Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

Apologies I opened a separate thread for this question...

Hi Folks,

First time using parcel motel - bought three items from the uk and they have just checked into belfast well they did at 11.24 this morning. Designated Parcel Motel is Lissenhall - any chance they would make it that far this evening or is it more likely to be tomorrow? Im away till sunday evening - so if they check in tomorrow - will it be ok to collect them Sunday evening?

I had 7 euro free credit in my account - but its now showing as 0 - i obviously need to pay an additional 3.50 to collect my 3rd item but the minimum top up appears to be 10 euro. It also says you dont need to top up and you can pay as you go. How does that work? I have gotten any text or email notifications but will i just get 3 texts when they are available for collection with 3 pin numbers and then get charged an additional 3.50 to my registered credit card when i collect them? I phone the customer service and they seemed to suggest i need to top up my account?

Cheers,
    Mick

I have, I sent them an email and will see what they to say.

Thanks All:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you have a card registered you don't need to top-up. Your parcels will likely be ready for collection this evening/night, with a text notification in the morning (depends on your settings, keep an eye on email they're usually instant). Not sure how exact the 48 hour window is or when it starts -i'd say Sun evening would still be ok- but if you want to be sure to avoid an additional charge get someone else to collect (all they need is your number and the 3 PINs).

Thanks I just checked my charge history and they have indeed taken a firther 3.50 from my visa card.. thats grand.. i'll be passing the parcelmotel at 5.30 so with some mega luck it might be there by then.. but if its not i might as a friend to collect tomorrow.. one of the items is a fathers day gift for my dad in sligo so it would be nice to have it to bring with us... i can always post down next week but still fingers crossed!
    flyguy wrote: »
    If you have a card registered you don't need to top-up. Your parcels will likely be ready for collection this evening/night, with a text notification in the morning (depends on your settings, keep an eye on email they're usually instant). Not sure how exact the 48 hour window is or when it starts -i'd say Sun evening would still be ok- but if you want to be sure to avoid an additional charge get someone else to collect (all they need is your number and the 3 PINs).

Just checking the status and it said it left the depot in belfast at 3pm.. do they go direct to the parcel motel drop off from there? might make it by 5.30...
    Thanks I just checked my charge history and they have indeed taken a firther 3.50 from my visa card.. thats grand.. i'll be passing the parcelmotel at 5.30 so with some mega luck it might be there by then.. but if its not i might as a friend to collect tomorrow.. one of the items is a fathers day gift for my dad in sligo so it would be nice to have it to bring with us... i can always post down next week but still fingers crossed!

Just checking the status and it said it left the depot in belfast at 3pm.. do they go direct to the parcel motel drop off from there? might make it by 5.30...

No idea tbh but unfortunately I doubt it, I think it goes to finglas first. Even if it doesn't I'd say the truck/van your parcels are on would do quite a route with several PM locations so depends how high yours is on the list...
    Btw you can -temporarily- change your selected parcel motel (maybe to Sligo?) so your parcel would have gone there... Too late now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can you use Parcel Motel for stuff being sent by registered post, ie. have someone at the Parcel Motel depot sign for it, or is it for standard post only?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

can you use Parcel Motel for stuff being sent by registered post, ie. have someone at the Parcel Motel depot sign for it, or is it for standard post only?

Registered post will be accepted.

They wont be customs duty but if you pay customs on checkout on the site like amazon.com etc then it will be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Does anyone know what happens here ...

I've a parcel on the way to my PM address but its the wrong size and I need to send it back.
    Can it be sent back from Belfast or do I have to collect it myself?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Does parcel motel deliver on weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

paulers06 wrote: »
    Does parcel motel deliver on weekends?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

If purchasing from the UK, is it typically quicker to have shipped to parcel motel Antrim and delivered or shipped straight to address in Republic?

Depends on which shipping company is used. Some are faster than others, some companies use different companies for international and domestic deliveries. So a lot of factors there. However In my experience shipping through parcel motel (Antrim) is faster than direct to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Not a question but a thank you to Orla and the crew in PM. I've been using the service since it became available - just over 15 stays last time I'd checked.

Anyway this week something finally went wrong i.e. a package I'd ordered had got stored away incorrectly at the depot. I totally accept these types of things can and will happen. Unfortunately it was relatively urgent I got it which was why I'd got it delivered via Parcel Motel. From the time I contacted them it took a little over 24 hours for them to locate the parcel - they were able to check it arriving on their cameras and then went on some mad hunt to locate it for me :D
    I had the parcel in my local motel within 32 hours of raising it with them. I also got two free stays for the inconvenience!

So thanks to Orla and the rest of the crew in PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I am awaiting a reply to a number of e-mails to PM. The last one to Orla (8 days ago) has gone unanswered, which is very unusual, as Orla's responsiveness has always been excellent. I have now got a message "The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now" from a reminder just send to Orla's address.

Ehhhh! What's up Doc?

BTW, I've had 33 stays. Is there a league table? What's the prize??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I suppose one can expect some issues to arise as I suspect there has been a massive increase in activity for the staff what with all the Parcel Motels that have come on line.

Customer Service is key here- if there are any growth pains being experienced, customer service quality and responsiveness will be critical so that users don't get pi&&ed off.

Personally, I think that PM got great value out of Orla's presence on this forum. Her willingness to deal with stuff would defuse any potential issues that might arise, and provided a high- quality company face to users and potential customers. I think it was a mistake to remove her presence on this forum, as the customer service experience has become much less personal.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I am awaiting a reply to a number of e-mails to PM. The last one to Orla (8 days ago) has gone unanswered, which is very unusual, as Orla's responsiveness has always been excellent. I have now got a message "The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now" from a reminder just send to Orla's address.

Ehhhh! What's up Doc?

Are you trying to contacting them here on boards or by email? If on boards just be aware PM is officially not on boards since the 1st of June. Better try customerservice@parcelmotel.com or call 1890 24 17 17 if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I am also waiting on a response to a missing package. No reply from Orla or their phoneline . It's been nearly a month since the package went missing.#:(

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, how are they supposed to be in @7? If they're there within 1 working day PM is fulfilling their obligation/promise. Just because you were used to parcels being there @7 doesn't mean they have to... If not disregard all after sorry;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I registered a PM account but now I want to buy an item from the Tesco Outlet on ebay and have it shipped to me via PM in Belfast. But the Tesco Outlet page says they will only ship to Paypal addresses, i.e. the billing address of the credit card.

Is there any way around this ? I can change my ebay delivery address to the Belfast PM but can't seem to see a way to adjust the Paypal one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think I have 5-6 addresses registered with paypal. When paying I get a drop down menu showing all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

juneg wrote: »
    I am also waiting on a response to a missing package. No reply from Orla or their phoneline . It's been nearly a month since the package went missing.#:(

That's bad form Have you tried them on Facebook or Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

When I register the Parcel Motel address with PayPal, it will not let me choose any country other than Ireland. Any ideas how to deal with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

juneg wrote: »

Had an issue with a faulty Parcel Motel terminal yesterday,contacted PM via Twitter and had it sorted in 10 minutes.

https://twitter.com/ParcelMotel

Diziet wrote: »
    When I register the Parcel Motel address with PayPal, it will not let me choose any country other than Ireland. Any ideas how to deal with this?

Just add a new delivery address (don't change the one you have, that is linked to your card/bank details) with delivery addresses you should be able to choose any country. If this doesn't work just add the whole address including uk and ignore the fact that it says Ireland at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Bit of a disappointment for me today as a first time user of the service.

Got the email & SMS, said parcel was oversized, go to Finglas depot.
    Not a problem. It's as close as the swords site anyway.
    SMS said open till 11pm, so went a bit late after work to avoid the rush hour.
    Got there just before 7, bloke at the counter went for a look, came back 15 minutes later to tell me "The lads have gone home coz it's 7".

Anyone know if that's business as normal, in which case they need to update their alerts, or are they just mucking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Diziet wrote: »

I'm stymied with Lazer (still) - so set up a basic paypal.co.uk account (no bank or card details) with the PM address and send sterling to it instantly from my Irish paypal account (same name different emails).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've ordered from BBC Shop to the Parcel Motel in Belfast. I've no credit on the PM site but my Card details are in my PM account. Do I need to topup before the package arrives in Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

cant log in at all. trying to top up because they have a parcel there since friday. thought i had credit to cover it. when i try to put my pmid in i just get "error: error". no idea whats going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement