, then should be covered by the standard €3.50, once you collect from depot (120*60*13 divide by 3000 = 31.2 kgs dimensional weight, which is within the 35kg limit).

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mylina wrote: »
    New ParcelMotel just installed at Tesco in Arklow :) Doesn't seem to be live yet..

Nice. I'm about to leave rathdrum to pick something up in the kilmac PM so arklow will be much better! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Dear all our friends on Boards.ie, effective from 01/06/13 we will no longer be able to respond directly to posts on Boards.ie. We want to thank Boards.ie for their support since we launched Parcel Motel last year. Our subscription to have a verified representative on here is coming to an end and we wanted to let you know that you can still contact through, Facebook, Twitter and email. Of course you can continue to talk about your Parcel Motel experience on Boards.ie and we will continue to monitor your comments and suggestions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

That's disappointing :-(
    Dear all our friends on Boards.ie, effective from 01/06/13 we will no longer be able to respond directly to posts on Boards.ie. We want to thank Boards.ie for their support since we launched Parcel Motel last year. Our subscription to have a verified representative on here is coming to an end and we wanted to let you know that you can still contact through, Facebook, Twitter and email. Of course you can continue to talk about your Parcel Motel experience on Boards.ie and we will continue to monitor your comments and suggestions. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I just made my first order with parcel motel, great to see it setup in Killarney and it will save me a nice few bob on postage from the UK. Pity about the boards.ie thread coming to an end. Best of luck with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Stinicker wrote: »
    Pity about the boards.ie thread coming to an end.
    It isn't.

Parcel Motel's subscription to have a verified representative on boards ends June 1st and they're not renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

my first problem with parcel motel, can you look into what happened ciara?
    ill pm you my pmid if you reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

who is this Ciara you speak of?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

rameire wrote: »
    who is this Ciara you speak of?

your right its orla. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Mylina wrote: »

Arklow
    Just rang them to enquire when it will be operational and was told it should be set up fully in another week. Hopefully by 31st May

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just received my first parcel today PM @was Ennis Tesco - good service, entering the Phone/Pin was awkward as screen seemed slightly off - had to press towards the bottom of the displayed buttons but that could be down to the angle.

Anyway, just noticed that the formatting of the address on the Package was all over the place - it didn't match the formatting of the address on the Invoice at all.

Has anyone else noticed this - its probable that packages will not make it to PM if companies rearrange the address however they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

theShire wrote: »

Has anyone else noticed this - its probable that packages will not make it to PM if companies rearrange the address however they feel.

I'd say once it has the post code and PARCEL MOTEL somewhere on it, it will make it that far, and that PARCEL MOTEL will manage to work out who it belongs to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Collected my package today in Killarney and am very impressed with the service and I am already browsing Amazon.co.uk and I will be ordering some books with free uk shipping also again via Parcel Motel.

Super service and a great system in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Stinicker wrote: »
    Collected my package today in Killarney and am very impressed with the service and I am already browsing Amazon.co.uk and I will be ordering some books with free uk shipping also again via Parcel Motel.

Super service and a great system in place.

Just be careful with Amazon as, if you order more than one item, they often deliver them separately. I got caught with that earlier when a supplier from whom I ordered 2 of the same items decided not to send them in the one package- hence 2x €3.50 charge at Parcel Motel.

• My parcel was checked in yesterday morning and I was expecting to have a text this morning/last night but nothing!!! Perhaps PM don't operate on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

thats a bit sad we are losing orla as they are not renewing maybe we should start the save orla campaign.

• Bloody awful service. When Orla finishes up here she won't be missed by me as she never, ever replies to anything I've ever asked her on boards. Not much point being a rep then really. I've also emailed but there's no response. Just tried ringing and their mailbox is full. God awful service. Go on Orla break the habit and click "post reply".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Bloody awful service. When Orla finishes up here she won't be missed by me as she never, ever replies to anything I've ever asked her on boards. Not much point being a rep then really. I've also emailed but there's no response. Just tried ringing and their mailbox is full. God awful service. Go on Orla break the habit and click "post reply".

In fairness, maybe she doesn't work on a Sunday?? Your post was a little harsh imo..

• I'm fairly sure I've seen her on this thread on a weekend mate. I checked the site and they could have something saying that the place will be dead over the weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dario Inexpensive Teaspoonful I've just tried to contact you at work but you are not there, yet you were there some weekend before. **** service.
    It's annoying when they don't reply, she hasn't replied to me before too, but it's the weekend and you only posted today. Give them a chance.

• Sorry about that. I'm just fed up of being stonewalled all day. Am I being naive that I expected a reply over the weekend? I thought it was 24/7? Or is that just the deliveries and not the CS?

My parcel was checked in yesterday morning and I was expecting to have a text this morning/last night but nothing!!! Perhaps PM don't operate on Sundays?

Our parcel collection service is 24/7 except in Mahon Point where it's the same as the shopping centre opening hours. Our office is open 8am to 7pm Mon to Fri and 8am to 2:30pm on Saturdays. I do try to watch Boards over the weekend but I don't always get the chance to reply straight away. Parcels are delivered next working day so you should receive your parcel by 7am tomorrow morning. If you don't get a text by then, please email customerservice@parcelmotel.com and we'll check it for you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

theShire wrote: »
    Just received my first parcel today PM @was Ennis Tesco - good service, entering the Phone/Pin was awkward as screen seemed slightly off - had to press towards the bottom of the displayed buttons but that could be down to the angle.

I just collected a package from Tesco Ennis this morning and it was the same for me... I had to go really really slowly with the touch screen as it kept choosing the number above the one I wanted..

Have used the service previously in some Limerick locations and didn't have any problems..

Definitely felt like the screen alignment was off a bit..

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I just collected a package from Tesco Ennis this morning and it was the same for me... I had to go really really slowly with the touch screen as it kept choosing the number above the one I wanted..

Have used the service previously in some Limerick locations and didn't have any problems..

Definitely felt like the screen alignment was off a bit..

Thanks for letting us know, we'll get an engineer to look at it. The screen may need to be recalibrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is there any way to get things delayed by a day? or even specify a delivery day e.g. I get a text late friday so take it I have until sunday night to pick it up -48hrs. But the pickup point is on the way to/from work. If it had come at any other time other than between 5.30pm Friday & 8.30am Saturday I would be able to get it on my regular trip.

It is near enough to me but I expect some other long commuters might have had the same problem, having to pick it up many miles away on a weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've had the same problem and paid the extra 3.50 :/ Annoying if it is near your work and is delivered the one time that is awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

rubadub wrote: »
    I expect some other long commuters might have had the same problem, having to pick it up many miles away on a weekend.

I was panicking trying to get my parcel... :D I had been away, apparently it had arrived on Friday, I was coming back Sunday, but i wouldn't have been near my chosen Parcel Motel this week, Luckily i rang around and was able to get a friends friend to collect it for me with PIN and Telephone Number..
    But i wasn't sure what would have happened if it had "Expired". Would i have to pay extra?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement