Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

gzoladz wrote: »
    I am also wondering... Expecting something in the Belfast depo on Monday morning, in my Dublin pm on Monday evening, not sure if that is realistic.

Yes, there will be deliveries in the Dublin area on Monday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Hi Orla,
    I have a parcel that was checked into the Belfast depot yesterday. Any idea when it will be delivered to Waterford? Will the bank holiday affect it? I'm assuming it will be Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

In the past it happened from time to time that companies did not like the different billing and shipping address and hence cancelled an order or just did not allow an order.

I found a nice work around, I went to the post office and got myself an PostFX GB£ prepaid MasterCard and than went online to their account management interface and put in a temporary address of PM in Belfast and now no such problem anymore. Even if the company selling did an AVS on the card it came up with the PM Belfast address.

Plus because the card is in £ there is no additional exchange fees, just once when you load the card (well AnPost claims it's free but the rate has a fee calculated in, but it's still a better rate that my visa card give me).

Now I can order even more and don't have to pass endless extra security that some companies wanted.

Also can I take this opportunity to tank Orla for the excellent service she provided in the past month, to bad they PM does not want to continue to provide service on boards.ie.

• A PostFX prepaid MasterCard? Why do I get the feeling if I ask the old dear in my local post office I'm going to get a puzzled look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

A PostFX prepaid MasterCard? Why do I get the feeling if I ask the old dear in my local post office I'm going to get a puzzled look?

You can check if you local Postoffice does it here:
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/at+your+local+Post+Office.htm

Just make sure you bring you passport and proof of residence with you, the card is going to be registered to your Irish address. Once you have activated it , you than can enter PM as temporary address online.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

was i mistaking in thinking that orla had left us shows to prove she cant keep away thought she wasnt here from the 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

Can anybody confirm the correct maximum parcel size?

The “How much does it cost” page on the Parcel Motel site, states:

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10kgs
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

And in the “How It Works” video it says, the largest parcel size is 41 X 38 X 68 cm.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

What happens to parcels not collected?

I was going through my history and theres a package in January (!!) unclaimed..is it returned to sender? I have no idea how I missed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

If I have an item thats 14kg and I don't have the exact measurements what are my options? I can get to the Finglas depot most evenings if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If it's over 10kgs it must be collected at a depot, finglas or other nightline depot on request. There is no extra charge if the weight is <35kg, but have a look at the dimensional weight charges as well (FAQ on parcelmotel.com). Large items may have a dimensional weight of >35kg even if the actual weight is less...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

flyguy wrote: »
    If it's over 10kgs it must be collected at a depot, finglas or other nightline depot on request. There is no extra charge if the weight is <35kg, but have a look at the dimensional weight charges as well (FAQ on parcelmotel.com). Large items may have a dimensional weight of >35kg even if the actual weight is less...

Thanks for that. I read the FAQ (probably not closely enough). Found it slightly vague on the over 10kg issue.

And delivery from Belfast to ROI is fine for that too? Thats the only real reason I want to use the service.

Qs wrote: »
    And delivery from Belfast to ROI is fine for that too? Thats the only real reason I want to use the service.

Yep I doesnt matter which address you use for delivery (Dublin or Newtonabby) the charges are the same. I'll say it once more though; mind the dimensional weight charges. Few stories on this long topic already but if for example you order a 42inch TV which weighs 20kg you'll probably get charged for around a 100kg package after the dimensional weight charge kicks in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I've looked through the collection points and can't find the Jamestown Rd Nightline depot collection point. This would be handier than the one I'm using.

Can the depot collection point be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ordered 19.15 Monday from Amazon, third party seller. Paid for 2 day delivery to UK. Delivered to my PM 23.40 Wednesday. Top class delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

neilw i think the jamestown road is only for collecting big and bulky items,i think the nearest one to you,would be charlestown shopping centre ive seen one in the depot of nightline on the jamestown road but i dont think its open to the public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

neilw i think the jamestown road is only for collecting big and bulky items,i think the nearest one to you,would be charlestown shopping centre ive seen one in the depot of nightline on the jamestown road but i dont think its open to the public

I collected an oversized parcel from Jamestown during the week, it seems if your parcel can't fit in the drop off containers you have to collect from the depot.

This is the text I received;

" Please collect your oversized Parcel Motel package at Nightline, Unit 5 Mygan Pk, Finglas, Dublin. Open 6AM-11PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-1PM Sat, Clsd Sun. Tel: 1890241717"

You have to quote your PM number on collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I've collected a couple of oversized items there alright, there is an automated collection point in the public car park which would be handier for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

I just joined parcel motel on recommendation here but am confused by the charges. I received an email last night at midnight to let me know to collect my parcel, I then received a text message 7 hous later at 07:03 this morning to collect same parcel and I collected it at 17.29, however I was charged €7.00 for 2 stays and am a little confused by that :confused: I checked my account and it seems parcel was delivered to Northern Ireland at 11am yesterday and I received notification at midnight so it took 13 hours to get to Dublin so am I paying for that ? What if Parcel arrives takes 3 days to get to Dublin do I have to pay for 3 days stay ?

Any advice welcome ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I then received a text message 7 hours later at 07:03 this morning to collect same parcel
    Are you sure it was for the same parcel? were the 2 codes you got the same.

The company may have sent the parcel and junk mail around the same time, giving 2 parcels. There should be attached photos of the item in your account.

rubadub wrote: »
    Are you sure it was for the same parcel? were the 2 codes you got the same.
    t.

Yes, same code and same parcel. I am now a little worried as I am due another parcel and because I was charged for 2 days for the first parcel, there was no credit in my account and they text me to let me know to top up account which I did as soon as I could but they kept parcel up north until I topped up account so by the time it gets to Dublin I will probably owe 3 days!

Not liking the service so far :(

I just joined parcel motel on recommendation here but am confused by the charges. I received an email last night at midnight to let me know to collect my parcel, I then received a text message 7 hous later at 07:03 this morning to collect same parcel and I collected it at 17.29, however I was charged €7.00 for 2 stays and am a little confused by that :confused: I checked my account and it seems parcel was delivered to Northern Ireland at 11am yesterday and I received notification at midnight so it took 13 hours to get to Dublin so am I paying for that ? What if Parcel arrives takes 3 days to get to Dublin do I have to pay for 3 days stay ?

Any advice welcome ?
    Yes, same code and same parcel. I am now a little worried as I am due another parcel and because I was charged for 2 days for the first parcel, there was no credit in my account and they text me to let me know to top up account which I did as soon as I could but they kept parcel up north until I topped up account so by the time it gets to Dublin I will probably owe 3 days!

Not liking the service so far :(

What explanation did they give when you contacted them?

What explanation did they give when you contacted them?

I didn't contact them! I was hoping others on here would have more experience of the way they charge than I would and hopefully advise if costs are correct before I contact them and also to advise others on the way they charge. It looks like it would be cheaper to have parcel delivered directly.

The 48 hours start from the moment you receive the notification, doesn't matter when it arrived in NI. Either they made a mistake or you got notifications for 2 different parcels. Lastly I think you wrote you're expecting another delivery so maybe that has arrived already and you got charged for that (if you check your account history you should be able to see that). If they charged you double/twice by mistake just send them an email.

Btw the time difference between the email&text notifications is because of your account settings. I think by default they don't send texts between 22:00&7:00, but you can change that in your settings. Emails will be (nearly) instant; as in the moment your parcel is put in a PM collection point.

I didn't even get 48 hours before I was charged for a second stay, parcel was registered as received in Northern Ireand at 11.01 on the 12th and at 11.15 on the 13th I was charged for a second stay so I only got 24hrs.

I think the fact the text did not come for another 7 hours after delivery to Dublin is a big issue as it delayed my collection even further.

Parcel delivery from UK to my home address would have been £10 so I opted for UK delivery at £2.95 so as to save myself a couple of quid but tap onto that €7.00 and it it would have cost around the same and been less hassle to have parcel delivered direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

I didn't even get 48 hours before I was charged for a second stay, parcel was registered as received in Northern Ireand at 11.01 on the 12th and at 11.15 on the 13th I was charged for a second stay so I only got 24hrs.

I think the fact the text did not come for another 7 hours after delivery to Dublin is a big issue as it delayed my collection even further.

Parcel delivery from UK to my home address would have been £10 so I opted for UK delivery at £2.95 so as to save myself a couple of quid but tap onto that €7.00 and it it would have cost around the same and been less hassle to have parcel delivered direct.

you need to contact them. There is a mistake. You are charged from when parcel is in motel in Dublin not Belfast. You need to call them.

dechol wrote: »
    you need to contact them. There is a mistake. You are charged from when parcel is in motel in Dublin not Belfast. You need to call them.

What he said.

• Advertisement

What he said.

I have, I sent them an email and will see what they to say.

Thanks All:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement