Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Allyall wrote: »
    I was panicking trying to get my parcel... :D I had been away, apparently it had arrived on Friday, I was coming back Sunday, but i wouldn't have been near my chosen Parcel Motel this week, Luckily i rang around and was able to get a friends friend to collect it for me with PIN and Telephone Number..
    But i wasn't sure what would have happened if it had "Expired". Would i have to pay extra?

An extra 3.50 every 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Hi

I ordered a parcel from england and got an email saying it was in befast on Saturday. When roughly should I expect it to be in the parcel motel Galway? First time using it so just wondering.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

An extra 3.50 every 2 days.

Phew, lucky break for me then, I wouldn't have been happy with that. It may have been next week before I'd have been able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

rubadub wrote: »
    Is there any way to get things delayed by a day? or even specify a delivery day e.g. I get a text late friday so take it I have until sunday night to pick it up -48hrs. But the pickup point is on the way to/from work. If it had come at any other time other than between 5.30pm Friday & 8.30am Saturday I would be able to get it on my regular trip.

It is near enough to me but I expect some other long commuters might have had the same problem, having to pick it up many miles away on a weekend.

If it's only expired by a few hours over the weekend, please call us and we will extend your stay FOC so that you can collect on your commute. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is there any way to get things delayed by a day?
    Looking at the options on the site there is a Mobile Availability option. Mine was set from 7am to 11pm, I picked times I did not mind getting phone messages.

I got my PM text around 10pm friday.

I am now guessing if I had set my notice time frame from 9am to 5pm then it would force them to have waited until 9am on the saturday. So the 48hr limit would have gone over to 9am monday and suited me fine.

Hi

I ordered a parcel from england and got an email saying it was in befast on Saturday. When roughly should I expect it to be in the parcel motel Galway? First time using it so just wondering.

Thanks

If this had been checked in by our Belfast depot on Saturday it would have been in your local Parcel Motel in Galway by 7am this morning. Please send the proof of delivery and your PMID to customerservice@parcelmotel.com and we'll check it for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looking at the options on the site there is a Mobile Availability option. Mine was set from 7am to 11pm, I picked times I did not mind getting phone messages.

I got my PM text around 10pm friday.

I am now guessing if I had set my notice time frame from 9am to 5pm then it would force them to have waited until 9am on the saturday. So the 48hr limit would have gone over to 9am monday and suited me fine.

No, they would have emailed you at the same time, and you would not know about it until you got the text in the morning.

Hi Fred, you are right, it was a BH in NOI, but we're back to normal today so your parcel will be delivered tonight. :)

• Advertisement

Mylina wrote: »
    New ParcelMotel just installed at Tesco in Arklow :) Doesn't seem to be live yet..

Parcel Motel at Tesco Arklow is now live along with 4 other locations - The Maxol Garage in Sandymount, the Esso garage Kells, Tesco Ballybeg and Joyce's supermarket Knocknacarra. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Parcel Motel at Tesco Arklow is now live along with 4 other locations - The Maxol Garage in Sandymount, the Esso garage Kells, Tesco Ballybeg and Joyce's supermarket Knocknacarra. :D

I'm conflicted now. I'm not sure whether to use the arklow motel which is closer to me or stick with the kilmac one which is further but on my way home from work.

It seems i usually get stuff delivered on a friday night :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Checked it last night, found it was live, so ordered from Amazon to be delivered to the Arklow PM \:)/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

There's too much to be reading back so can some one explain how this works.Say im ordering something that cannot be delivered to Ireland.Must i first enter an address of any parcel motel outlet in the UK and then enter one in Ireland?.How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

There's too much to be reading back so can some one explain how this works.Say im ordering something that cannot be delivered to Ireland.Must i first enter an address of any parcel motel outlet in the UK and then enter one in Ireland?.How does it work?

There's an FAQ in the very first post of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Once it arrives in the Northern Ireland location.is there a way to send it to one in the south?

Dear all our friends on Boards.ie, effective from 01/06/13 we will no longer be able to respond directly to posts on Boards.ie. We want to thank Boards.ie for their support since we launched Parcel Motel last year. Our subscription to have a verified representative on here is coming to an end and we wanted to let you know that you can still contact through, Facebook, Twitter and email. Of course you can continue to talk about your Parcel Motel experience on Boards.ie and we will continue to monitor your comments and suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Very disappointed with the service.

Ordered something from amazon via it. Got my email & text at 7am this morning to say it had been delivered to Topaz Clare Hall.

I was away & only got to it at 5.50 this evening. Entered my code & it then asked me for the SMS open code, only I didn't have one. Or at least it was the same as the email I got.

Tried calling the number and no response. Not surprisingly since it was after 5.30 on a three day weekend, but if I could have got it during business hours I'd have no need for the service.

Not sure now what's going to happen to my parcel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Dear all our friends on Boards.ie, effective from 01/06/13 we will no longer be able to respond directly to posts on Boards.ie. We want to thank Boards.ie for their support since we launched Parcel Motel last year. Our subscription to have a verified representative on here is coming to an end and we wanted to let you know that you can still contact through, Facebook, Twitter and email. Of course you can continue to talk about your Parcel Motel experience on Boards.ie and we will continue to monitor your comments and suggestions.

Thanks Orla (et al), for all your assistance and help with updates, queries etc over the past few months.
    Best of luck for the future.

• OU812 wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the service.

Ordered something from amazon via it. Got my email & text at 7am this morning to say it had been delivered to Topaz Clare Hall.

I was away & only got to it at 5.50 this evening. Entered my code & it then asked me for the SMS open code, only I didn't have one. Or at least it was the same as the email I got.

Tried calling the number and no response. Not surprisingly since it was after 5.30 on a three day weekend, but if I could have got it during business hours I'd have no need for the service.

Not sure now what's going to happen to my parcel

The first code you enter is your mobile number and the second is the one they texted/emailed to you! Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Great news that Arklow is live

Drove to Kilmanogue yesterday morning from Arklow to pick up a package

A Big Thanks to Orla who is disappearing from Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Got my package this morning. Thanks to Orla who was in contact very late last night.

Very happy with the level of service provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Just registered for PM, just want to check, I was given two addresses that I can have items sent to, will my items then be taken to my nearest PM location or have I to collect them from the addresses given to me?

• It'll be taken to the PM location nearest to you (which you should have chosen in your account settings!)

• I was told there'd be none during the day but in the evening....not 100% sure what that means really! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just wanted to big up Parcel Motel once again.

Ordered a car part on Thursday night from England.. was expecting to have to wait till Tuesday to get my car back on the road..

Got a text at 3pm today (Saturday) to say my parcel was waiting for me!

Fantastic Serice PM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I am also wondering... Expecting something in the Belfast depo on Monday morning, in my Dublin pm on Monday evening, not sure if that is realistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement