Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

flyguy wrote: »
    I would assume not, since you're getting it delivered to the UK. Your order goes to the UK parcel motel address and you pay parcel motel to get it to your choice of collection point in Ireland. That's the whole point of parcel motel...

They charge postage to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Spotted new Parcel Motels in Jobstown in Tallaght and also in Blessington this evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Do you put in the 353 part of your phone number when collecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

no, 08

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Nope

• Advertisement

Ordered some car speakers on Tuesday from Amazon that would only ship to UK. Free next day postage too.

Got a text this morning, collected it in Raheny this evening, put in my phone number and pin they sent and pop opens the door.

Very happy, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

got a great bargain on amazon of a 240GB Sandisk SSD , Macbook Pro 2008 just got a upgrade , great service , thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Well done Parcel Motel, excellent service, saved myself £24 shipping costs... where do UK retailers get off with charging such extortionate postage to Ireland for a small package! I hope business blossoms for you and I know that I will be using you again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Also noticed a new one at Topaz at newlands cross although its not on their site yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Genghis

Used the service for the first time this week. Item shipped from US that was 25% of the cost to UK as it was to ROI. Exceptionally good service, saved me a bit of money and has the added benefit of being able to pick up at your convenience.

Will be using again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Any idea if the item will arrive to UK parcel motel address today will i get it in Dublin tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

pavelpro wrote: »
    Any idea if the item will arrive to UK parcel motel address today will i get it in Dublin tomorrow?

all my items so far have been in the raheny box by 7 am the morning after they've been delivered to parcel motel in the north, great service and have saved me a small fortune so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭bren2001

pavelpro wrote: »

You get it the next day in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Today I topped up my account for the 1st time. I actually still have some free credit but I felt like I'd want to contribute towards Parcel Motel actually making some money.

I have about 3-4 deliveries arriving soon and I reckon I've saved about €60 in postage costs with just those few deliveries alone.

It really is a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I didn't know I'd be getting a fancy plastic card. arrived this morning.

parcelmotelfancycard.jpg

I wouldn't feel the need to carry it around though. Maybe it's for going out to collect deliveries in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Sounds like a very good service - can't wait until it moves to a few locations outside Dublin - one for every main county town would be nice and I'd definitely find use for it especially seeing as I'll be getting a nice Visa Debit card soon enough so no more messing with o2 money cards and 3v cards adding even more costs to buying online..

Can imagine this service is going to save me a mini fortune over time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

Picked up first parcel yesterday in Topas Finglas,works a dream,also got fancy credit card type thing this morning.Hope it works out for them,its a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Do you guys think that http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008820EY4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 packaged will fit the max dimensions set by parcelmotel?
    Same for http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TS1IKU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Amouar wrote: »
    Do you guys think that http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008820EY4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 packaged will fit the max dimensions set by parcelmotel?
    Same for http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TS1IKU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
    Thanks

doubt it, think you will be heading for finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just picked up my amazon parcel from Glasnevin.

Brilliant service and it saved me a few euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Just to go back to the parcel size. Is there a limit on the size of the parcel you can collect from the Finglas depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just signed up now and put through a small order with Amazon. The item couldn't be shipped to Irish address so happy days now through Parcel Motel. I also signed up for the 1 month free Amazon Prime :D. I just hope in the near future we get a depot in the south east near Waterford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Collected something from amazon tonight that they don't ship to Ireland, great service, will be using it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Thanks Parcel Motel, this is a great service ordered from www.bargaincrazy.com on Tuesday am, goods arrived in North on Thursday & were in their motel @ 7am on Friday.

Bargain crazy are the clearance agent for Littlewoods etc group & have some great bargains at the moment :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

What happens if 3 or 4 people with the same name order items from the same shop on the same day. How do PM know which package belongs to which person :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Kat1170 wrote: »
    What happens if 3 or 4 people with the same name order items from the same shop on the same day. How do PM know which package belongs to which person :confused:
    each has a unique code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Had another look at PM website. I take it you get a PM ID number before you actually order the item and then use it as part of your (their) address in Belfast.??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Had another look at PM website. I take it you get a PM ID number before you actually order the item and then use it as part of your (their) address in Belfast.??

Yes. This is how they (Parcel Motel) suggest you format it on the leaflet they send out with your plastic card.

Your Name
    Your PMID (usually PMxxxxx) (x=Numerals)
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

just spotted parcel motel at dolphins barn, handy for me on my route to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just signed up now and put through a small order with Amazon. The item couldn't be shipped to Irish address so happy days now through Parcel Motel. I also signed up for the 1 month free Amazon Prime :D. I just hope in the near future we get a depot in the south east near Waterford :)

The UK only delivery is the best part about this service for me.
    Lots of stuff I've looked at and wanted to get but only deliver to the UK, are now open to me.

I've got two of those type deliveries on the way so will post when I pick up and complete this mini-review!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement